Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 07:22 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not gonna happen. Ever. Come back to reality.

They have no reason to go Republican. None
If they're business owners, they do. Business owners do better by going to Republicans, without all that needless regulations. (And news flash: most business owners are from from rich. The majority are 1- or 2-person operations, making an OK living.)

Unless you're saying that black people don't own businesses?

Old 11-11-2020, 07:24 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true. Or, more accurately, it doesn't make it true that Republicans care any more about blacks than do Democrats.
It's more about class than race, wake up. The majority of Americans are not rich, therefore the majority of Americans would not be Republicans if they kept up on issues and knew what was good for them! (Note: Democrats at the federal level haven't been that much better, but still better)

Old 11-11-2020, 07:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why? If you aren't rich, or a member of the Southern Baptist Church, the Republicans don't give a $#!+ about you
Yep. There’s no way in hell that black Georgians are gonna go vote Republican. Hell no. Vote for your own destruction by voting in two Republican Senators who would rather see you at the bottom of a river?

Perish the thought.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:25 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
when my parents immigrated to this country “legally” I may add. They were dirt poor! They had nothing! They had very little education and didn’t speak a word of English. However they didn’t go on welfare..they didn’t join gangs...they didn’t do drugs..they didn’t go robbing and shooting people. They busted their butts working two or three jobs to raise a family. And If they could make it this country and “dealing with bigotry as well” so can African Americans. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the black community and it’s not poverty!
Which country did you come from? It will make a world of difference to understand your mentality and background.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:26 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It's more about class than race, wake up. The majority of Americans are not rich, therefore the majority of Americans would not be Republicans if they kept up on issues and knew what was good for them! (Note: Democrats at the federal level haven't been that much better, but still better)
That's the myth the liberal media feeds you. Expand your reading.

Under Trump, and before the virus WHICH WAS NOT HIS FAULT, we had 50-year record low unemployment for all, with record low for minorities. On top of that, low-income wages were rising in the first time in....forever. That was due to Trump's pro-business policies, which trickled down to both middle-income stockholders (like me, mostly in my IRA) and low-income employees.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's the myth the liberal media feeds you. Expand your reading.

Under Trump, and before the virus WHICH WAS NOT HIS FAULT, we had 50-year record low unemployment for all, with record low for minorities. On top of that, low-income wages were rising in the first time in....forever. That was due to Trump's pro-business policies, which trickled down to both middle-income stockholders (like me, mostly in my IRA) and low-income employees.
Lolz

Record low unemployment doesn't mean all those people who got jobs actually got good jobs with good wages. And further, say every worker hypothetically got a 15% raise across the board. A worker who just went from $9/hr to $10.35/hr; yeah, they got a 15% raise, but are they really any better off?......

Old 11-11-2020, 07:31 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
I grew up a poor white child in rural America..... We thought we had gangs but my Mom would laugh at us saying we were the Pamida pounders vs the Kmart killers......LOL

Old 11-11-2020, 07:32 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
It all comes down to one thing: no fathers in the house

The out of wedlock birthrate for us blacks is like 80%+. You could lock up thousands of blacks and it wouldn’t change the crime rate because everyday someone is born without a father.

When Democrats started paying poor people to have kids without a father, with the New Deal and Great Society programs of the 1960s, that’s exactly what they did.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:32 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Name one other race in the US that has been so targeted then the AA community? The justice system has systematically gone after young black men, at a MUCH MUCH higher rate then other demographics!!!

Young black men faces harder and longer jail time for offenses that they commit at the same numbers as white or hispanics!!

Jailing two generations of young black men and all the ramifications that creates on their lives going forward has had a deep and traumatic consequences in their societies!!

Strangely funny watching White persons now, after Five decades of targeted action against the black citizens and claim they are just like that. No.. the system that went after young black men 50 years ago until now, has created the current mess!!

All of what you described can be explained by legally relevant factors. Not racism.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:33 AM

506 posts, read 510,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
when my parents immigrated to this country “legally” I may add. They were dirt poor! They had nothing! They had very little education and didn’t speak a word of English. However they didn’t go on welfare..they didn’t join gangs...they didn’t do drugs..they didn’t go robbing and shooting people. They busted their butts working two or three jobs to raise a family. And If they could make it this country and “dealing with bigotry as well” so can African Americans. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the black community and it’s not poverty!
So...how many black people do you know? Are real friends with? Don't say "I am not a racist! My (insert) (friend, sister-in-law, dog-walker, the guy who makes my coffee) is black!"

Unless you have been in their shoes, you have no say in this.

And by the way, there are more white people on welfare than black people.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...k-white-780252

https://fortunly.com/statistics/welf...atistics/#gref

There are white gangs. The Aryan Nation, Aryan Nation of Texas, Aryan Circle, KKK, Nazi Lowriders, most biker gangs, the list goes on.

More whites do drugs than blacks:

https://sunrisehouse.com/addiction-d...fferent-races/

It just happens more black people are not given a pass because of the color of their skin. White criminals and losers are.

So you claiming that blacks do all those and use your family as an example, failing to take into account of all whites, and not doing research, makes you the racist.

Most likely you won't read the links, saying "fake news!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies