Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 06:27 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Mail-in-Ballots have been used for years with no problems.
Do you mean Absentee Ballots? They are two different things y'know......?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 12:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Inquiring minds want to know.
Because the left wont show up to offer support. They are used to government doing things for them.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
No, they are not.

If i handed you one of each, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:48 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
No, they are not.

Yep, they are different things. How they look isn't the measure of their difference, as I suspect you know.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:23 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Quote:
No, they are not.

If I handed you one of each, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.
Yep, they are different things. How they look isn't the measure of their difference, as I suspect you know.
No.

A mail in ballot is a mail in ballot.

The states determine by what reason a person may use one.

Remember, this is a Federation of States, and the states decide how to conduct an election. The tried and true remote ballot has been used for many reasons since Lincoln ran for re-election. We instituted this device to get our republic through a deadly war with a free election. Never done before, the republic stood the test and conducted an election with a civil war ripping our country apart ... bullets blazing and citizens on the move everywhere.

In ordinary times some people may be traveling on vacation, or on business, some may be hospitalized. States approve the method for them.

Some are in military service far from home, or with the State Department posted in consulates and embassies around the globe ... working for us. States approve the method for them.

There is ultimately no national standard. Some states may not allow a remote ballot for one reason or another. I don't see why not, but it is entirely up to the state.

Several states (I think six, maybe five) have ONLY mail in ballots, no excuse required, that was a bi-partisan decision in every case and all of them made that decision before COVID came to us, because it works for them beautifully.

This matter is entirely up to the states, how they want to run an election on behalf of their own citizens.

Now we are in the midst of a worldwide epidemic, we are literally at war with a deadly disease, and if the states want to offer a remote method of voting for the safety and security of their own citizens as a freely chosen option they are perfectly within their rights to do so, and no amount of lying about it will change the facts.

The same mechanism is employed in all of these cases, for over 150 years ... the mail in ballot.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:47 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
Trump is such a fool. Size of his rallies were nil and so was his election chances.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:57 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
No, they are not.

Yes, they are two different animals. Don't care how they look. Reasons behind them are different, history is different. Sorry you have trouble discerning things this easy......

Old 11-17-2020, 09:25 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The people spoke with Trump four years ago but you and the MEDIA claimed Russian intervention for four years. Now we have legitimate Mail in Voter Fraud and you ignore it. Why? Cause Communism is the answer?
When did I claim Russian interference?

Stop engaging in fake assertions.

Lies about fraud. Lies about the positions of other posters. That's all ya got. Oh. And false claims of communism.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Excellent question! I would guess it is because they are truly brain washed by trump. Trump says black is white, trump followers believe him.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:36 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:

Nobody said that. Why do liberals make up nonsense and present it as fact? Inquiring minds want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies