Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2020, 06:33 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You say some really... “interesting” things.

May I ask where you get your information?
John Roberts, for one, who didn't want to get involved in the election in 2000 and absolutely will not touch the election in 2020 unless someone can prove there is a Constitutional issue at stake. He has no intentions of making SCOTUS an extension of any political party's wishes.

So far, the Trump lawyers have done nothing but get themselves laughed out of court trying to push conspiracy theories. They are 2/34 the last I saw, and the two they won have no bearing on the outcome of the election. They're going to have to do a lot better than that (and quickly!) to make it to the Big Show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 06:39 AM

1,781 posts, read 956,122 times
Quote:
You’re an attorney?! Why aren’t you calling out the legal nonsense your cohorts have been spewing in this thread?

Typical leftist. The truth and understanding it are less important than winning or feeling good.

There’s a reason people think lawyers are slimy.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I’m no leftist. And don’t insinuate that I am slimy. I don’t appreciate it. Maybe you should go back and read my posts on this thread. You seem confused...

Old 11-22-2020, 06:39 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
You’re an attorney?! Why aren’t you calling out the legal nonsense your cohorts have been spewing in this thread?

Typical leftist. The truth and understanding it are less important than winning or feeling good.

There’s a reason people think lawyers are slimy.
Lawyers who bleed bourbon during a hearing and have hair dye running down their faces do nothing to dispel that impression.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
John Roberts, for one, who didn't want to get involved in the election in 2000 and absolutely will not touch the election in 2020 unless someone can prove there is a Constitutional issue at stake. He has no intentions of making SCOTUS an extension of any political party's wishes.

So far, the Trump lawyers have done nothing but get themselves laughed out of court trying to push conspiracy theories. They are 2/34 the last I saw, and the two they won have no bearing on the outcome of the election. They're going to have to do a lot better than that (and quickly!) to make it to the Big Show.
Please provide the quote from him.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Yes our mental health system doesn’t have the support for the Trumpers that are gonna be faced with reality.
We’ll be fine. Worry about your own mental health.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Lawyers who bleed bourbon during a hearing and have hair dye running down their faces do nothing to dispel that impression.
Bless your heart.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:21 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
So is Trump still staying for a second term or was that a bunch of malarke?

Old 11-22-2020, 07:25 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:

I will note that Chief Justice John Roberts did not join the Supreme Court until September 2005.

During the 2000 election, he was in private practice in Washington D.C.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/biographies.aspx

Old 11-22-2020, 07:37 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
So is Trump still staying for a second term or was that a bunch of malarke?
He will stay till he is dragged out of the WH like a silly mouse.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:39 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The only reason Trump "must go" would be because he was voted out by qualified voters. Doesn't matter who we think is evil or who dishes out false narrative.
Amen to that !! Now send the email to Trump so he can get it. Because it’s not sunk in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies