Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2020, 05:45 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
If we had a nation wide shelter in place after Xmas or in Feb covid would have been over. But president Joker decided to take his circus on the road and infect the whole country.
So you agree the President should have directed all Governors to lock down their States? Tell us how you think that would have worked...Asking them to simply enforce laws is a step too far for some of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 05:46 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

But at least Biden won't host superspreader events like Donnie.
His supporters do, and Joe doesn't seem to mind.

Old 11-12-2020, 05:49 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Italy and Spain actually did this (they don't have those politically correct limits that the U.S. where certain groups are practically untouchable by the police which would make any attempt for a full lockdown here impossible). It worked for a few months but now Covid has come back and struck much harder than what the U.S. is seeing right now. Italy and Spain both have WAY more daily cases per capita and deaths per capita than the U.S. if you look at the past 6 weeks. The U.K and France didn't lockdown quite hard as Spain and Italy but did lockdown more than any state in the U.S. and they are also on the same track. The only way a full lockdown works is if you go full out communist style like China where you literally lock people in their home for three months and kill anyone who tries to get out. Other than that, it's impossible to stop a virus once the cat's out of the bag unless you vaccinate most people or reach herd immunity.

Old 11-12-2020, 05:53 PM

8,234 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
We also need strict contact tracing to help catch the spread of the virus. A lot of us are afraid of going out due to the virus raging. People can wait 6 weeks in return of a good economy as consumers would feel more safe going out again.
And in six weeks people will still say, "It's too soon" just like they did each time the new timeline was approached for reopening before. They still have not reopened things fully around here and are shutting what little was opened up back down again. Two weeks turned into a month and then another month and here it is November and it's still "too soon" and so it's still shut down.

Old 11-12-2020, 05:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
The only lockdown that would count is if we do one before widespread vaccine rollout in 3 months. With the numbers where they are at, it could be a good idea to explore some restrictions.

Old 11-12-2020, 05:55 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Listen to the science rather than calling experts in infectious diseases idiots.

He can't force states to do anything, that's up to the governors but it's nice to hear an even voice at the top backing the science.

So what is science saying this week? Is it different from a couple of weeks before?

Science can't even make up their minds on what is or what is not.

Old 11-12-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Still have not known one person to die of it.
I've known of three people who died because of COVID restrictions.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
So what is science saying this week? Is it different from a couple of weeks before?

Science can't even make up their minds on what is or what is not.
As you should know, Science is a learning and testing endeavor...

Old 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think the commercial came out a little while ago, not sure when exactly. It popped up on the news this morning. He parrots exactly what many of my business owner friends have been saying.

Not sure why you are bringing up Ohio...This is in Michigan.
Maybe some people don't want to have to wear a hot, sweaty, itchy mask for 8+ hours/day.

Some people might be scared of catching the virus. The media likes to make it seem like catching the virus is a death sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Seems you put a lot of faith in science, science that changes its mind about things all the time. Science that is influence by big corp, big government, and special interests. Science that is run by infallible humans with their own biases and mistakes.

How well does the flu vaccine work out for you? Me personally, I still get a very bad case of flu even if I get the vaccine. Will covid be the same way? I suspect to some extent yes. Slow heard immunity is the only way to go. Even then, covid might just be a part of our lives going forward.
Humans are extremely fallible.

The only time I got the flu shot I became very ill afterwards. Of course it was because of my auto immune disease. If I am exposed to anything my immune system would attack my body. I ended up with secondary bacterial infections as a result and was on antibiotics for a while waiting for my immune system to calm down. My immune system is now suppressed because it was basically killing me. I have to stay on chemo in order to stay alive. It costs half a million a year to keep me alive. I will not ever get another flu shot. They made me get hepatitis vaccine as they were shutting my immune system down because it was going around real bad at the time, but no more vaccines for me. A vaccine wouldn't work anyway if your immune system doesn't even function anymore.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
You are sorely mistaken. You have been conditioned to believe DC is going to step in and bail you out when in fact their plan is to bring you to your knees and force their solutions on you. Many may get a token amount - and many will not.

Once the lockup is over there will not be jobs to go back to for many. The shortsightedness of some Biden voters is going to come back and bite them in the as#.
There was already not enough jobs for everyone before things were shut down. Things will be much worse now. And of course those with large employment gaps are often discriminated against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies