Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 11:35 AM

35,512 posts, read 17,676,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
The media doesn't get to decide who won the election.
It is not a "spiteful move that will hurt all of us"
The media only reported who won, NCviaMD.

The didn't decide. They did predict, that's true, and now, their prediction has been proven accurate.

As the states complete their reporting of the vote count, the media was right.

But they didn't get to "decide".

The voters get to "decide". And we've spoken.

And now, Trump has the freedom to challenge the state's reporting of votes.

Which he's doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 11:49 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,439,704 times
This really seems like cutting off the country’s collective nose to spite our face.

If/when Biden is certified, isn’t it in everyone’s best interest that the government is operating smoothly? This doesn’t seem like a partisan issue.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:54 AM

2,911 posts, read 2,011,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We don't know if America chose wisely yet, not until the investigations are done. Surely, you weren't talking about choosing China Joe?

The problem was "low information voters", those that could not get past the headlines from MSM, and they are still ignorant of what the process is. If Dems are "highly educated", they do a darn good job of hiding it! Many of those commenting here as liberals don't appear to even have a basis high school education where they learned about economics, history and our government. I have thought for awhile that some of those posting for Biden are Chinese bots, nothing else could explain how people so highly educated could be so darn ignorant!

Correct! And, after the allegations of fraud are settled and a clear winner is determined, the transition can begin.

As soon as "incoming staff" are identified, I am sure it will move forward. https://www.city-data.com/forum/newr...e=1&p=59634898 History 2000: https://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS...nds/index.html

They don't give a darn about "fair". They cry and whine about "fair" only when it works to their advantage. They are terrified of waiting, thus the multitude of threads here being critical of Trump for not giving up before the battle is over!

Well, I don't consider Biden the "apparent" winner and many others don't either. He can use his own funds to set up like Bush did when the Clinton Administration wasn't having the GSA transition. If you all are so convinced Biden won, set up a "GoFundMe" account for money to transition. I don't want my tax dollars spent on a transition that may have to be reversed. Keep in mind, it is more than just counting votes that is involved in the allegations of election fraud, and we have no idea what may have been reported to authorities that MSM in not aware of.

So, this is just a question of money from the GSA, and I can't see spending on something that isn't a sure thing! "Apparent winner with all the allegations?" I'm saying "nope"! We are talking in the area of $8 million dollars or more for the "transition".
As far as incoming staff are concerned, I’m pretty sure the top 2 have been identified, so they can work with that for now.

Old 11-09-2020, 12:02 PM

15,580 posts, read 6,317,765 times
All it means is that Biden's team will take a little longer to get up to speed. DJT will be out of power regardless.

Old 11-09-2020, 12:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 20,678,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
In short, there is a Trump appointee who needs to officially recognize that Biden is the likely president-elect so that his transition team has access to the materials they need to begin transitioning the government. She is unwilling to do so.

This is insane. Selfish to the bitter end. Even if, by some miracle, Trump’s claims were validated and he holds on to the presidency, why would they risk the harm that is going to come to our nation if Biden’s team is not allowed to adequately prepare?

This spiteful move hurts all of us, both democrats and republicans, but they don’t care.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ng/ar-BB1aOPHV
They need to fire that GSA employee... as a prior Fed EMPLOYEE, this is exactly what's happening, They following the wishes of the president and NOT policy! He is not king, and I hope they lose their job. This attitude has seeped into the ranks in other agencies and why retired earlier than planned, I would not drink that cool-aide. I left with my honesty and integrity. God help Biden get all back on track.

Old 11-09-2020, 12:06 PM

35,309 posts, read 20,678,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The media only reported who won, NCviaMD.

The didn't decide. They did predict, that's true, and now, their prediction has been proven accurate.

As the states complete their reporting of the vote count, the media was right.

But they didn't get to "decide".

The voters get to "decide". And we've spoken.

And now, Trump has the freedom to challenge the state's reporting of votes.

Which he's doing.
Trump is coming up ZERO with that so far, but in this case the employee is NOT following policy or best business practice. there is a entire army of people attached to this detail- not fair to them to make them scramble over the man-child's tantrums either... but who care about people right?

Old 11-09-2020, 12:10 PM

18,611 posts, read 7,446,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linked article
The administrator of the General Services Administration, the low-profile agency in charge of federal buildings, has a little-known role when a new president is elected: to sign paperwork officially turning over millions of dollars, as well as give access to government officials, office space in agencies and equipment authorized for the taxpayer-funded transition teams of the winner.

It amounts to a formal declaration by the federal government, outside of the media, of the winner of the presidential race.

But by Sunday evening, almost 36 hours after media outlets projected Biden as the winner, GSA Administrator Emily Murphy had written no such letter.
Did I miss passage of the law saying that media outlets have the power to approve, and command, presidential succession?

Help me out here. Which law is that, and where can I find the text of it?

Old 11-09-2020, 12:13 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,370,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
That’s not the issue. This does not officially say that Trump is conceding. All it does is allow the Biden team access to start transition planning. The less time they have to do this, the rockier the transition will be. I’m not talking about Biden’s capacity to institute partisan initiatives, this is just about keeping the government running smoothly. That is in everyone’s best interest.

Should Trump prevail, no harm, no foul.

This is petty.
Meh.........the career civil servants can probably keep things running for 6 months or longer on their own before anyone would notice people supposed to be in charge are missing.

Old 11-09-2020, 12:15 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,439,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Meh.........the career civil servants can probably keep things running for 6 months or longer on their own before anyone would notice people supposed to be in charge are missing.
I fail to see the downside of allowing the Biden team access.

Old 11-09-2020, 12:21 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,330,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
All it means is that Biden's team will take a little longer to get up to speed. DJT will be out of power regardless.

if i was biden's transition team i'd bypass trump and be reaching out to john kelly, rex tillerson, rod rosenstein and h.r mcmaster, some of the adults that served high in the administration and can hopefully decipher some of the chaos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies