Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 06:57 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote - "I have to assume you missed the demonization of mexicans.

I have to assume you missed the demonization of Muslims.

I have to assume you missed the demonization of cities and populations of Americans that vote D.

I have to assume you missed the demonization of legal immigrants that came from ****hole countries.

What a crock of lies!!!!

Trump did not demonize Mexicans here legally nor those in Mexico. He was referring to Mexicans here illegally!!!!

Trump did not demonize peaceful Muslims he demonized radical Muslims!!!!

Trump didn't demonize those who voted Democrat anymore than the Democrats demonized those of us who voted Republican. Do the labels of Nazis, deplorables, racists, xenophobes ring a bell? Those are the labels that the left put on conservatives not the other way around!!!!

Trump did not demonize those from ****hole countries. He demonized those ****hole countries. There is a difference between demonizing foreigners and their ******governments!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 07:17 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Quote - "I have to assume you missed the demonization of mexicans.

I have to assume you missed the demonization of Muslims.

I have to assume you missed the demonization of cities and populations of Americans that vote D.

I have to assume you missed the demonization of legal immigrants that came from ****hole countries.

What a crock of lies!!!!

Trump did not demonize Mexicans here legally nor those in Mexico. He was referring to Mexicans here illegally!!!!

Trump did not demonize peaceful Muslims he demonized radical Muslims!!!!

Trump didn't demonize those who voted Democrat anymore than the Democrats demonized those of us who voted Republican. Do the labels of Nazis, deplorables, racists, xenophobes ring a bell? Those are the labels that the left put on conservatives not the other way around!!!!

Trump did not demonize those from ****hole countries. He demonized those ****hole countries. There is a difference between demonizing foreigners and their ******governments!!!!!
Wow...did you prove everyone right about you right there.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:30 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
If Biden goes through with some of his more nutty and divisive promises, or the really nutty things he promised NOT to do but does anyway, expect him to get nothing but resistance and ever increasing resentment.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Wow...did you prove everyone right about you right there.
Yes, thanks! The truth is better than the spin and lies of the left!

Old 11-09-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
It might not end any time soon, but the reality is political unity and fighting comes and goes in waves. There have been times in the past where people would dual or erupt into street fights over politics that make today's division look like a couple of kindergartners sticking their tongues out at each other. But then it gave way to unity and civility only to erupt in fighting again decades later that faded into civility... rinse, repeat.

I don't know where we are in this cycle, but eventually the discord will fade.
Where we are in the cycle is the point of no return now. We are far too split on the issues today unlike in the past.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:17 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Democrats: "We will unify this country."

Also Democrats: "We will reverse all of Trump's policies via executive order, too bad for the 70 million who voted for him!"

Old 11-09-2020, 08:18 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I agree there will never be unity. I have tried not to care much about politics to be honest. I live in Boston and I am like the black sheep who is republican. I rarely discuss politics with people and just nod when others do.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:48 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
It might not end any time soon, but the reality is political unity and fighting comes and goes in waves. There have been times in the past where people would dual or erupt into street fights over politics that make today's division look like a couple of kindergartners sticking their tongues out at each other. But then it gave way to unity and civility only to erupt in fighting again decades later that faded into civility... rinse, repeat.

I don't know where we are in this cycle, but eventually the discord will fade.
"there have been times in the past where people would dual or erupt into street fights over politics the streets"

It was NOT uncommon for fist fights to break out on the floor of congress in the House.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't agree with that. We've had 250 years of US history, our destiny isn't shaped by 4 years.

It seems likely next presidential election will be boring and no one will talk all that much about it, or care all that much when the election is over and the winner chosen.

We're in strange, strange times.
I am glad you mention boring, because Biden is good that that, and that might be the ticket to calming the tensions. If he does very little and does not push partisan agenda, then there wont be much to argue about. Besides, he does have a history of working with Republicans in the past, so maybe he will again, if Republicans let him. Unfortunately the GOP is more likely to use the same approach as they did with Obama, which is to oppose everything across the board (even corporate tax cuts and border walls).

We'll see, but I expect a very low-key four years from Biden.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:04 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
[quote=TMBGBlueCanary;59632598]It might not end any time soon, but the reality is political unity and fighting comes and goes in waves. There have been times in the past where people would dual or erupt into street fights over politics that make today's division look like a couple of kindergartners sticking their tongues out at each other. But then it gave way to unity and civility only to erupt in fighting again decades later that faded into civility... rinse, repeat.

I don't know where we are in this cycle, but eventually the discord will fade.[QUOTE}

One difference now is the number of things that are divisive. Bathrooms and pronouns are divisive. What's taught about American history in public schools. Social media and big tech. Micro aggression. Eating lunch instead of protesting. Athletes are divisive. Wearing a mask. etc.

Even with broader issues like race relations and climate change, the divide is gigantic.

This is from an analyst at Pew Research Center:

2020 Election Reveals Two Broad Voting Coalitions Fundamentally At Odds

"It isn’t just Washington that will be divided. The elected officials who take the oath of office in January will be representing two broad coalitions of voters who are deeply distrustful of one another and who fundamentally disagree over policies, plans and even the very problems that face the country today."

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...tally-at-odds/

I agree with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies