Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 12:17 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

Until this election is "in the books", it is premature to call either candidate the winner.
The media is calling Biden the winner, but presently, there is no clear winner, and folks posting this and that about "President elect" Biden could be terribly wrong if voter fraud is found to be the case by the courts.

Unless you want to look stupid, you would do well to let this run it course, before claiming victory.
A lot can change in the weeks ahead.
Not saying it will, but those claiming victory , need to take a step backward and wait for the verdicts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 12:31 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,111 times
Voter fraud has so far not been found in the 10 cases brought to the courts. Most, and perhaps all, of the judges ruling in these cases were Republicans. Wait, are these judges in cahoots with the Democrats? I predict someone will make that the next thread topic. There will be a few recounts, and that's fine, but it is not going to change the ultimate result.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:42 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Voter fraud has so far not been found in the 10 cases brought to the courts. Most, and perhaps all, of the judges ruling in these cases were Republicans. Wait, are these judges in cahoots with the Democrats? I predict someone will make that the next thread topic. There will be a few recounts, and that's fine, but it is not going to change the ultimate result.
Obviously YOU are not in a position to make that kind of statement.
You are speculating.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:44 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Denial is the first stage of grief. Looks like some Trump supporters are still in denial. Next stages are anger, then bargaining, depression and acceptance.

https://www.healthline.com/health/stages-of-grief#order

Stage 1: Denial

It’s not unusual to respond to the intense and often sudden feelings by pretending the loss or change isn’t happening. Denying it gives you time to more gradually absorb the news and begin to process it. This is a common defense mechanism and helps numb you to the intensity of the situation.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:48 PM

592 posts, read 502,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Denial is the first stage of grief. Looks like some Trump supporters are still in denial. Next stages are anger, then bargaining, depression and acceptance.

https://www.healthline.com/health/stages-of-grief#order

Stage 1: Denial

It’s not unusual to respond to the intense and often sudden feelings by pretending the loss or change isn’t happening. Denying it gives you time to more gradually absorb the news and begin to process it. This is a common defense mechanism and helps numb you to the intensity of the situation.
Given Trump's record with all the lawsuits he files..I would not count on a win. Very litigious fellow..

Old 11-08-2020, 12:48 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Obviously YOU are not in a position to make that kind of statement.
You are speculating.
That is not speculation. Math is math. Facts are facts. And you can look up the decisions in these "fraud" cases yourself to see how they were decided. The final count will change somewhat, but not in a way that will elect Trump. The AP has been calling elections since 1848 and hasn't yet missed a call (although I'll admit that the Arizona call might be wrong this year), and I consider its predictive model more accurate than what conspiracy theorists on CD say. You can console yourself with delusions, and I understand the need to do that, not just for this election but for anything that is not turning out the way you'd prefer. Most of us do that to get through disappointments. But it really doesn't help.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:51 PM

130,332 posts, read 12,112,869 times
There may be a very few cases of fraud, ( like 10 or 20 per state)but not enough to change any results. Our election process is pretty good.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Until this election is "in the books", it is premature to call either candidate the winner.
The media is calling Biden the winner, but presently, there is no clear winner, and folks posting this and that about "President elect" Biden could be terribly wrong if voter fraud is found to be the case by the courts.

Unless you want to look stupid, you would do well to let this run it course, before claiming victory.
Not saying it will, but those claiming victory , need to take a step backward and wait for the verdicts.
Dude, Planet Reality is just a place you refuse to visit.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:52 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
And we are suppose to believe you , we prefer to wait for the recount, then as long as it’s done honestly then that’s it..

Old 11-08-2020, 12:53 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:

Technically, I agree. Not until the electoral votes are counted in the House of Representatives on January 6, 2021, will a winner be declared.

Now, I very much doubt that the courts will find a basis to invalidate the thousands of votes in several states that would be needed to cast the election into doubt.

I also agree that President Trump 'looked stupid' by declaring himself the winner of the race in the wee hours of November 4th.

As for the Associated Press: they have been making the call for years, even before the Trump's immigrated to this country. The process used by the AP is sound, and is usually, but not always, correct. While I thought the AP was premature in declaring Arizona for Mr. Biden (which Fox News did also), I doubt the AP was wrong in all battleground states.

I will note that CNN is being more cautious in this regard, awarding Mr. Biden 279 electoral votes, not including Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies