Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 05:09 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times

Advertisements

Being "shy" in supporting Trump might have been a good idea considering that AOC wants to have a list:

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...mp-supporters/

Senator Marsha Blackburn is fighting back against a new scheme from the far left and Never Trumpers who are seeking to destroy supporters of President Trump.

The Trump Accountability Project, endorsed by AOC, is reportedly attempting to create a detailed list of anyone who has supported President Trump during his 4 years in office and hold them “accountable” after the election.

So, making lists of Trump supporters for pay back by the libs. AOC is bat-poop crazy, so the Dems need to separate themselves from her, tell her to go back and wait tables in the bar and take her mouth with her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 05:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And you and Cheddar would be partially wrong. Maybe they should actually ask Trump voters. Anytime I got a call from a polster I would tell them I wasn't voting or I was voting for some obscure character.
Why?

Old 11-09-2020, 05:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
https://unherd.com/2020/11/meet-the-shy-trumpers/
Lots of good data and analysis in this article. A few snippets:

"...Again, this perception is likely to be stronger among Trump-supporting graduates than Trump voters with lower education levels, who are less likely to circulate in politically-correct social environments. Research confirms that highly-educated white liberals have the most skewed perceptions of the actual views of Trump supporters, in part because their social circles tend to be politically homogeneous. The problem is worst among those most attentive to politics...."<In other words if you are an educated liberal and posting on here, you are basically clueless>

"...According to a Pew survey on October 9, Trump was leading Biden by 21 points among white non-graduates but trailing him by 26 points among white graduates. Likewise, a Politico/ABC poll on October 11 found that ‘Trump leads by 26 points among white voters without four-year college degrees, but Biden holds a 31-point lead with white college graduates.’

The exit polls, however, show that Trump ran even among white college graduates 49-49, and even had an edge among white female graduates of 50-49! This puts pre-election surveys out by a whopping 26-31 points among white graduates. By contrast, among whites without degrees, the actual tilt in the election was 64-35, a 29-point gap, which the polls basically got right...."
I don’t buy into exit polls.

Who are these people willing to disclose personal information and who they voted for to a stranger with a clip board? No way of knowing if information disclosed is truthful.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:38 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don’t buy into exit polls.

Who are these people willing to disclose personal information and who they voted for to a stranger with a clip board? No way of knowing if information disclosed is truthful.
Yeah. Ask John Kerry about those exit polls. The media was ready to declare him President-elect at 6PM based on "exit polls".

Old 11-09-2020, 11:17 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Why wouldn't you commit to formally saying Trump in a poll? You are very Pro-Trump.
I am Anti Democrat Party, and only a Trump Supporter because the Hypocracy of the Democratic party. There's a reason why Trump received much larger shares of the Hispanic and black male vote.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Most Trump voters do NOT have signs in their yards, and the reason is obvious when you read the posts from liberals in this thread. Who needs that disdain and nastiness thrown in your face?

For example, in my neighborhood, in a liberal area, I counted 18 Biden signs leading into the election, and NO Trump signs. However, my precinct, with hour-long lines on Election Day, went more for Trump. That certainly tells you that Trump voters, of which there were plenty, did not put signs in their yards.
I just dont know. I hav seen a lot of red hats, Trump 2020 bumper stickers, Trump flags, signs and even street corner supporters in AZ all the time. More so than Biden, yet Biden won AZ in a close race. I think Arizona actually had "Shy Biden voters." I haven't been too shy about it, but I didn't attend rallies or anything because I have a job and I don't want to spread the virus.

Also using Election Day in your district isn't a great measure. Most Biden voters used the mail nationwide while most Trump votes used traditional voting. Trump voters followed lockstep on voting on Election Day. Regardless who I voted for, my vote would be casted as early as possible in the mail like I have done six years now.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I am Anti Democrat Party, and only a Trump Supporter because the Hypocracy of the Democratic party. There's a reason why Trump received much larger shares of the Hispanic and black male vote.
Still didn't answer my question. You aren't shy on here with being pro-Trump so why do it to a polster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies