Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 11:33 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Presidents choose their VP by picking someone who will help them get elected.

Pence was chosen for the evangelical vote.
Harris was chosen for that PC checklist you mentioned.

No mystery there. It is what it is.
And Sarah Palin was selected because she is without a doubt a genius?

Please understand that Ms. Harris was chosen from among qualified candidates. You should give her that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 11:35 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
1. Willie Brown was never Ms. Harris' boss and they broke up before he became mayor.

2. Ms. Harris is a senator from a large state, for goodness sake! She has had a long, arduous career as a politician.

3. Does anyone think that Sarah Palin (who was never out of the country prior to running for veep) was a superior candidate to Ms. Harris?

4. What many folks don't haul in is that Ms. Harris pledged AKA at its Alpha chapter at an HBCU! Anyone who does not know how arduous this is should PM me.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/2695143002/

Old 11-09-2020, 11:37 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I thought the celebration of her being half black and female seemed like overkill as well. There are plenty of women of color who have political positions, Hilary Clinton was a presidential candidate and Obama was President for 8 years. The liberal dems love to glorify it anytime a black person does anything it seems. Kind of sad.
Only if the person is a Democrat. I saw no celebrations for Condoleezza Rice or Colin Powell. Remember when Democrats applauded when Bush chose only the second black SCOTUS nominee in history?

The first person of color to hold the VP position was a Republican, so don't let the Dems fool you on that either.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:37 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
She still has a better than even chance of following John Tyler, Millard Fillmore, Andrew Johnson, and Gerald Ford and becoming the 47th President of the United States
considering how bad she did in the Democratic Primaries...I would say more like a slim chance...not even democrat's like her....

I think she is the one who caused Biden not to win by a landslide...… many of my friends were/are enthusiastic about Biden, but have a major distaste for Harris

Old 11-09-2020, 11:39 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh stop...of course every woman who has reached the point to get to such a high position knows and honors EVERY woman who came before them.

But it is dismissive not to give her the credit.

She's the first female VP, the first VP of color.

End of story -- no matter how you want to dismiss it -- you can't.
You need to keep up on your CNN watching.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/polit...rnd/index.html

Old 11-09-2020, 11:42 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Agree Kamala was not actually elected to VP she was selected. She is not the first female selected VP.

Besides ceilings are good and breaking them is not necessarily a good thing.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:52 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
considering how bad she did in the Democratic Primaries...I would say more like a slim chance...not even democrat's like her....

I think she is the one who caused Biden not to win by a landslide...… many of my friends were/are enthusiastic about Biden, but have a major distaste for Harris
Those four Presidents became President when the office holder died in office or resigned in President Nixon's case. Some might think the chance might be slim that President Elect Biden will be incapacitated in the next 4 years but I think it is a better than even chance that the 25th Amendment will come into play

Old 11-09-2020, 11:55 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Kamala is the poster child of why there should be a glass ceiling.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:55 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I thought the celebration of her being half black and female seemed like overkill as well. There are plenty of women of color who have political positions, Hilary Clinton was a presidential candidate and Obama was President for 8 years. The liberal dems love to glorify it anytime a black person does anything it seems. Kind of sad.
For those of color it is a break through because it is the first, beats having another old white man who has the personality of sheet rock and reminds us of a stale loaf of white bread. But it was OK when the Alaska Barbie I mean Sarah Palan a former Governor with 2 years experience was chosen to be the VP candidate.

Last edited by VA Yankee; 11-09-2020 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-09-2020, 11:58 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So what? The point is she was not selected based on race.
Or she was, the race being an added kicker to go along with the gender promise. Two, or three for one identity politics box tick in Senator Harris's case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies