Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 04:47 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times

Advertisements

"President elect" lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 04:55 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
As a person who voted for Biden, I am beginning to get angry, that my vote is being called 'fraudulent' and my vote is not appearing to matter!!! We have given Trump 8 days now (since the election), its time to wrap this up or else there is going to be problems! Everyone else that voted for Biden should be feeling the same way now, How long are we going to tolerate this?!
"We" gave Algore 37 days of machinations, you can wait a few more days or even weeks if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Enough with the typical Washington political congeniality.
Congeniality? Have you been not paying attention the last 4 1/2 years? Congeniality isn't what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obama had Trump in the White House two days after Trump’s victory. It’s time for this buffoon to show some class.
There was no dispute in 2016.

And calling the President of the United States a "buffoon" and then talking about "class" is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Trump is best ignored for the insignificance he is. Thank heaven Biden and his team are the most experienced ever to assume the WH.....they've all been there before, they've seen everything.
Once when John McKay was the football coach at USC during the time they were dominating the Pac 8 conference; he was asked if he was worried about Oregon State's experience because they were returning 15 starters from the previous year. McKay quipped, "If you have everyone back from a team that lost 10 games, experience isn't too important."

That is the Biden "team". Few people have been wrong more often on foreign policy than Joe Biden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
So far the Biden transition team is getting nothing, so yeah, it is the broader point. Hopefully that changes soon.
Per the 911 commission, the 37 day delay between Bush and Clinton contributed to the slow response from the Bush administration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
My original link did point out that Bush’s security team was not up to speed, I’m guessing you didn’t read it. This one refers specifically to the 36 day lapse.

[T]he 36-day delay cut in half the normal transition period. Given that a presidential election in the United States brings wholesale change in personnel, this loss of time hampered the new administration in identifying, recruiting, clearing, and obtaining Senate confirmation of key appointees.
This was the most important point in the entire 9-11 Commission report.

"Looking back, we are struck with the narrow and unimaginative menu of options for action offered to both President Clinton and President Bush.

Before 9/11, the United States tried to solve the al Qaeda problem with the same government institutions and capabilities it had used in the last stages of the Cold War and its immediate aftermath. These capabilities were insufficient, but little was done to expand or reform them."

Hindsight brings great clarity. Traditionally the U.S. prepares for war based on the last one and not enough on the future one. Hopefully we are figuring out now how we will beat China in space and cyberspace, since that will be the next conflict; not aircraft carriers and Marines on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
They went from solidly red to blue. I would say Trump got trounced. It is what it is.
Not really. In AZ Trump only got 48% in 2016 and barely got 50% in GA. If KY had flipped, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Lol, so worked up over semantics.

What do you think about Joe doing precisely what he said he wouldn't do in debate 1?
https://twitter.com/prayingmedic/sta...68535762497536
Stop using facts, logic and what Joe Biden said a month ago. It's just not fair.

Old 11-12-2020, 07:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What? There isn't any president elect, the election is not even done

You guys are some sort of ant-democracy lunatics
It’s over. Done. Finito. Fertig.

Old 11-12-2020, 07:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/11/polit...2T03%3A17%3A08

Oklahoma senator will step in and intervene on behalf of President-Elect Biden and VP-Elect Harris if White House continues to stall on providing our duly elected leaders with Presidential Daily Briefings. Nice.
Doesn't work that way.

See for reference: election 2000, Gore v Bush.

Old 11-12-2020, 07:57 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
As a person who voted for Biden, I am beginning to get angry, that my vote is being called 'fraudulent' and my vote is not appearing to matter!!!

We have given Trump 8 days now (since the election), its time to wrap this up or else there is going to be problems!

Everyone else that voted for Biden should be feeling the same way now, How long are we going to tolerate this?!
Clinton made W. wait until the day of the electoral college.

Its not like Dems aren't flooded with money from Silicon Valley and Wall St.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:21 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Quite frankly your whole premise is ludicrous partisan fear mongering.
And your whole premise is to yell “Fake News” at the parade of Military and security professionals (from both party’s) we’ve seen all week explaining why a slow transition creates risk.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:22 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Trump is best ignored for the insignificance he is. Thank heaven Biden and his team are the most experienced ever to assume the WH.....they've all been there before, they've seen everything. They are wisely ignoring the Trump Tantrum and going about setting up a govt. They KNOW exactly what they need to do and how to do it. They can work around these financial and logistical roadblocks. As Biden said yesterday, national security briefings aren't necessary at this time. He also wisely said there is only one administration at a time. So, patience......there is an adult in charge, finally - many of them for that matter. All will be well, eventually.
Bingo! It's nice that one Republican senator grew some, but Biden also has security clearance. I'm sure Trump is trying to hide some things that he doesn't want to come out. Biden is more focused on Covid right now. He's been getting briefs on it for months. That seems to be his priority right now, and we the people voted for a do something about it president vs a liar and gas lighter.

Trump can whine and cry poor me all the way out the door. It is after all everyone else but Trump right. I can't wait until January. Biden will have "all the best" key people in place from day one, and he's already working for all of us.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:29 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,863,256 times
Quote:
As a person who voted for Biden, I am beginning to get angry, that my vote is being called 'fraudulent' and my vote is not appearing to matter!!!

We have given Trump 8 days now (since the election), its time to wrap this up or else there is going to be problems!

Everyone else that voted for Biden should be feeling the same way now, How long are we going to tolerate this?!
Guess you people should have voted in person. The delay was caused by the moronic democrat hysteria that voting in person was a covid death sentence.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:32 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
"President elect" lol
If states haven`t certified their elections by inauguration day Nancy Pelosi becomes president. It would be president Nancy or president Joe. We know who won`t be president. lol is right.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:02 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Biden is more focused on Covid right now. He's been getting briefs on it for months. That seems to be his priority right now, and we the people voted for a do something about it president vs a liar and gas lighter.
Thanks for the laugh. Your "do something" leader's solution is to do nothing for 4-6 weeks. Hide in our basements like he's been doing. That is hardly a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies