Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 11:35 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The Trump campaign filed lawsuits challenging Pennsylvania’s election results and 3-day extension of its mail-in ballot deadline.

The Trump campaign has not filed lawsuits challenging North Carolina’s election results or 9-day extension of its mail-in ballot deadline.

That in itself shows how bogus Trumps litigation is he is only suing states where he is behind and not ahead.

He's fine with things he labels cheating like valid extensions when the 'cheating' favors him, he is after all a master cheater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 11:36 AM

663 posts, read 433,949 times
a lawsuit can only be filed if a person could claim damage. Since the Trump election results were not harmed by what happened in North Carolina he could not file suit. The suit could only be filed by or for the Biden campaign .

16,413 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Biden can object if he wants to.

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
So should Biden contest because of the 9 day ballot extension?
A) The extension likely helped Biden, it wouldn't move him closer. Why did Gore only want a 2000 recount in his deep blue counties?

B) Biden has the victory. Why would he encourage Trump to dig around and do more lawsuits? There is about no chance of getting the outcome flipped, but Biden meddling would slightly increase those odds.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:38 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Perhaps, Biden should file a similar suit in NC.
I don't think so. I think he's doing fine just standing back, letting this play out. Acting respectable.

As Rush Limbaugh often said, if your enemies are destroying themselves, best to get out of the way and let the public watch.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:38 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevv View Post
a lawsuit can only be filed if a person could claim damage. Since the Trump election results were not harmed by what happened in North Carolina he could not file suit. The suit could only be filed by or for the Biden campaign .
Fundamentally, this is the legal answer. I only made my other point to call out leftist double standards/hypocrisy on the issue

Old 11-11-2020, 11:39 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Biden can object if he wants to.
No one else wants to look like Trump is looking now.

If you object to mail in ballots being counted after election day, that's an understandable stance to take, but it would have to be across the board.

Anyone who thinks objecting to it where you lost but not where you won is a good optic . . . well . . .

Old 11-11-2020, 03:26 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one else wants to look like Trump is looking now.

If you object to mail in ballots being counted after election day, that's an understandable stance to take, but it would have to be across the board.

Anyone who thinks objecting to it where you lost but not where you won is a good optic . . . well . . .
This whole thread is a fail.

Trump went to the Supreme Court over the NC extensions before the election.

There are no good or bad optics here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies