Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 03:09 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
OP has already admitted to being selfish and reckless by potentially spreading the virus by congregating with others indoors. They clearly aren’t actually worried about the virus, nor do they care about themselves or others getting the virus.

This is nothing more than another fake outrage TDS post typical of the unhinged OP.
You're being absurd. You know perfectly well your question was an observation that no one has completely isolated themselves, including you.

fake outrage TDS = I still just can't bare to lose the protection Trump's fragile ego gives me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 03:10 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Project warp-speed has already delivered 2 vaccines.

Also, thank you Trump for stopping travel from Asia and Europe while the Democrats called you every spiteful, racist name in the book. As Trump did actions to stop the spread Democrats spread the disease in China town and offered events to hug people.
Well Pelosi did want to have that big, cheerful orientation dinner for newcomers.

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
OP;
Yes, it does bother me. I may be one of them.
It's too late for Kinger DJT to change his soul.
New Administration will show some leadership direction?

923 posts, read 526,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
2021 obviously. 250,000 have died in the past 7 months, so 100,000 more in 2 months sounds plausible, especially given the holidays. Hopefully it won't be quite that many.
Yes, obviously but plausible, I disagree. Show me where does it say 250k deaths due to covid. I just checked cdc and it shows 228k.

After months of masks and social distancing then how will the number climb so rapidly in the next 2 months?

Just due to the holidays, of which only 65% of the USA is Christian?

Old 11-16-2020, 03:11 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
There will be over 350k deaths due to Covid by Jan 20. We don't know how many more. We know a difficult transition could impair the response and cause more deaths.

Trump hasn't attended a coronavirus briefing in over 5 months.

He doesn't care one bit about responding to a national disaster as the leader of the country. He has not interest in doing the job he's still irrationally claiming is his. The reason? He's not capable of leadership at all. He's only interested if feeding his narcissistic self indulgent ego.
Not "DUE" to COVID 19, and not even died having tested positive for COVID 19, and deaths from COVID 19 are paid a premium with the CARES act, here they said $50,000 for each one! That is a fact, you can verify it for yourself!

Birx describes how deaths are counted in reference to COVID 19, and that includes "might have died WITH COVID 19"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l_jUZ515Zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Read today that he has not attended a Corona Virus task force meeting in 5 months. He has played golf a helluva lot more than that. Completely checked out.
Was he supposed to, or has he delegated that authority to others like a good "director" does? So, he played golf, so what? Do you really think this constant battering of Trump here is going to change the election outcome. We support Trump, and the Dominion investigation will settle it, not you harping on Trump every single day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
The only thing that causes more deaths is people infecting one another.

We ALL know how to mitigate that. We've known since the start. Mask up, distance, wash your filthy hands after touching filthy things. That's on US. Not some old politician miles away.

What is Trump or Biden really gonna contribute?

Your State has the ability to do whatever they feel necessary. Lockdowns,...partial lockdowns,..partial schools. Partial businesses. And they Have been doing that.

What more do you want??!
In KS, and I suspect other places, they are using overly sensitive tests and including "not likely" infected as "positive" for the virus, so people who have had similar viruses in the past are testing "not likely" only picking up something from the past. The head of KDHE was also caught lying about mask mandates and whether they were working (https://sentinelksmo.org/kdhe-doctor...mask-mandates/) It should come as no surprise that our governor is a Democrat.

https://sentinelksmo.org/kdhe-shows-...hegfWdDI6mf7f0

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Is he required to attend a task force meeting, or has he assigned people to do that?
Great question, and you'll find that it has been ignored by the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I just looked at a website that tracks Trump’s golf outings. https://www.trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

It appears our dear leader has played golf around 30 times since he last attended a Corona Virus Task Force meeting.
"carnivalday" had a question which I have quoted above. I wanted to bring it to your attention as you must of missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
This just proves the mantra is true, he’s damned no matter what he does. He injects himself daily, he’s a dictator, he doesn’t show up, he’s checked out.
They are just nervous over the investigation of Dominion Software and how it might reflect on the election results. I'm guessing they feel like they need to do something to show their support for Biden, and being critical of Trump is all they have. Who will they insult when they find out Biden duped them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Project warp-speed has already delivered 2 vaccines.

Also, thank you Trump for stopping travel from Asia and Europe while the Democrats called you every spiteful, racist name in the book. As Trump did actions to stop the spread Democrats spread the disease in China town and offered events to hug people.
Yep, Pelosi wanted people to go to Chinatown and Biden thought Trump was being racist. That is funny about Biden thinking Trump is racist, when one looks at Biden's history of racism!

Quote:
Have you taken at least a college level statistics class?

If the answer is no, then I'm sorry but I'm not trying to be condescending, but there are ways to know those kind of things.
I have taken a college level class in statistics and probability, and while one can forecast based on similar data, and the variables remain constant, one can "predict". Keep in mind that Fauci predicted that 1 million would die in the US OF COVID 19. Predictions are just projections based on similar data, and if the variables change.............Keep in mind, the weatherman projects the weather in a similar manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Do you seriously believe that he is not being briefed as needed on Covid?

At a minimum, someone is assigned to prepare an Executive Briefing that goes to his Chief of Staff who sorts out what the President needs to hear about.

Have none of you ever held a job that allows you to understand how executives are kept up to date of the millions of issues going on in a large organization?

All Trumps attendance at a Covid Task Force meeting would do is disrupt their work as they would have to stop everything to meet with the boss.
For some reason, some of these people are very unfamiliar with how our government works, especially the Executive Branch. They seem to think that Trump sits alone in an office and has all the power in the country to do as he pleases, never asks any experts............... Sadly, they believe that if elected Biden will be "king" and answer to no one either. Big disappointments ahead!

Old 11-16-2020, 03:12 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
There will be over 350k deaths due to Covid by Jan 20. We don't know how many more. We know a difficult transition could impair the response and cause more deaths.

Trump hasn't attended a coronavirus briefing in over 5 months.

He doesn't care one bit about responding to a national disaster as the leader of the country. He has not interest in doing the job he's still irrationally claiming is his. The reason? He's not capable of leadership at all. He's only interested if feeding his narcissistic self indulgent ego.
See, here is the problem with your side.

Trump thinks like a businesman. Maybe he realizes it's a waste of time for him to attend meeting after meeting after meeting, discussing a virus that nobody is going to stop until when & if a vaccine is ready to go.

Trump doesn't think like a politician who will spend year after year attending meetings and never actually get something accomplished.

Old 11-16-2020, 03:15 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
See, here is the problem with your side.

Trump thinks like a businesman. Maybe he realizes it's a waste of time for him to attend meeting after meeting after meeting, discussing a virus that nobody is going to stop until when & if a vaccine is ready to go.

Trump doesn't think like a politician who will spend year after year attending meetings and never actually get something accomplished.
You do bring up a good point which is central to Trump's inadequacy for the moment, Trump only approaches things transactionally, as in business. None of his decisions are guided by genuine human empathy, either for Americans or anyone else.

Old 11-16-2020, 03:15 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Call me crazy but I don’t rely on politicians including the president to take care of my health.
ive been preaching this since covid landed. a bunch of frantic people staring at the tv waiting to be told what to do! pathetic

im 55 and diabetic and we all decided id stay away from family and not go to stores until we figured it out. my family brought me disinfectant, vitamins, etc. i stayed home without being told. i wore a mask before it was mandated.

NOT ONE TIME did i EVER listen to trump. not once.

Old 11-16-2020, 03:19 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
ive been preaching this since covid landed. a bunch of frantic people staring at the tv waiting to be told what to do! pathetic

im 55 and diabetic and we all decided id stay away from family and not go to stores until we figured it out. my family brought me disinfectant, vitamins, etc. i stayed home without being told. i wore a mask before it was mandated.

NOT ONE TIME did i EVER listen to trump. not once.
Smart person/end thread

Old 11-16-2020, 03:21 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,864,826 times
Quote:
You're being absurd. You know perfectly well your question was an observation that no one has completely isolated themselves, including you.

fake outrage TDS = I still just can't bare to lose the protection Trump's fragile ego gives me
Hey buddy, I’m not the one posting threads on the internet blaming covid deaths on trump.

I’ve congregated with people indoors... in fact we have a friend coming over tomorrow night for dinner...and she’s a democrat!

But I’m not on a high horse blaming trump and republicans for this crappy situation. Masks don’t work, the only thing that works is isolation and most of us are not doing it. You cannot blame it on trump, Biden/Harris cannot and will not fix it....we only have our own selfishness (you and me included) to blame for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies