Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 05:33 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times

Advertisements

Herd immunity is basically the idea that more people get sick, more people get immune. The catch is that it’s at the cost of many lives. Vaccines help to skip that part.

The issue is logistical, and so while it is being distributed, we still risk spikes. Once a right amount of folks get the vaccine, we can return to normality. Covid will still be there. But with most people vaccinated, it will be so much harder for it to spread and explode into another outbreak.

Think of it as the idea that you don’t cut your parachute once it opens. You wait til you’ve safely touched down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2020, 05:35 PM

1,231 posts, read 448,697 times
I think hope until enough people get it but I don't think he's telling us never to be with our family and friends and lovers again.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:35 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Until when?
From now on. It's the "new normal."

Old 11-15-2020, 05:36 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
No it’s more like the vaccine will be distributed but it meanwhile it is important to still mitigate spread as it will take some time for everyone to receive it.
he means long after the vaccine is administered people will still need to wear masks read it.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
Why would anyone want to wear masks longer than we need to?

How does permanent mask-wearing help anyone?

You are not making sense.
I am making perfect sense what fauci is saying it will be permanent. if not permanent for a very long time after the vaccine. I am interpreting the way it should be this is about control all the dots are pointing to control we have never done this for any virus. fauci is all about taking freedoms away . if there is a vaccine that is 90 percent effective in one month no one would need to wear a mask that does not even work.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:39 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
he means long after the vaccine is administered people will still need to wear masks read it.
Yes, it's pretty clear what he's saying.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:39 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
lets assume Dr Fauci is right if its 90 to 95 percent effective why would we need a mask unless it's for control?

I do not wear a mask and I verbally abuse anyone who tells me to do so.

"in a free society individuals are able to make decisions about their risk but in dictatorships, the citizens have no choice." said Rand Paul.
Masks don't work, so why did they try to mandate them in the first place? And, the social distancing. And, the contact tracing? Seriously, anyone that has studied world history knows where this is going. We are going down, down, down, unless we take back normal. Chances of that vaccine being that effective is slim to none. The flu vaccine ranges from 10 to 60% effective, and they have spent a lot of time on that.

Quote:
Until when?
Until you have a vaccine card that you carry, and they decide to let you stop wearing it. "Mother may I", remember that game, well, maybe not if you aren't decades older like me. I don't play games anymore, and I don't plan to start!

This guy also thinks that we may still be dealing with this in 2024, so they can cheat again. So, when do you think the mask comes off?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/fa...be-politicized

"On when the pandemic will end: Dr. Howard Markel, a physician and medical historian who has studied pandemics, recently predicted that the coronavirus crisis may not be over until 2024."

Remember, we were to shelter-in-place for two weeks, and then and then and then............. 2024?

Old 11-15-2020, 05:41 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
“Because even though for the general population it might be 90 to 95 percent effective, you don’t necessarily know for you how effective it is.”

Doesn't say "long after" or anything pertaining to permanent.

We need to see how effective it is first.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
I think hope until enough people get it but I don't think he's telling us never to be with our family and friends and lovers again.
he should not be telling us any of that anyway. i will not let the government tell me what to do. they never made such draconian orders like this for any virus and this virus has a 99 percent survival rate. i give up I will watch on the tv when they start exterminating people.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:42 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Until when?
He didn't say and I don't know how he could say at this point. Too many variables involved.

Multiple different types of vaccines on the way and they probably have different effective rates.

Know way to know if people will take the vaccine in high enough numbers.

Probably other variables that differ by location, risk level, occupation, etc.

What happens when travel opens back up or anything else for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies