Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 09:37 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times

Advertisements

People in this country can't accept natural/normal causes for events. Huge percentages of the population believe in wild conspiracies, like:

- Covid-19 is a hoax created by Deep State Democrats
- Covid-19 is manmade
- It was engineered by the Chinese and spread worldwide to weaken America / to make Trump look bad and lose the 2020 election
- The 2020 presidential election was rigged by secret globalists
- The world is run by satan-worshipping Pedophiles
- Sandy Hook massacre was a false flag created by globalist liberals so Obama could send UN troops to come take Americans' guns.

And so people don't think I'm totally being political, here is one that liberals believe:

- Bush did 9/11

After doing some investigation into QAnon, I've come to realize that Americans are a bunch of gullible idiots looking for the next bit of secret insider information to make themselves feel less worthless. Like I'm surprised we even have electricity and running water and a halfway-functioning economy in most of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 09:40 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
People in this country can't accept natural/normal causes for events. Huge percentages of the population believe in wild conspiracies, like:

- Covid-19 is manmade
- It was engineered by the Chinese and spread worldwide to weaken America / to make Trump look bad and lose the 2020 election
- Sandy Hook massacre was a false flag created by globalist liberals so Obama could send UN troops to come take Americans' guns.

And so people don't think I'm totally being political, here is one that liberals believe:

- Bush did 9/11

After doing some investigation into QAnon, I've come to realize that Americans are a bunch of gullible idiots looking for the next bit of secret insider information to make themselves feel less worthless. Like I'm surprised we even have electricity and running water and a halfway-functioning economy in most of this country.

LOL, Give it about 12 months of Biden/Harris and I'd make the bet that we don't.

CN

Old 11-16-2020, 09:44 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:

- Covid-19 is manmade

- Bush did 9/11

Maybe you’re exaggerating a bit. Most are not into that stuff and don’t even know what Q believes.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:46 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,330 times
I’ll add a few to the list.

Trump is going to stage a coup d’etat.
Armed right-wingers are going to start a civil war.
The summer protests were mostly peaceful.
Trump said that COVID-19 itself was a hoax.
Trump said there are good people on both sides and didn’t mention that white supremacist were not one of those people.
The Trump China tariffs were going to destroy our economy.
Mass voting by mail wasn’t going to slow down the election process.

And so people don’t think I’m political, here’s one that conservatives believe:
Epstein didn’t commit suicide.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Yeah really like unequal outcomes among groups.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:47 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I’ll add a few to the list.

Trump is going to stage a coup d’etat.
Armed right-wingers are going to start a civil war.
The summer protests are mostly peaceful.
Trump said that COVID-19 itself was a hoax.
Trump said there are good people on both sides and didn’t mention that white supremacist were not one of those people.
The Trump China tariffs were going to destroy our economy.
Mass voting by mail wasn’t going to slow down the election process.

And so people don’t think I’m political, here’s one that conservatives believe:
Epstein didn’t commit suicide.

Old 11-16-2020, 10:11 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,456,650 times
Reality is mundane, conspiracy theories are exciting- the more fantastical the better.

Old 11-16-2020, 10:17 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Meh.........my great grandmother believed the moon landing was staged. Somewhat understandable as she was a country gal born in 1894.

It was probably also a story in the National Enquirers that my grandmother read for entertainment, but didnt necessarily believe.

Who knows why people believe crazy stuff that is not true. Lots of gullible people in this country.

Actually quite scary how many stupid, uneducated and gullible people in the country.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:05 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Look up the history of how 'conspiracy theories' were used by our intelligence agencies...its very interesting...lets just say, there is a very good reason, why some of the more bizarre conspiracy theories, are so 'off the wall' crazy!

Old 11-16-2020, 11:16 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:

- Covid-19 is manmade

- Bush did 9/11

So, you make up a bunch of nonsense that pretty much nobody believes, announce that most everybody believes it, and try to get people talking about your nonsense?

You apparently have a lot of time on your hands.

Have you thought about getting a hobby?

Or is this it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies