Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 12:27 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Try reading mine. What is the GOP advocating for that doesn't even exist in reality? The DNC is the party that makes up imaginary things like "systemic racism", "white privilege" etc.
My point is that the GOP can push whatever agenda they want including things as ridiculous as recognition for imaginary creatures if that’s what they feel is important. It’s called an analogy and I, incorrectly it appears, assumed you’d recognize it as such. Sorry to confuse.

But, when people who don’t believe in their choices leave, never join and don't vote for their candidates even if registered as Republicans, then they may have to reevaluate those choices. Digging in your heels and doubling down on what’s not working is not a good strategy.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Because they’re educated enough to get that voting third party in this country is akin to flushing your vote down the toilet.

So, no different than your vote being on the 'wrong' side in one of the 48 states where winner talkes all the Electoral votes. Reason enough to eliminate the EC.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:28 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Where does that 'Muslim ban' come into the argument?

Religious freedom for me, but not for thee?
They banned travel from 7 predominately Muslim countries from a list that Obama compiled of terrorist nations. There were dozens of Muslim nations with no limitation.

You once again post fake news.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:31 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Truck drivers and carpenters don't have a portion of their demographic explicitly exposed to Leftist politics , nor do they benefit from the from employment with their skill. Social workers will find more employment with the de fund the police movement. Free college will benefit future professors and probably grant money.

So my guess is never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I was responding to the guy who thought college educated people wouldn't vote for someone who was illiterate and had trouble with the English language. So that would mean no voting for Biden.
If that was true (which it is not), then by comparison people choosing Biden over Trump would really highlight just how much many, many people hate Trump if they perceive an illiterate as a better choice. Maybe those 4 years of acting like a petulant toddler didn’t pay off as well as Trump expected. Go figure.

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
They banned travel from 7 predominately Muslim countries from a list that Obama compiled of terrorist nations. There were dozens of Muslim nations with no limitation.

You once again post fake news.

xenophobia is a form of discrimination. We all know it was more symbolic than anything else.

I love when the Christian-Sharia tries to play the "religious freedom" card.

bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Go look up Paul Weyrich and Jerry Falwell Sr. And Randall Balmer too.
Your own link shows how you are viewing it through your own paradigm. It wasn't about race. It was about the government deciding what was and what wasn't an "acceptable" religious belief. That's a very slippery slope.

As for 1954, the fundamentalists were pretty much Democrats for long after that. It was Roe v. Wade and prayer in public schools that motivated these people.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, no different than your vote being on the 'wrong' side in one of the 48 states where winner talkes all the Electoral votes. Reason enough to eliminate the EC.
You’ll get no argument from me.

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
My point is that the GOP can push whatever agenda they want including things as ridiculous as recognition for imaginary creatures if that’s what they feel is important. It’s called an analogy and I, incorrectly it appears, assumed you’d recognize it as such. Sorry to confuse.

But, when people who don’t believe in their choices leave, never join and don't vote for their candidates even if registered as Republicans, then they may have to reevaluate those choices. Digging in your heels and doubling down on what’s not working is not a good strategy.
You are engaging in a strawman argument. What imaginary thing does the GOP recognize? If you are anti-religious and an atheist, why not admit it? Because maybe you know you are not representative of most people deciding to support the GOP?

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Truck drivers and carpenters don't have a portion of their demographic explicitly exposed to Leftist politics , nor do they benefit from the from employment with their skill. Social workers will find more employment with the de fund the police movement. Free college will benefit future professors and probably grant money.

So my guess is never.
There is a better chance of me standing up now in my office at work and taking a **** on the floor in front of everyone than there is congress ever passing or any schools agreeing on free tuition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies