Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 08:14 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Actually- it looks like he has a 4.9 million lead in Ca and a 5.1 million lead overall. So Biden wins the popular vote without Ca. He'll probably pick another 1-1.5 million in margin as they wrap it up. NY and Illinois have as much of a percentages still out as Ca so they will help keep the margin beyond Ca's margin alone. Biden will probably make up minor ground in NC as well.

It will be interesting how these states trend moving forward. Trump did very well in FL and earned a 3 pt win. In Texas the R win shrunk to less than six points. If those two states tighten up 2-3 points (Texas following its current trajectory and Fl going back to a tight state) t2024 Democrat will have a chance to earn a one to two million vote lead outside of Ca.

you have the final numbers? Biden spent the most money in election history, surpassing Hillary in 2016 and she spent a lot. He had the media and wall street on his side. This is going to get ugly before it gets better. There is no way half the country will allow the media to protect Joe for the next 4 years.

this wasn't a landslide with the advantages the Dem have. This is a very divided country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 08:21 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Biden 77,065,948 votes
Trump 72,140,565 votes

Not a landslide but a clear and decisive victory. Good God man, just concede already.
Learn the law. Those numbers are irrelevant.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I promise not to pretend like Dems lost D+15 districts if you promise not to pretend like this is some kind of thrashing by Biden, whom the electorate basically used as a cathartic vessel and then promptly handcuffed.
I never said it was a thrashing, but that being said, people dont vote for divided government. Thats a lie people say to themselves when they forget House elections are decided on a district by district basis, not national party basis. Same with the senate.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
that's less than 5 million votes according to your numbers. That's less than 1.2% of the population. The margin comes from California. That's what you call a divided nation. Now, We wonder what is the real number if they investigate real fraud. We have fraud in Medicaid of 57 billion a year and Social security fraud of 1.3 trillion a year and Democrats pretend there is no voter fraud?

I wish they investigate this like the 2 1/2 years of the Russian hoax. How many dead people voted. How many people voted in multiple states and how many fake ballots. Whoever wins, we should get to the bottom of this.
California is 10% of the population, you cant discount it just because you want to.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:40 PM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
False numbers. The tally isn't final. Legitimate votes are still being counted.
And in 2016 there were only 136,669,000 votes. Now there are already over 152,800,000. Probably at least a million and a half left just from California.

Be interesting to see the turnout by state.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:14 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
... pointing to a victory in the popular vote when a campaign for the popular vote was not waged is beyond bizarre.
If this was a popular vote election, the campaign style might be different (both candidates would likely do a 50-state tour) but the result would be about the same. In-person rallies make little difference. People form their opinions based on national media, social media, websites, cable TV, all of it by instant electronic communications. Debates are broadcast nationally.

If there was a national popular vote Oklahoma would still vote red, Massachusetts would still vote blue and Florida would still split the vote. Very little would change.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:44 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Your address proves you're a leftwing nut. Beyond that, it doesn't take much to figure it out given what's happened in the past week. Of course, if you only watch left wing news sources you wouldn't know about it.
Republicans outnumber Democrats in my city. Another detached from reality Trump supporter are we? I only know Biden won because I apparently only watch MSNBC?

Old 11-11-2020, 11:18 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Republicans outnumber Democrats in my city. Another detached from reality Trump supporter are we? I only know Biden won because I apparently only watch MSNBC?

Yes that’s true . The media claims they decide elections . If you do watch the media they a pretending uncle
Joe won .

Biden can pretend to be president all he wants . His senile make believe “president elect” counsel and go govern one of those Chinese islands in the pacific .

Old 11-12-2020, 06:06 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
I've tuned out the cry babies for the past few days. Have they come up with anything significant? A signed affidavit from a rabid Trump supporter is hearsay. Courts do not over turn elections based on hearsay, they've already made that ruling and will continue to make those rulings.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:09 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I've tuned out the cry babies for the past few days. Have they come up with anything significant? A signed affidavit from a rabid Trump supporter is hearsay. Courts do not over turn elections based on hearsay, they've already made that ruling and will continue to make those rulings.
Nothing significant yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies