Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 09:09 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times

Advertisements

Has everyone forgotten November 2016, one week after the presidential election?

Japan's PM has become the first foreign leader to meet US President-elect Donald Trump since the election last week. The meeting in Trump Tower, New York, lasted 90 minutes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37946613

I never read ANY criticism of this in-person meeting taking place two months before Trump was sworn in as President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 09:19 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post

Japan's PM has become the first foreign leader to meet US President-elect Donald Trump since the election last week. The meeting in Trump Tower, New York, lasted 90 minutes.

I never read ANY criticism of this in-person meeting taking place two months before Trump was sworn in as President.
Was there any doubt that Trump won> Was it officially called for Trump?

Has Joe Burden been officially declared victor?

Old 11-11-2020, 09:21 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:

Wasn't he actually President Elect (the real definition, not the recently updated one) at that time?

Old 11-11-2020, 09:22 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

I thought the Electoral College made Trump’s win official in December 2016.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:07 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Wasn't he actually President Elect (the real definition, not the recently updated one) at that time?
What's the real definition? Surely not the one someone tried to insert recently on Wikipedia.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:08 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That's silly. I'm a foreigner so I don't even know what this so-called Logan Act of yours is and I don't care either. So I'm in no position to admit or deny that some obscure Act that I don't know of or care about the existence of is being violated.

Since it's the leaders of other countries are the ones who are calling him to congratulate him are you suggesting that they also are violating the Logan Act? Do they even know or care what America's Logan Act is? Do you think Biden should take his phone off the hook to refuse all callers until he is inaugurated?

The question asked in the title is just a lot of immature, thoughtless nit-picking at straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
If you are a foreigner, why are you even commenting on this topic? It's none of your affairs.

They aren't Americans so they aren't subject to the Logan Act, but someone who's been in office 47 years certainly knows the Logan Act and if a foreigner leader says more than congratulations, Biden and his surrogates have to say, "call us back January 21, 2021"

We've endured four and a half years of a lot of immature, thoughtless nit-picking at straws that led to a ridiculous impeachment in the middle of a pandemic and a bunch of phony criminal charges that are now being rolled back by appeals courts.

Well, Tim, it's because he (or she) wants to. No other reason is necessary.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:49 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Just learned by watching Democrats for four and a half years. Criminalize and politicize everything, muddy up your opponent at every opportunity, deny, delay, destruct.

Sure, release the transcripts of the calls. If there is nothing to hide or untoward, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

The biggest fraud in this election is the fraud in plain sight. The Democrats succeeded in pushing the Green Party off the ballot in PA, WI and GA (and maybe other states). If the number of people voting Green the last elections in these three states had stayed consistent; Trump would have won all three states.

So just remember next time you hear a Democrat saying how important every vote is, remember that they deprived 10s of thousands of Americans from voting for a candidate of their choice.

I am aware that Canada is a pissant little country with a GDP that is 60% of California's GDP, relies on the U.S. who is 75% of Canada's exports, while those imports to the U.S. are only 7% of total imports. Canada needs the U.S. far more than the U.S. needs Canada.

Sure there is. I can keep pointing out that Canada is a pissant little country with a GDP that is 60% of California's GDP, relies on the U.S. who is 75% of Canada's exports, while those imports to the U.S. are only 7% of total imports. And keep pointing out that Canada needs the U.S. far more than the U.S. needs Canada.

I don't. That is why I want the transcripts of the calls released. If there is nothing improper in them, then why shouldn't they be released?

Canada is in no way America's closest friend and most essential partner. They have voted against the U.S. too many times in the UN to claim anything close to that.

The American people have endured four and half years of nit-picking, lies, accusations and persecution at an unprecedented level from the Democrats.

More than 71,000,000 Americans disagree.Trump got more votes than Obama and Clinton.

This simply proves how utterly and completely clueless you are about America, American law and the American people.

Yeah. And people in hell want Slurpees.

Old 11-12-2020, 01:15 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
I thought the Electoral College made Trump’s win official in December 2016.
When Hillary conceded, Trump was the President Elect.

Old 11-12-2020, 01:23 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Enjoy your laughs while you can. Trump won the election and this will be proven after manual recounts. I guess you don't even know about the Dominion software that was used in 33 states.

You don't have to know- the US Supreme Court, the federal election committee, and state legislatures are doing all the work and have all the information they need.

Biden was discussing POLICY, which is illegal. He has not been determined to be the "president elect" (the election is far from over and has not been certified) and he is not legally able to discuss US policy until he is president, which is never going to happen unless he runs and wins in 2024.
What I'm wondering, is when you're going to get tired of embarrassing yourself like this. Trump's ship of state is like the Titanic. It's hit the iceberg and it's going down. And all the while he's interviewing new people for jobs and appointing new cabinet secretaries. You don't really think Trump is going to go down with the ship? No, he will jump off and save himself, but how many supporters will be deceived into sacrificing themselves? It would be just like him to stiff his hired trolls on their last paychecks. Trump's presidency is in the life-support stage. This is the last chance for his enablers to salvage something of their dignity and integrity and pull the plug. I can imagine many republicans of the past, from before this gang of grifters hijacked their party, are rolling in their graves right now.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 11-12-2020 at 01:48 AM..

Old 11-12-2020, 06:14 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

It wouldn't be official as a lot of states haven't certified their results by the a week after the election.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies