Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 01:58 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Just pointing out issues between the black community and a career.

Trump is dividing people by pitting his base against everyone else that doesn't agree with them to the point of borderline inciting civil war.

Big difference from "We need to reform this system meant to serve and protect because there are issues within it", and "Those other Americans are your enemy and they're coming to get you and kill everything you know and love because they didn't vote for me".
I'm no Trump supporter and not interested in defending him, but I think your representation of their words is inaccurate and particularly hyperbolic with regard to Trump.

But let's say that your version of Trump is correct, I would say Kamala has raised the stakes with her speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 02:01 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Obama > Trump

No spin machine could ever erase the Trump dismal failure. Disgraced ex-president Trump is even admitting that now!

Wants another TV show apparently.
He will be a price maker for TV shows, book deals etc.

I think you are forgetting that if not for Covid, Trump would have almost certainly won. A sober assessment of his performance, putting aside his manner will be interesting.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:19 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
He will be a price maker for TV shows, book deals etc..
Trump will definitely get a book deal, but as far as TV he is probably done. We’ve gotten to see the train wreck for free, who would pay for it now?

Old 11-17-2020, 02:24 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I think you are forgetting that if not for Covid, Trump would have almost certainly won.
Yes, what you are saying is if he had not been such a ****ty president he might have won re-election. Totally agree with that. But his failure at COVID helped doom him. He just wasn’t capable of handling any serous crisis. That much was abundantly clear.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:48 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Default President Emeritus Seats in the Senate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Trump has 12 books credited to him, mostly about how to make money, something he's never actually been able to do without inheriting it. Oh, I should add that he didn't actually write any of them. They were all ghostwritten because Trump can barely read, let alone write.

Obama has written 4 books about how to move America forward, something he actually did for eight years. Oh, I should add that he actually wrote those books, because Obama is a brilliant writer by any measure.

I didn't come up with this idea, but I haven't heard it repeated for a long time. It's a proposition to grant every former president (except those who were successfully impeached or resigned due to criminal behavior) with a lifetime, at-large seat in the Senate. It would be the equivalent of a president-emeritus position. Good and wise presidents should not have to fritter away the remainder of their lives, without having a voice in our country's government.

At the present time, there would be 3 democrats and 2 republicans who would qualify. I'd even be willing to let Trump have one of those seats, to gain this position for the others. Actually, I doubt that Trump would show up for senate sessions very often, because there wouldn't be much money to extract from it.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:07 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post

Obama was the Uniter, Trump was the Divider, now what will Biden be?
Creepy....

Old 11-17-2020, 09:21 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Obama's administration had zero criminal indictments. Trump's administration has more criminal indictments than any other president in US history. That speaks volumes to the character of the two men.
Wait..so the ultra corrupt Obummer DOJ decided to look the other way to protect their lord and savior? Wow..who'd have guessed?

Old 11-17-2020, 10:13 PM

23,624 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
i was wondering why obama was burning the campaign trail with biden. he needs to be relevant again to sell his booksie. ok now it makes sense.
He probably just had to get out of the house and away from the wives for awhile.

Old 11-18-2020, 05:00 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Obama's new book is coming out.

Of course it will get a lot of attention.

But I hope people notice that he waited until after the election to release it. He could have released it a month ago, and on the talk-show/interview circuit, he could have used all those opportunities to sway the election, because surely he must despise Trump. But he just confined himself to a few appearances with Biden's campaign, and with his usual courtesy and restraint, waited.

Contrast this to the way Trump thrusts himself into everything, and forces others to influence in ways they shouldn't.

The first review I've read is good, by the way.

A Promised Land

https://obamabook.com
"Obama's new book is coming out." "The first review I've read is good, by the way." And who wrote those reviews?

And how many times we heard and read "Trump is only it for the money"?

I honestly do NOT believe these former politician sell as many books as claimed to INDIVIDUALS. I believe the big money backers buy up these books by the cases as a way to "pay them back" for what they did which benefited the backers.

Example, obama wrote his 1st book when he was a community organizer.

"Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance (1995) is a memoir by Barack Obama, that explores the events of his early years in Honolulu and Chicago up until his entry into law school in 1988. Obama originally published his memoir in 1995, when he was starting his political campaign for the Illinois Senate"

How many working as a community organizer are millionaires? How many people write their memoirs in their early years of life?

obama writes "memoir" book and all of a sudden is a millionaire.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-18-2020 at 05:10 AM..

Old 11-18-2020, 05:15 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama got a nice kickback of 65 million for a book deal because he gave a nice contract for the tune of 350 million for Common Core.
But the left claims trump is in it "for the money"!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...in_return.html
"He just bought a Martha's Vineyard mansion for a cool $11.75 million, which is in addition to his Kalorama lookout post, his Chicago home, and possibly a Hawaii spread. At some point, you've made enough...but not him."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies