Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 01:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMn5YcGU0x4

"In this video, Thomas Sowell debunks Kamala Harris' video about using government power to achieve equality among groups."

I can't believe the Dems are still pushing this nonsense. It all ends with "we are all equal but some are more equal than others" crap.

Love Thomas Sowell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 01:33 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Equality of opportunities? Yes.

Equality of outcomes? No.

Our decisions in life matter. Choose wisely.

Old 11-11-2020, 01:45 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,160 times
There is not even any conviction in Kamala's voice when she is speaking. She doesn't believe it either.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:28 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
There is not even any conviction in Kamala's voice when she is speaking. She doesn't believe it either.
She will push it though. all it does is cause resentment between people.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:36 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,402,543 times
Thomas Sowell's book, Basic Economics - A Common Sense Guide to the Economy, should be required reading for all high school and college students in the United States. He makes it so much easier to understand economic issues. I really appreciate how he takes a "suppose this is implemented..." and follows through with how a decision plays out in the real world. Something our country's political and business leaders should spend more time considering.

Highly recommend reading any/all of Thomas Sowell's books. He is incredibly smart *and* wise.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:58 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Thomas Sowell's book, Basic Economics - A Common Sense Guide to the Economy, should be required reading for all high school and college students in the United States. He makes it so much easier to understand economic issues. I really appreciate how he takes a "suppose this is implemented..." and follows through with how a decision plays out in the real world. Something our country's political and business leaders should spend more time considering.

Highly recommend reading any/all of Thomas Sowell's books. He is incredibly smart *and* wise.
He was my favorite editorial writer before his retirement.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:02 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

"In this video, Thomas Sowell debunks Kamala Harris' video about using government power to achieve equality among groups."

I can't believe the Dems are still pushing this nonsense. It all ends with "we are all equal but some are more equal than others" crap.

Love Thomas Sowell.
Eek! Quality!

Beware the eeks!

They are trained to be EVERYWHERE!

Eeks have beaks.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:03 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Love Thomas Sowell.

I really really wish the right-wing learns what communism is.

For example, communists hate national healthcare, social safety net, and in general has a lot in common with Republican ideology.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:19 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

For example, communists hate national healthcare, social safety net, and in general has a lot in common with Republican ideology.

Planned-demic!

I'm against national anti-health (Fauci). He's a cooperative communist.

And, Bill Gates has always been planting bugs in his operating system, and wishes to enforce it on humanity.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:26 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

You seem to be good at telling us what is not... but explain the communist viewpoint on healthcare and the social safety net.

Don't give me a link... YOU please explain it as briefly as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies