Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 07:33 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,039,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodthebadtheugly View Post
when my parents immigrated to this country “legally” i may add. They were dirt poor! They had nothing! They had very little education and didn’t speak a word of english. However they didn’t go on welfare..they didn’t join gangs...they didn’t do drugs..they didn’t go robbing and shooting people. They busted their butts working two or three jobs to raise a family. And if they could make it this country and “dealing with bigotry as well” so can african americans. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the black community and it’s not poverty!
preach!

Old 11-11-2020, 07:34 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,539,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Lolz

Record low unemployment doesn't mean all those people who got jobs actually got good jobs with good wages. And further, say every worker hypothetically got a 15% raise across the board. A worker who just went from $9/hr to $10.35/hr; yeah, they got a 15% raise, but are they really any better off?......
Yes, of course they're better off! They just got a 15% raise, whereas under Obama low-income wages were flat.

Let's figure: they just got about a $230 monthly raise. Where I live, that would pay for my electric bill AND leave me an extra $100 to put toward better quality groceries or gas in the car.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true. Or, more accurately, it doesn't make it true that Republicans care any more about blacks than do Democrats.
Sorry, but Republicans hate African Americans.

Time to stop talking around the issue and just state it plainly. This thread is just more proof. It’s really ONLY about anger that blacks didn’t help Trump. So now it’s time to lash out and denigrate black folks as a whole.

I get it. But frankly, I don’t care about white conservative anger. I rather enjoy it myself. Y’all hate us, and we hate y’all. Why not leave it at that and be satisfied? We don’t have to like each other to live in this country.

Quote:
If they're business owners, they do. Business owners do better by going to Republicans, without all that needless regulations. (And news flash: most business owners are from from rich. The majority are 1- or 2-person operations, making an OK living.)

Unless you're saying that black people don't own businesses?
Don’t be a smart alek.

Business owners are a small percentage of EVERY race of people. The overwhelming majority of people are employees.

So black business owners aren’t gonna be substantial enough to raise the black vote to a number high enough to put Republicans over the top among black folks.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:38 AM

24,832 posts, read 9,600,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
It's gang mentality and drug culture in their music and who the youth idolize. Rap music glorifies everything that is wrong with urban youth and the youth then try to emulate their idols.
Modern Rap music is pretty horrific, but plenty of white suburban kids don’t shoot up their community or drop out of high school after listening to it. It comes down to no father in the house. That’s why these kids join gangs and just lose their minds.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:40 AM

35,802 posts, read 21,187,521 times
whiners this morning... guess don't have fun lives, and spend al their times looking at the negative.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 9,600,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
It's their anti-white man.....and became their ghetto culture....which became their afro-american culture

...which by no means applies to all blacks

but it is the culture that's promoted as "black" culture....the other choice would be just promoting normal everyday culture that everyone does.....but that won't get you "special" treatment
Ghetto culture is actually southern white redneck culture. African slaves hijacked it when they arrived.

You can thank the Democratic Party for that.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:43 AM

12,983 posts, read 13,731,612 times
The poverty rates among Native Americans and Alaskan Natives is higher than that of Black people. Their death rates from violent crime, drugs and alcohol are also higher in many parts of the US. Where is your criticism of them? Have they not been here for 1000's of years. Your parents seemed to have climbed the ladder to success much faster than them too, yes? What about poor whites in the south? They have been free members of the ruling class for over 300 years and yet they suffer from poverty violent crime and drugs also. You parents seemed to have achieved success faster than some poor white American whose family has been in Appalachia for 200 years. I guess its not politically correct to complain about Indians.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 11-11-2020 at 08:23 AM..

Old 11-11-2020, 07:44 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,208,448 times
My parents immigrated to this country legally and my perspective is entirely different from yours. This country intended to make an underclass out of over 40 different ethnicities, stripped them all of their cultures, languages, religions etc. On top of that, they would not allow them to be full-fledged members of society, robbing them left and right, raping their women and daughters etc.

And you’re upset at AAs in general because there is a minority among them that did actually become that underclass and commit a high amount of crime? What do you think would come out of the above?

Anyway, it’s quite apparent that you seek approval the majority so you constantly make these types of threads for attention. Get a hold of yourself. The majority of African-Americans are law-abiding people who are not on welfare and have accomplished much in a short period of time despite all that has happened to them. So have a seat sir.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:46 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,687,695 times
Quote:
Yes, of course they're better off! They just got a 15% raise, whereas under Obama low-income wages were flat.

Let's figure: they just got about a $230 monthly raise. Where I live, that would pay for my electric bill AND leave me an extra $100 to put toward better quality groceries or gas in the car.
Big deal, most people spend more than that a month just on food or gasoline

Old 11-11-2020, 07:48 AM

35,839 posts, read 18,164,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
when my parents immigrated to this country “legally” I may add. They were dirt poor! They had nothing! They had very little education and didn’t speak a word of English. However they didn’t go on welfare..they didn’t join gangs...they didn’t do drugs..they didn’t go robbing and shooting people. They busted their butts working two or three jobs to raise a family. And If they could make it this country and “dealing with bigotry as well” so can African Americans. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the black community and it’s not poverty!
I would listen to this more carefully, OP, if this had been YOU who had accomplished this, not your parents. You can't really take credit for something others, besides your self, do.

Bravado by proxy.

Additionally, did they come here because they chose to? Or were they brought here against their will?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies