Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2020, 08:14 AM

4,491 posts, read 3,700,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Damn straight we won’t get it

Cannot make me
And this is what's wrong with Americans. Don't use science, don't use common sense - just get mad because someone told you to do something. Excellent work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 08:15 AM

340 posts, read 123,546 times
We also need strict contact tracing to help catch the spread of the virus. A lot of us are afraid of going out due to the virus raging. People can wait 6 weeks in return of a good economy as consumers would feel more safe going out again.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:16 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,679,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
And this is what's wrong with Americans. Don't use science, don't use common sense - just get mad because someone told you to do something. Excellent work!
This is an RNA vaccine and one that has been fast tracked. This is not normal in terms of scientific process and common sense may tell people to not get this.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:16 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,180,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
We also need strict contact tracing to help catch the spread of the virus. A lot of us are afraid of going out due to the virus raging. People can wait 6 weeks in return of a good economy as consumers would feel more safe going out again.
Don't you people get it?

If they are telling you 6 weeks, it's more like, it's 6 months or whenever we decide to let you have your life back.

15 days to flatten the curve turned into a heck of a lot more than that.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
In addition to many places struggling to do shutdowns, finding people to work has been tough. Every business owner i know has the same complaint, they can't find people to work.

Here is a local restaurant owner that is spot on, I think.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/ant...job-applicants
I am not tracking this guy.

“ Our government continues to make it easy to stay home and collect unemployment, rather than go to work”.

When was this recorded? The federal government $600/ week topper expired.

The maximum duration of unemployment benefits in Ohio is 26 weeks in a rolling calendar year. Many have exhausted their benefits.

The minimum wage for tipped employees in Ohio is $4.35/ hr. I suspect if this restaurant corp offered a higher wage, it might have more takers.

Generally speaking, those who receive cash tips don’t report all cash income. State unemployment benefits are based on reported income.

Due to surging Covid cases and hospitalizations, the Ohio Governor seems to be getting serious about requiring restaurants and bars to enforce the state mask mandate and threatens to shut down offenders.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...ns/6246684002/

Old 11-12-2020, 08:18 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,193,267 times
Notice how the advisor says "could" control pandemic - not that it will.

I have a relative who lives in downtown Madrid, Spain and they were locked down for 6 weeks. You could only go out to buy food at certain times - or to the doctor if you were very sick. They went absolutely crazy indoors and became depressed and put on weight. After Spain lifted the lockdowns people went out with masks and strong restrictions were still in place. Guess what? - they have has many new cases than before now and are getting locked down again. These relatives are thinking of moving to the US to get away from the authoritarian rule of their govt.

We warned people that Biden was going to lock us down and were dismissed out of hand. This is all part of The Great Reset to destroy the economy and the authoritarian control of your lives. Trump is the only person standing up to this and the fools voted him out.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:22 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,831,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Still have not known one person to die of it.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:25 AM

29,200 posts, read 14,474,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am not tracking this guy.

“ Our government continues to make it easy to stay home and collect unemployment, rather than go to work”.

When was this recorded? The federal government $600/ week topper expired.

The maximum duration of unemployment benefits in Ohio is 26 weeks in a rolling calendar year. Many have exhausted their benefits.

The minimum wage for tipped employees in Ohio is $4.35/ hr. I suspect if this restaurant corp offered a higher wage, it might have more takers.

Generally speaking, those who receive cash tips don’t report all cash income. State unemployment benefits are based on reported income.

Due to surging Covid cases and hospitalizations, the Ohio Governor seems to be getting serious about requiring restaurants and bars to enforce the state mask mandate and threatens to shut down offenders.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...ns/6246684002/

I think the commercial came out a little while ago, not sure when exactly. It popped up on the news this morning. He parrots exactly what many of my business owner friends have been saying.

Not sure why you are bringing up Ohio...This is in Michigan.

4,491 posts, read 3,700,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is an RNA vaccine and one that has been fast tracked. This is not normal in terms of scientific process and common sense may tell people to not get this.

True. But you could also read a news article on it in 5 minutes and understand that rather than wasting your time arguing on Politics C-D.

26,660 posts, read 13,679,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Still have not known one person to die of it.
Me neither. I know about 7 people who had it. Two were high risk. They both needed supplemental oxygen at one point but were able to do this at home. None were hospitalized. All are now fully recovered. Most of them had mild cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies