Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 12:56 PM
bu2

23,917 posts, read 14,720,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree, this year has been bizarre.

I don't think I've ever seen a president who did not win refuse to concede - so you're right, usually the loser errs on the side of graciousness and concedes.

And then following that, the winner declares victory.

Do you expect Biden to never have an acceptance speech - because it's likely Trump will never concede?

Strange times call for strange measures.
Hillary keeps withdrawing her concession and saying the Russians stole it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 12:57 PM

1,619 posts, read 1,630,196 times
Funny thing about illegal ballots...they still have the finger prints on them.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:59 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Like what? I have yet to say specifically "we think x, y, and z are illegal". Not even trying to be funny, I honestly don't know what they think is illegal.

We know they disagree with PA's law, but they are authorized by the US Constitution to set the rules and SCOTUS won't set precedence on this matter.

And your second point is correct. Even according to Attorney General William Barr - the illegal acts must be enough to swing the election.
There have been tons of articles. Just not on the Democratic controlled media-ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC/WaPo/NYT.

If you are honestly asking and not just spouting the party line:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/09...n-is-how-much/

Note: This article is not comprehensive. Its only discussing a few of the issues.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:59 PM

51,588 posts, read 25,595,584 times
Trump can file all the lawsuits he wants, unless he comes up with some evidence it's going nowhere.

Trump had his day in court, several of them as a matter fact. Sooner or later he's going to get hit with fines and sanctions for filing frivolous lawsuits unless he comes up with some evidence of some sort.

Old 11-10-2020, 01:00 PM

Well, I am not afraid at all. Thirty (30) former Democratic Lawmakers tell Biden to pack it in. Too much evidence is coming out. Jill Biden tells husband he should bow out. Liberals-- this us true really. "Sources" swear on it.

Old 11-10-2020, 01:01 PM

24,376 posts, read 9,248,608 times
I’m afraid or riots and looting after every viral police video

I’m afraid of the massive urban decay of our cities

I’m afraid of BLM, Antifa, and anarchists

I’m afraid we elected sleepy and freak nasty

Old 11-10-2020, 01:02 PM
bu2

Also, none of this evidence of illegality covers all the efforts to make the ballot less secure.

Mail in ballots accepted after the election with no postmark?
Drive in ballot harvesting with no ID check?
Mail in ballots with no witnessing?
Massive mailing out of mail in ballots with no purging of the voter roles?

51,588 posts, read 25,595,584 times
FYI, for those who didn't pay attention in government class or who don't live around here, when you go to court in the United States you need to bring and present evidence to support your case.

My understanding is that in some countries, Russia comes to mind, the court will supply the evidence against you. Here, you have to bring your own.

Perhaps that's what's confusing folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotherequickasicould View Post
trump can file all the lawsuits he wants, unless he comes up with some evidence it's going nowhere.

Trump had his day in court, several of them as a matter fact. Sooner or later he's going to get hit with fines and sanctions for filing frivolous lawsuits unless he comes up with some evidence of some sort.
bs :d

Old 11-10-2020, 01:13 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
I do have to question why so many people are against and freaking out over simply having a full and open investigation ...

you've asked this question before and seem not to want to accept the answer:

if there is evidence of fraud then i support an investigation following the legal process set forth in that state. i do not support frivolous investigations or lawsuits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies