Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 11:24 AM

3,697 posts, read 4,998,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I'm sure some of your points are valid, but the numbers still dont jive.

Studies show that around 20-25% of the population procrastinates habitually. And my guess is that around 50% of the population has no backup plan for their intended actions whether they procrastinate or not.

People can just look to their friends/family/coworkers to estimate how many people procrastinate. Do your own math from there.

As to the bolded, I never said the clerks were in on any fraud. They wouldnt need to be. These people are as you said clerks. They arent rocket scientists or brain surgeons on leave from their regular jobs. They count what they are told to count. If they are handed a tray of mail and told it was received on Nov 3 and the ballots are postmarked Nov 3 they are going to mix them in and count them. Why wouldnt they?

Majority of the clerks probably arent even aware of the issue of segregating these particular ballots. Heck even people in this forum where that is specifically being discussed dont understand it.
Wrong. The counting of votes is not done by Government employees, but buy people that have volunteered(and get paid for the election). The ballots that must be segregated are mail in ballots that have arrived after 8p.m. election day but have a Nov 3 post date. The PA court extended the window for ballots theses ballots to be counted by 3 days and they are the only ones in dispute.

The only mail in ballots that must be counted are military ones that have arrived before 5 p.m. Nov. 10. Military ballots are a different type than the mail in ballots given to people not in the military.

Mail in ballots that have arrived with a post date later than Nov. 3 are not counted.
Mail in ballots that arrive past Nov. 6 will not be counted no matter the post date.
Military ballots that have not carried by the 10th, 5 p.m. will not be counted(and note the miltary ballots have a checkbox that makes the voter affirm that it was filled out and mailed by the 2nd.....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 05:56 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You only think it exists in reality without that evidence because you've been tricked by the words of a con man.
How could I be tricked by a con man when I formed my opinion before I even knew what Trump was claiming?

The very first time I heard the number of these ballots I looked at my husband and said "Say what? that cant be possible with 6.8 million votes"

We were laughing our faces off especially with the Philly rep for fraud that precedes them.

All, I knew at that point was Trumps case was they should be set aside because they were unconstitutional.....not because there was fraud involved.

You should really knock it off with the psychoanalyzing people long distance. It's rude, offensive and well you just aren't very good at it.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Wrong. The counting of votes is not done by Government employees, but buy people that have volunteered(and get paid for the election). The ballots that must be segregated are mail in ballots that have arrived after 8p.m. election day but have a Nov 3 post date. The PA court extended the window for ballots theses ballots to be counted by 3 days and they are the only ones in dispute.

The only mail in ballots that must be counted are military ones that have arrived before 5 p.m. Nov. 10. Military ballots are a different type than the mail in ballots given to people not in the military.

Mail in ballots that have arrived with a post date later than Nov. 3 are not counted.
Mail in ballots that arrive past Nov. 6 will not be counted no matter the post date.
Military ballots that have not carried by the 10th, 5 p.m. will not be counted(and note the miltary ballots have a checkbox that makes the voter affirm that it was filled out and mailed by the 2nd.....)
Not sure why you think I think the people counting the votes are govt. employees. If it's because I used the term clerks, I was just parroting the poster I was responding to. There was no point in quibbling over words when they are in fact people doing a clerical function. It is irrelevant to the issue I was discussing whether or not they are govt employees or volunteers. If something else made you think I think they are government employees you will have to clarify.

As for the rest, I'm not going through point by point. Multiple people have explained all this stuff to me and I have repeatedly said I know all that. So again, not sure what your point is.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The postal service has been effected differently in different areas, my area is ticking right along but I live in a rural area. But packages from CA are taking weeks longer than usual.

If there is some conspiracy there would be word of it, not rumors, but people taking the stand and that has not been seen. There is no way that people in multiple counties, possibly multiple states, all worked together to fix the election and no one talked. Sorry, but it isn't happening in reality someone would have talked and that someone would have already been put on the stand, not twitter or you tube.

I can't change your opinion but I tend to believe facts, not beliefs or assumptions. The fact is that the state SOS had filed an affidavit with the supreme court she is standing by the process.
Yep, the post office is different in different areas. However, the on time delivery rates are skewed and the associated media hype about delays is bogus. Time frames comparing delivery including Sat/Sun vs timeframes including only work days. Ballots given priority so other mail is way later skewing the total.

But, I think we are at the end of our discussion when you start saying I am claiming some kind of conspiracy. How did you reach that factual belief when I said this fraud could be pulled off in one city by a couple of people?

Old 11-14-2020, 02:04 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Harvard Professor Alan Dershowitz is predicting that President Trump will win in his Pennsvlania Ballot case before the Supreme Court relating to ballots received until after election day.

Quote:
Alan Dershowitz Predicts Trump SCOTUS Win in Pennsylvania Ballot Case

Liberal law professor Alan Dershowitz predicts the Trump campaign will prevail in its challenge over late-arriving ballots being counted in Pennsylvania so long as the number of ballots is enough to change the outcome of the Pennsylvania election and the matter goes before the U.S. Supreme Court.

"I do think that Trump will win the Pennsylvania lawsuit," Dershowitz told host Joel Pollak on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Tonight, "namely, the lawsuit that challenges ballots that were filed before the end of Election Day but not received until after Election Day."

Old 11-19-2020, 02:00 PM

The Trump campaign filed a lawsuit Wednesday in Pennsylvania that 1.5 million votes across the state should not have been counted and that the campaign's constitutional rights have been violated. As a result, he is asking the court to declare him the winner and that the Republican controlled legislature should given the authority to assign the state's electoral votes.

Quote:
Trump campaign asks Pennsylvania court to declare Trump winner

President Trump's campaign filed a lawsuit on Wednesday over election results in Pennsylvania, arguing that he should be named the winner in the battleground state and that the GOP-controlled state legislature should be given the authority to assign its electoral votes, according to reports. The suit also argues that the campaign’s constitutional rights were violated because observers were not given adequate access as election officials processed mail-in ballots.

It also argues that 1.5 million votes across the state “should not have been counted” and that they led to “returns indicating Biden won Pennsylvania.” Attorneys for the Trump campaign also criticized a decision by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court earlier this week. The court ruled on Tuesday that election observers had adequate opportunity to watch to the vote-counting process, even if they could not see the individual ballots.

“In contrast to the 2002 International Electoral Standards ... the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has struck out in a unique direction among democracies and declared that meaningful observers are not part of verification and votes may be counted without any review by political campaigns and parties,” Trump's lawyers wrote in Wednesday's filing.
It is on. Nobody should be surprised to see this case go all the way to the Supreme Court.

Old 11-19-2020, 02:09 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
The number of ballots received after election day is estimated to be a few thousand. The margin in PA is now some 80,000 votes. The late mail in ballots will ultimately have no bearing on the outcome.

Old 11-19-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The number of ballots received after election day is estimated to be a few thousand. The margin in PA is now some 80,000 votes. The late mail in ballots will ultimately have no bearing on the outcome.
Those are not the only ballots in question. Also, it appears that the corrupt vote counting operations in Pennsylvania ignored the requirement to set aside the ballots received after election day, but rather backdated them, counted them anyway and did not set them aside, in violation of an order by the US Supreme Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies