Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 02:53 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
They're so easily disproven, yet you haven't disproven anything. You are consistently one of the most disingenuous posters on this forum, and that's saying something. I have a lot more respect for the far left wing extremists who post here and dispense with the charade "I'm a moderate" and "I'm reasonable." You aren't either one of those things so stop pretending otherwise.
You haven't done your research about me. Clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 02:57 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Be ready to counter the alleged allegations regarding the Dominion software that has yet to be investigated, otherwise, your opinion doesn't mean anymore than theirs. Otherwise, change the subject. It is called "redirection, and the upside is that after Dominion is investigated along with whatever else follows out of that investigation, you won't be wrong about who you thought won as they will have no idea that you supported Biden's win via MSM.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
I am finding most people in my sphere prefer to avoid talking about politics.

Did learn a member of extended family is into the QAnon thing. He claims he did his research......on YouTube.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:59 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
How do I convince someone how crazy it is to imagine that, if fraudulent votes were counted or if software were programmed to distort the tally, the courts or our allies or the media would have to be involved?
You could start by supplying them with actual proof. Instead of constantly promising that it's "coming".

IF there were some grand conspiracy, why would they allow McConnell and Graham and all the other malcontents to stay in office?

Why would this illuminati have allowed for a Republican Senate majority to remain?

Why would the Democratic Congress have LOST seats?

Why would there have been so many split ballots?

The grand conspiracy falls apart when you stop thinking JUST about Donald J Trump. And just like the GLOBAL pandemic, it's about more and bigger things than one already DIVISIVE President. If Trump had more more widely accepted, had had an approval rating that was consistently higher than 50% in more than one poll.....maybe you'd have a leg to stand on. But in the face of his history and in light of how ALL the elections played out, this grand conspiracy sounds like it came from OAN or Alex Jones and is respectable as thinking Sandy Hook was a false flag operation or that 9/11 was an inside job.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:01 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
I won’t discuss it with them. It’s a waste of time and energy.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:02 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Just don't talk politics, especially with the people who believe Trump won.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:04 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
I try to run a game on them because they're an easy mark.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:04 PM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
I react to people who think Trump won the election precisely the same way I react to people who think Biden won: I tell them to go back to high school and learn how US Presidential elections work. Neither Biden nor Trump will have won until the Electoral College vote is complete and the elector ballots have been delivered to and counted by Congress. Lawsuits notwithstanding, it's not until all above has happened has anybody won the election.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Right just dont interact with them.

Fact is no one has a crystal ball on what is going to happen here.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:08 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not really looking to debate it at this point. If you still believe he won, or that Biden is stealing it, I respect your right to believe that, I just disagree to a point where I'm not going to be convinced.

For everyone else who understands how US Elections are run, how are you dealing with people you otherwise love and respect, who are using conspiracy theories to still believe there is any doubt.

How do you respond to someone who thinks any "facts" that disagree with them are fake, but any facts that do agree with them are indisputable?

How do you convince them that both US and Int'l election watchers have overwhelmingly said this was a clean election?

How do you argue with them when they claim that election monitors were denied access, when in fact all the LEGAL montors were allowed to do their work?

How do you make them understand that just because Trump said there was fraud doesn't mean there was fraud? Why has he not presented the first bit of evidence, if there is any?

How do you convince someone how crazy it is to believe that all the courts, all the news media, all of our allies, and all of the states are able to manage a conspiracy JUST to get Trump out of office?

How do you convince them that they believed the results in 2016, even though the were much closer, but now, in a landslide, they think it's fake?

I'm really asking sincerely. Someone I love a lot still believes the election is a fraud. They claim to be informed, but if they did the slightest bit of learning how elections work, they'd realize it is not possible to steal on the scale they are claiming. They would see the lawsuits, even if ending in their favor, would not overturn the election.

I'm really struggling. I respect this person, but their intention to ignore reality makes me question their sincerety on other issues. How can I constructively allow them to see that even if they don't like the results, they are legit.

Can you show the light to someone who doesn't want to see it?
You can't argue with them. I don't want to even try anymore. Many will continue to think he won wayyyyy after Biden is in office and beyond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies