Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 09:37 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
What exactly did she do that is impeachable? You say slander... but where is it?
Was this meant for someone else? I've not claimed anything impeachable and specifically said she didn't commit the offence of slander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 09:39 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,129,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well Trump supporters, republicans, conservatives can be identifiable and their reputation is harmed by all the slander democrat politicians and the democrat media direct toward them. It may not be slander in the legal sense but is in a practical sense and is improper for government officials to be engaging in.
Quote:
You do realize that impeachment is a legal proceeding, right? You said she's impeachable because of slander and now you're saying that it's not slander in a legal sense. You're all over the place.
I have to ask this about mtl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
What country are you from? We don't need your foreign influence on our government.
It's becoming apparent that he may not be from the US.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:40 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,129,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Was this meant for someone else? I've not claimed anything impeachable and specifically said she didn't commit the offence of slander.
The discussion about being damaging was around slander and impeachment. They probably thought you were chiming in their conversation.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
You do realize that impeachment is a legal proceeding, right? You said she's impeachable because of slander and now you're saying that it's not slander in a legal sense. You're all over the place.
The House can impeach based on whatever they feel is sufficient basis, just like it did with Trump. A government official who publicly, incessantly and falsely attacks the people, seems like a good basis to me .

Old 11-09-2020, 09:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The House can impeach based on whatever they feel is sufficient basis, just like it did with Trump. A government official who publicly, incessantly and falsely attacks the people, seems like a good basis to me .
I'm not surprised, but I don't agree. I'm not surprised that your liberal views would have you impeach happy for something that isn't against the law. It's happened before.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised, but I don't agree. I'm not surprised that your liberal views would have you impeach happy for something that isn't against the law. It's happened before.
Yep. Democrat politicians like Kamala falsely attacking the American people is improper regardless if it's legal or impeachable.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:59 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I thought the celebration of her being half black and female seemed like overkill as well. There are plenty of women of color who have political positions, Hilary Clinton was a presidential candidate and Obama was President for 8 years. The liberal dems love to glorify it anytime a black person does anything it seems. Kind of sad.

Let's face it, it's a white mans world. Most minorities have overcome some level of obstacles to get where they are. It's not a huge deal but it should be recognized and celebrated.

Btw, the GOP has 12 new female freshmen congress women. That's also a big deal and should be recognized and celebrated.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:01 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
It has to be damaging. When you speak about half of the population, the subject is not identifiable and thus there's no damage.

For example, if I said people who had a sex operation have criminals and you happen to have had a sex operation it's not slander because I didn't identify you. I could be speaking about anyone. Just because you had a sex operation, doesn't mean that your reputation is damaged by my statement.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
The discussion about being damaging was around slander and impeachment. They probably thought you were chiming in their conversation.
I was, and said the opposite of what the poster implied. I just assume he is confused.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Yep, the Dems have created another new precedent that will bite them at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies