Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 05:11 AM

18,948 posts, read 43,421,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What propaganda media fail to mention when they shriek "Covid cases surge!" is that hospitalizations and deaths don't surge in equal proportion. More cases i.e. positive tests mean Covid is far less deadly than previously believed and if you do get sick there are treatments now to shorten recovery time.

I heard some states will be lumping flu cases and deaths in one pot so the statistics will be inflated. It's to terrorize the population into accepting the Great Reset.
What's odd to me is that the "case count" keeps going up and up since February. Shouldn't we assume people who tested positive back in March or April have already recovered? So why are they still included in the count?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 05:48 AM
JL

8,519 posts, read 14,495,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
What's odd to me is that the "case count" keeps going up and up since February. Shouldn't we assume people who tested positive back in March or April have already recovered? So why are they still included in the count?
I doubt they’re recounting those that had it...though if they did I’m thinking some people who have had it, might still have low counts of it still in their bodies.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:59 AM

3,641 posts, read 3,767,451 times
I likely had it in January. Tested negative for flu. Later tested positive for covid antigens. Family members who are involved in a sport brought it home after being with people who came home ill after competing in China.

I felt very sick for five days. My relatives were sick for almost three weeks.

I do believe there is a benefit to wearing masks resulting in a lower viral load.

Other than that, I have met dozens who tested positive for covid. A few died.

Old 11-17-2020, 06:13 AM

24,373 posts, read 22,986,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
72,000 hospitalizations yesterday, highest it's ever been.
>>>> But where are these hospitalizations? In areas where the virus didn't go through previously and now is? My county ( population 400,000) in PA is pretty good about posting the statistics. They have done the free testing and gone along with everybody about how the cases counts have never been higher. Well I can tell you that back in March April and May people had it more than now, its just that nobody was getting tested and more people were dying from it.
And while hospitalizations have increased over the later summer months, the serious ICU admissions have not. Deaths have not come close to what they were in April and May. I was just looking at the graphs and the cases vs deaths are actually inverted nearly perfectly. In April and may, the cases reported were low but the deaths were sky high. Now the cases are sky high but the deaths are low. My county has reported that the hospitalizations and serious cases are flat, saying that we're not experiencing a crisis. In western PA counties, its on the rise but many still haven't seen an increase in deaths. The Flu season hasn't started yet, so no double pandemic. Or its here but its all getting lumped in together.
Out in western states, things may well be ramping up. In the east we had it early, now its still floating around but its done most of its damage.

Old 11-17-2020, 06:46 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,791,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> But where are these hospitalizations? In areas where the virus didn't go through previously and now is? My county ( population 400,000) in PA is pretty good about posting the statistics. They have done the free testing and gone along with everybody about how the cases counts have never been higher. Well I can tell you that back in March April and May people had it more than now, its just that nobody was getting tested and more people were dying from it.
And while hospitalizations have increased over the later summer months, the serious ICU admissions have not. Deaths have not come close to what they were in April and May. I was just looking at the graphs and the cases vs deaths are actually inverted nearly perfectly. In April and may, the cases reported were low but the deaths were sky high. Now the cases are sky high but the deaths are low. My county has reported that the hospitalizations and serious cases are flat, saying that we're not experiencing a crisis. In western PA counties, its on the rise but many still haven't seen an increase in deaths. The Flu season hasn't started yet, so no double pandemic. Or its here but its all getting lumped in together.
Out in western states, things may well be ramping up. In the east we had it early, now its still floating around but its done most of its damage.
Certainly seems to be worse in the midwestern states that didn't deal with it so much in the spring. And I would certainly expect medical professionals have learned a lot about treating it since it appeared here in Feburary. The therapeutics made available since then seem to be a bit of a mixed bag though.

The average death toll per day for the last week is now in the 1,100 range. With daily cases now running in the 150-170K range per day, I would expect death counts to start increasing.

I follow the Covid-19 Tracking project, whose numbers are a little different from John's Hopkins. Different cutoff times I believe. They haven't gotten Texas numbers the last few days- not sure what's going on with that reporting.

Flu season in the midst of the Covid spike is a frightening prospect. That was the biggest concern of doctors I spoke with. Hopefully this year's flue shot is effective.

Old 11-17-2020, 06:47 AM

29,194 posts, read 14,465,656 times
The wife and I are on day 16 from her being tested positive. I so far, have had zero symptoms. She in the beginning had really bad joint pain, for about a day and a half, a fever for about 5 hours, a dry cough, and then the rest of the time was just extreme fatigue. To the point where there were a couple of days she didn't get out of bed. We are in our 50's.

We know 5 others that are also infected, and they seem to all have varying stages of what my wife went through, with the exception of one. I think she will need to go to the hospital. Their ages vary from 60's to 80. The 80 year old, actually had less symptoms then my wife.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:48 AM

1,690 posts, read 792,875 times
I wish they'd come out and say hospitalized specifically BECAUSE of C19 instead of the vague WITH C19.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:46 AM

18,762 posts, read 11,755,546 times
This is a strange bug. As Trump said, if you're the wrong person, it's deadly. Our neighbor's son had it and did not pass it on to his parents. Our neighbor's daughter had it as an asymptomatic carrier and gave it to her mom. She thought she was protecting her daughter and sent her to live with her father, who then became infected as well as one other in the household. The teenage daughter was the sickest.

I now know someone who died from it, and his wife died as well.

Yes, the cases I've seen personally vary by individual, but how do you know if "you're the wrong person" until it's too late? It's best to give this bug a wide berth. Who wants to be that sick anyway?

Wear a mask, but get N95's. They are the most effective. You can buy them on line. Just research them thoroughly.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:47 AM

5,911 posts, read 2,834,549 times
Question was anyone here have Covid ? Out of 27 perhaps 2 tested positive. Some know many who had it (maybe) and for this we shut the country down...as Charlie Brown. Says. "Good Grief".

Old 11-17-2020, 08:49 AM

3,385 posts, read 2,786,412 times
I got it.

Stuffy nose, fatigue (extreme fatigue one day), chest pressure one day, I woke up sore all over the next day, Loss my sense of smell (last symptom). One symptom at a time. Very strange. I'm just getting my sense of smell back after 3 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies