Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 07:51 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The so-called " Dem cities" have more people and density than rural areas. More people also means more people who choose to ignore distancing and persist in close gatherings. and the virus spreads.

The NYC tri-state area was hit hard which is understandable given the millions who poured into the US from Europe via JFK before recreational travel was restricted by the Federal Government. NYC has the largest subways system in the US and is one of the largest in the world. People routinely were packed into subways cars. No surprise the virus spread.

The NY tri-state area has the largest concentration of Orthodox Jewish people, many of whom live in extremely tight quarters. Many congregations persisted with huge wedding celebrations and funerals and have done so despite rabbis being hospitalized and dying of Codvis complications.

NYC had to remove basketball hoops because the masses refused to stop gathering to play and watch.

Conversely, North Dakota has been having an exceptionally hard time with Covid and seems to be taking the upper Midwest along with them.

Covid is an equal opportunity destroyer.
As of November 1 New Jersey lost 1,856 per million and New York 1,732 per million. North Dakota only 697.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 07:55 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
I hope not. But, if he issues a directive to the governors, then they would have no choice.
SC Governor already said that it would be unenforceable. There aren't enough police to enforce what Mayors/Governors put in place today.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:00 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
Good! That's the reason I voted for Biden. I'm glad he's planning on a national lockdown.
If people and the former president can't take this seriously, I'm glad Biden will.
Glad Biden is our President!!!!!
Sadly though Biden can't do that. There's this little thing about Federal powers vs State powers.
All Biden can do is prevent people from traveling between states (Commerce clause).

FWIW both Trump and Pelosi brought this up last April and both dropped it immediately because......the Fed does not have that power.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:22 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is the only effective way to stop this virus in its tracks unfortunately!!

If the states are all doing different measures, the virus will continue to spread, its that simple really.

Yes, it will harm the economy, but it will be TEMPORARY! The economy WILL come back.
if you lose a business its not temporary.....if you lose a job, or your house, its not temporary. who are you that a lockdown wouldnt be a big deal

Old 11-10-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
Sadly, I know at least one person who did this, and actually admitted it. smdh
hope that 1200 bucks was worth it, because biden has openly said hes going to soak us with taxes.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:39 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
if you lose a business its not temporary.....if you lose a job, or your house, its not temporary. who are you that a lockdown wouldnt be a big deal
If I remember correctly rstevens is retired with a government pension that he gets no matter what happens. So whether you lose your business or house or whatever because of government lockdowns really doesn't affect him. In short, he is panicked, cares only about "the virus" and if you suffer for his safety/feelings so be it.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Good.

The faster we lock down the faster we can get over this crap. Maybe if we did it back in April we'd have been over this by now like Japan and South Korea - two other democracies that aren't stupid when it comes to public health threats and who have much more sense of community and country.
sounds like you should move there! i am so sick of the anti-american rhetoric i hear on here.

if you hate america LEAVE PLEASE

Old 11-10-2020, 10:43 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
sounds like you should move there! i am so sick of the anti-american rhetoric i hear on here.

if you hate america LEAVE PLEASE
fibonacci also fails to note that Europe had full lockdowns, yet the virus has come back there and hit harder than the resurgence in the US.

He just repeats whatever the Democrats say as far as I can tell.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:45 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
That'll be the day that I click on a Russian Times article link.

Really? Trump supporters are cool with getting their news from the Russian Times? Guess I shouldn't be the least bit surprised. They are a traitorous bunch to their country.
Let me get this straight. So you are basically saying that anybody in the world getting their news from US media is a traitor to their respective country?

Old 11-10-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
Good! That's the reason I voted for Biden. I'm glad he's planning on a national lockdown.
If people and the former president can't take this seriously, I'm glad Biden will.
Glad Biden is our President!!!!!
problem is, its going to be a halfarse lockdown, and do nothing but kill businesses .....why dont people understand we cant stop a virus!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies