Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 03:41 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times

Advertisements

when my parents immigrated to this country “legally” I may add. They were dirt poor! They had nothing! They had very little education and didn’t speak a word of English. However they didn’t go on welfare..they didn’t join gangs...they didn’t do drugs..they didn’t go robbing and shooting people. They busted their butts working two or three jobs to raise a family. And If they could make it this country and “dealing with bigotry as well” so can African Americans. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the black community and it’s not poverty!

Last edited by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly; 11-11-2020 at 04:00 AM..

Old 11-11-2020, 03:43 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
when my parents immigrated to this country “legally” I may add. They were dirt poor! They had nothing! They had very little education and didn’t speak a word of English.
These are precisely the type of people we shouldn't allow into our country. Legal immigration into this country should be for those that are highly educated and have something unique to offer us. Letting in dirt poor uneducated people is not good for society.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:48 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Quote:

These are precisely the type of people we shouldn't allow into our country. Legal immigration into this country should be for those that are highly educated and have something unique to offer us. Letting in dirt poor uneducated people is not good for society.
With due respect I disagree. My father started a successful construction company that employed many over the years!

Old 11-11-2020, 04:02 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Asian communities had been poor over the years and had in fact committed less crime than the national average. It is cultural. Black people had higher poverty rates in the past with less violent crime. Native Americans today have higher poverty rates than blacks.

Moreover the violent crime rate FELL during the Great Depression despite a massive increase in poverty.

Leftism teaches people that they are hapless victims and not responsible for their own personal choices nor is their community responsible for its own culture. Leftism is a cancer that will destroy society if left unchecked. People must be accountable for their own actions. Responsibility is important to a functioning society.

Old 11-11-2020, 04:24 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
when my parents immigrated to this country “legally” I may add. They were dirt poor! They had nothing! They had very little education and didn’t speak a word of English. However they didn’t go on welfare..they didn’t join gangs...they didn’t do drugs..they didn’t go robbing and shooting people. They busted their butts working two or three jobs to raise a family. And If they could make it this country and “dealing with bigotry as well” so can African Americans. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the black community and it’s not poverty!
It's gang mentality and drug culture in their music and who the youth idolize. Rap music glorifies everything that is wrong with urban youth and the youth then try to emulate their idols.

Old 11-11-2020, 04:25 AM

4,862 posts, read 2,673,519 times
to the OP..your thinly veiled prejudiced views are shining brightly this morning aren't they?

clearly you're just another pissed off trumper, but taking it out on the black community must seem like a temporary pacifier for your unjustified anger about the loser in chief..go find something constructive to do..

Old 11-11-2020, 04:27 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
It's gang mentality and drug culture in their music and who the youth idolize. Rap music glorifies everything that is wrong with urban youth and the youth then try to emulate their idols.
Careful! I once said I didn't like rap music, especially because of the profanity, and a liberal called me a racist.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:30 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
You really wake up and have these thoughts first thing in the morning? Sheesh.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:47 AM

838 posts, read 555,197 times
So you are making a comparison between two poor people to an entire population of poor African Americans? There's not one example out there of a black family that hasn't done exactly what your parents have done?

You really need to check yourself. Your parents may have been a great example to you by being hard working, law abiding citizens but they missed the mark with you somehow.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:56 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
Name one other race in the US that has been so targeted then the AA community? The justice system has systematically gone after young black men, at a MUCH MUCH higher rate then other demographics!!!

Young black men faces harder and longer jail time for offenses that they commit at the same numbers as white or hispanics!!

Jailing two generations of young black men and all the ramifications that creates on their lives going forward has had a deep and traumatic consequences in their societies!!

Strangely funny watching White persons now, after Five decades of targeted action against the black citizens and claim they are just like that. No.. the system that went after young black men 50 years ago until now, has created the current mess!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies