Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 11:15 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,824,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I call for a new series on SciFi to settle our disagreement.

I'll vote for that. Twice. And once more after I'm dead for good measure.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:22 AM

26,543 posts, read 14,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
In the end his challenges were serve some good by highlighting whether or not people should have confidence in the voting system.

unlikely, IMO.

most likely just the opposite, it will undermine confidence in the electoral process.

every legal loss will just solidifies the scope of the conspiracy in the mind of the believer. look at birtherism. every piece of evidence put forward debunking the belief only served to escalate the conspiracy ( the original COLB, confirmation by the HI department of health, contemporaneous newspaper announcements, release of the "long-form".....).

this conspiracy theory will be with us for years and will be detrimental to the conservative vote in the coming years IMO..

Old 11-17-2020, 11:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,539,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
No tinfoil hat theory. Trump was a terrible president and so he lost after his first term. Republicans and Democrats both voted him out. It happens.
Seems to me this election was more about personalities than policy.

Had Trump chosen to put on his big boy pants, knocked off the incessant tweeting and divisive rhetoric, I have no doubt he would have easily won a second term.

People voted against Trump which is not the same as for Biden.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:34 AM

19,586 posts, read 9,117,631 times
Harris will take over for Biden, and another Great Depression will take place as a result of "progressive" policies and major lockdowns taking place in a misguided attempt to eliminated COVID. This Depression that will be even worse than that of the 1930's, resulting in the elites establishing a dictatorship which the country will eagerly embrace (at least at first). Along with this (or possibly after) there will be another pandemic that will first greatly decimate kill off mainly the elderly and chronically ill, and then will eliminate much of the remaining population.

I also would not put it outside the realm of possibility that there will be fatal flaws in forthcoming vaccinations (maybe not the ones coming out now, but in future vaccinations, or the vaccinations will show to have hidden side effects that won't show up for years) that will also kill off a large part of the world's population.

Of course, the above are only TINFOIL HAT theories!

Old 11-17-2020, 11:34 AM

6,288 posts, read 2,842,110 times
What's wrong with making sure elections are secure? Sometimes they come down to fewer than 100 votes so it's important to make sure no one is cheating. If someone is cheating it's best to find out now. The left was all in on rooting out election fraud when they lost in 2016, but now they don't care.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times
I believe most definitely that Trump and puppets want to sow the conspiracy that Biden didn't REALLY win. For Trump it feeds his ego.

For the loyal base, it feeds their need to justify their belief Trump was going to win this election.

It was always going to be closer...I thought closer.....but it didn't turn out as they want so promote doubt in the integrity of the process.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:36 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,083,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sore winner? When was Trump a sore winner? Many people questioned Obama's birthplace, so what? I noticed that you ignored the rest of my reply to you which was the truth.
Failing to concede and putting out lies further lulling his followers from reality. Every case has been laughed out of court. He is delegitimizing the democratic process by saying the only way he can lose is if it’s rigged.

As for the pandemic, if you wanna see how serious he took it, just look at the difference between his rallies and bidens.

All that bragging about how big his rallies were. It’s obvious he didn’t take it seriously at all. Pushing conspiracies and throwing his head of the pandemic response under the bus.

He didn’t wanna bother. Everything was half ashed. He made states bid on PPE and deliberately tried to sabotage any help for blue states.

He wants all the worship and fandom but none of the responsibility...

Old 11-17-2020, 12:10 PM
bu2

23,916 posts, read 14,720,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
What's wrong with making sure elections are secure? Sometimes they come down to fewer than 100 votes so it's important to make sure no one is cheating. If someone is cheating it's best to find out now. The left was all in on rooting out election fraud when they lost in 2016, but now they don't care.
Clark County (Las Vegas) already threw out one of their 6 commissioner races because the election was such a mess. A local election in New Jersey was thrown out for fraud in mail-in ballots. There are lots of other examples.

Pretending these problems don't exist as the MSM and Democrats do is what undermines faith in the system.
The people who are cheating need to be found and thrown in jail. The incompetents need to be fired.

Republicans were all behind throwing out the House election in NC they won in 2018 with illegal ballot harvesting and prosecuting the people behind it. It was a majority Republican panel that unanimously decided to throw out the election. But Democrats don't seem interested in election integrity.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:12 PM
bu2

23,916 posts, read 14,720,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Failing to concede and putting out lies further lulling his followers from reality. Every case has been laughed out of court. He is delegitimizing the democratic process by saying the only way he can lose is if it’s rigged.

As for the pandemic, if you wanna see how serious he took it, just look at the difference between his rallies and bidens.

All that bragging about how big his rallies were. It’s obvious he didn’t take it seriously at all. Pushing conspiracies and throwing his head of the pandemic response under the bus.

He didn’t wanna bother. Everything was half ashed. He made states bid on PPE and deliberately tried to sabotage any help for blue states.

He wants all the worship and fandom but none of the responsibility...
Telling lies over and over doesn't make them true. Nor does it do anything for your credibility.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:15 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,083,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Telling lies over and over doesn't make them true. Nor does it do anything for your credibility.
Sounds like something you should explain to the president.

As I said, GOP

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies