Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2020, 09:07 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
You are sorely mistaken. You have been conditioned to believe DC is going to step in and bail you out when in fact their plan is to bring you to your knees and force their solutions on you. Many may get a token amount - and many will not.

Once the lockup is over there will not be jobs to go back to for many. The shortsightedness of some Biden voters is going to come back and bite them in the as#.
It's unfortunately going to effect all of us. It is amazing how many people are okay with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 09:09 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As I've said before Americans are too individualistic and too selfish to be collectivist even in a time of need.
Yeah, I know, right? Too much freedumb, right?

GTHOH!!!!

Old 11-12-2020, 09:19 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As I've said before Americans are too individualistic and too selfish to be collectivist even in a time of need.
How dare Americans be individuals!!!! We should be co-joined and chant in unison.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:25 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
I'm fairly certain that that could control the situation, but I'm fairly certain it won't happen.

It doesn't matter anyway. Trump is still in charge until Jan 20, 2021. We will lose a lot of people in this time to his complete inaction. He's not even concerned about anything other than crying fraud, brainwashing his minions, and having a tantrum.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:31 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I'm fairly certain that that could control the situation, but I'm fairly certain it won't happen.

It doesn't matter anyway. Trump is still in charge until Jan 20, 2021. We will lose a lot of people in this time to his complete inaction. He's not even concerned about anything other than crying fraud, brainwashing his minions, and having a tantrum.
It really has to be a mental block or something. How is Trump or anyone else of your choosing, going to stop a virus that after almost a year, we still don't know everything about, and one that has no cure ? Please do tell...what does STL74 think should be done ?

Old 11-12-2020, 09:38 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
When Russia Today said it before US media, you guys said this was just Russians trolling us. Well, there you go.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:45 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
I will not comply with a 4-6 week lockown. I'm <60, healthy, with no health conditions that could cause complications.

I always wear masks inside public places, and even outside along sidewalks where others are walking.

I do my best to maintain 6'+ spacing, although at times people do approach from behind w/o my noticing at the grocery stores, and it takes me a few seconds to move away....grrr

I could see it for 70+'er that have other conditions that make them more vulnerable, to take some pressure off our health care system, but not for younger healthy people.

Our economy needs to stay healthy too, and mental health issues arise with these prolonged shutdowns. More drug and alcohol abuse, spousal abuse, child abuse...there are harmful downside impacts of shutdowns.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:47 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Osterholm is a certified nut job and Biden is NOT the president elect.

Do people understand what facts are anymore?

Anyone -- ANYONE -- calling Biden the "president-elect" is LYING and DECEITFUL. It's not true.

Because the election has yet to be decided.
Y'all were calling Trump the president-elect 4 years ago on the night of the election. Spare us the outrage.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:01 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well when the US becomes an island with no borders with any other nation and only a handful of multinational corporations.

Western Europe is just as bad and much of Latin America is worse. You need to look at real numbers and not get your thoughts from MSM.

And we would be much better if the Democratic governors of New York and New Jersey hadn't murdered so many nursing home residents early in the pandemic. Both states have death rates far higher than Peru and Belgium, the 2 worst nations in the world.
Real numbers: U.S.-230,000 dead.
Australia- 907 dead.
What numbers are the "real numbers" you`re seeing? Please share.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
If the people let this happen, it won't be 6 weeks.

You will also experience the liberals come under the spell of Stockholm Syndrome.
Liberals will be the only ones left alive. Good call! I like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies