Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 12:02 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So in order to go enjoy a Ticketmaster concert or sporting event (most big ones) you need to get your body stuck with something and it is going to cost you. If you attend a lot of events it is pressure to get the vaccine or keep getting swabs shoved up your nose repeatedly and paying for it. When other businesses do the same, eventually everyone will feel they must get the vaccine because of the problems associated with getting tested all the time. So the government may not mandate the vaccine, but you vill comply.
There will definitely be some way to get phony documentation you got the vaccine and I will definitely do that as soon as I can if these idiots continue with these policies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 12:03 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,105,905 times
Where the heck are they having concerts?

Old 11-12-2020, 12:03 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Where the heck are they having concerts?
At the moment, this seems like a hypothetical issue.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
At the moment, this seems like a hypothetical issue.
They’ll ultimately end up with nobody going considering only 30-40% of people will get the vaccine and probably by the back half of 2021 into 2022 it’ll become progressively harder to find testing locations. I think they’ll try it for 2021 and once they realize its impacting attendance it’ll be quietly dropped

Old 11-12-2020, 12:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Oh, I was talking about grocery stores.

I have no desire to attend big concerts but enjoy smaller shows so hopefully at some point can see live music again without having to show health records.

Food is a necessity, live concerts are not so while I think it’s cringe worthy what Ticketmaster is doing, it’s not something I will fight them on, I just won’t every support them with my dollars.

If it came down to grocery stores trying to ban customers who don’t show proof of vaccination status I would stand up in a big way. Food is something we can’t live without.
Which continues to be odd since grocery stores are not the topic of this thread.

As for the actual thread topic, I have no issue with it.
As others have noted, if it makes it possible for that part of the economy to reopen, it’s a good thing.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:09 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So what's the next requirement? HIV test? Hepatitis test? HPV vaccine? Annual flu shot? At what point will they actually demand your entire medical history? Then your social history? Background check just to attend a concert or ballgame?
Employers are already too involved in employees personal business. They make people dance and do bizarre stuff calling it team building. They watch your social media and political leanings, etc., keep track of your credit and whatever personal stuff they can find. Flu shot? My former employer now requires it.

Now some random businesses will demand proof that you were stuck with swabs or needles to do business with them.

Don't think you know everything they know by checking your credit reports. There are the "other" reports available between businesses that fly under the radar of the public. I got a hold of one of mine and it was fifty four (54) pages long. As long as we let this kind of thing go unchecked in the name of free enterprise or whatever, then it will get worse and one day it will bite the people who slept through it or denied it.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:18 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
What happens when they require it to get into the grocery store?

I imagine people will come on here and gripe about it.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:19 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There is nothing in the release that says any exemptions will be allowed.

Oh and also? You need to provide us access to your MEDICAL information.

Do you not understand what loss of freedom looks like?

You could be 100% on board with testing and vaccines and UNDERSTAND that this?

Is a horrifying precedent to set. Do you see that? No? LOOK AGAIN.

Papers, please.
Anyone that studied World History in high school knows exactly what you mean! They simply don't care, they are willing to give up rights and freedoms to be kept "safe". If they were better educated and not parrots of MSM, they would already know what the issue is, and that this won't keep them safe. "Can't fix stupid."

I expect clusters of infection with COVID 19 will come from this venue, so people would be better off just avoiding it if they fear the "virus".

Old 11-12-2020, 12:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Kinda like the pesky business of needing vaccines to attend public schools, or having to get a license in order to drive, hunt, fish, practice certain professions? When was the last time you protested those? Did you kowtow and get any of the above in order to live an ordinary life? Do you feel your freedom has been threatened by the fact that you utilize practitioners who have had to get a license?
Good lord you act like they want to access your entire medical history.
Excellent points.

Cruise lines (will) require a negative test to board.
Airlines/airports are doing snap tests prior to travel.
Want to travel internationally? Better be up-to-date on all required vaccines.
Oh, and might want a passport too.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Excellent points.

Cruise lines (will) require a negative test to board.
Airlines/airports are doing snap tests prior to travel.
Want to travel internationally? Better be up-to-date on all required vaccines.
Oh, and might want a passport too.
I don’t think you’ll see cruise and airlines do it for long. They’d rather risk occasional cases where someone gets or claims they got it on board than destroy their business. Because cruises last days vs hours they’ll have it a bit harder than the airlines but they’ll figure it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies