Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 12:22 PM

11,201 posts, read 8,238,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The same way I would react if a magician told me he would soon pull a 6 ft rabbit out of a hat
Wait and see
Mr triumph as done amazing things I can wait a few weeks more before I decide for the fat lady to sing
I can wait and see, but that is not the same as proactively spreading misinformation to change the outcome of the election, or to cast doubt in it.

I am fine to "wait and see", I actually think it's OK for Trump to have his lawsuits if that's what he wants to do. His right. But not OK with him tweeting verifiable lies, and definitely not OK with people accepting them when they are so obvious and easy to see they are not true. THAT is my issue.

They are not even curious about the truth, they'd rather feel safe in the lies. Again, why I ask who the real snowflakes are....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 12:23 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,159,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I can wait and see, but that is not the same as proactively spreading misinformation to change the outcome of the election, or to cast doubt in it.

I am fine to "wait and see", I actually think it's OK for Trump to have his lawsuits if that's what he wants to do. His right. But not OK with him tweeting verifiable lies, and definitely not OK with people accepting them when they are so obvious and easy to see they are not true. THAT is my issue.

They are not even curious about the truth, they'd rather feel safe in the lies. Again, why I ask who the real snowflakes are....
Lots of snowflakes falling they all say they are the good guys
But wait those that burned and looted my town in June said that

Old 11-17-2020, 12:24 PM

6,448 posts, read 2,846,390 times
why do you need to lose respect over this?

I guess if your only real connection to this person is Politics then ok.

I know people who hated the Last Jedi and say it destroyed the franchise. I disagree but ok,..plenty of other things we have in common.

Just shrug it off,.." eh,..you're crazy" ,..and get on with enjoying what you do have in common.
Unless,..as mentioned,. All you had in common was your political beliefs.

In which case,..move on,..

Old 11-17-2020, 12:26 PM

552 posts, read 221,368 times
I'm very fortunate that all my cousins and immediate family are liberal democrat.
Our matriarch, my aunt who is almost 90 is a staunch conservative Trump supporter.
My beloved boyfriend of 10 years is a Trump supporter. We agree to disagree and
get along great.

Any Trump supporter I have issue with is casual acquaintances who get all bent out
of shape with my social media opinions and posts. One in particular is in her 60's,
she bore her first child at age 16 and the father was her mother's live in boyfriend.

So, yeah I just consider the source. Most dogged, militant Trump supporters that
I know tend to be a bit on the not quite right or there side of things. I refer to them
as "Easily Manipulated". One posted a meme insulting people on public assistance.
I decided NOT to point out that she herself has been on public assistance multiple
times in her life. Not my job to point out the obvious.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:27 PM

11,159 posts, read 10,928,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
But in the case of this election, I think it's safe to say that you have to work hard to avoid the truth if you want to believe it possible that the Dems stole this one.

The last 4 years have truly opened my eyes to just how low democrats will go to gain power. Many Americans watched in shock and disbelief how they treated Kavanaugh and his family, the constant Russia probes even after Mueller found nothing, the violence perpetrated by looting and rioting scum, impeachment schemes, and the constantly negative and lying news outlets doing the DNC's dirty work.

I put nothing past the left. There is no bar too low for them to limbo under. I don't expect the election to be overturned, but there is definitely something in the air that smells fishier than Cannery Row on a warm summer day.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:28 PM

6,288 posts, read 2,834,106 times
Do you have any idea how hard it has been to talk to the "Russian collusion' people for 4 years? Or feminists who believe an evil patriarchy is plotting to suppress them?

Last edited by mascoma; 11-17-2020 at 01:02 PM..

Old 11-17-2020, 12:33 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,817,118 times
More good news.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Big victory moments ago in the State of Nevada. The all Democrat County Commissioner race, on same ballot as President, just thrown out because of large scale voter discrepancy. Clark County officials do not have confidence in their own election security. Major impact!
Quote Tweet

Old 11-17-2020, 12:33 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,504,486 times
I actually had an “ AH HAH” moment yesterday. I was driving home and NPR was broadcasting an interview with Barack Obama relating to the release of his memoir. As I listened I realized how much I miss him. When he talks, it’s not only that I agree with his perspective on many issues, but it’s the WAY the talks that reminds me of good friends I have had over the years. His thoughtful, reflective manner of speaking, his overall manner of communicating makes me feel not only like he is someone that I know, but someone I connect with. Basically, I love this guy! It hit me then, that trump’s hardcore supporters must feel the same way about him. Not only that he speaks to their beliefs but, that he “speaks their language”, someone they would actually want to hang out with. If that is true, I can understand their denial of reality. My approach to this denial is, let them deal with it on their own terms. They have until mid January to accept that regardless of their beliefs, Trump will no longer be President. But they have some time right now to support his denial.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:37 PM

19,410 posts, read 12,056,051 times
They have the right to their opinion, so it isn't an issue.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:38 PM

5,304 posts, read 2,090,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
More good news.
I'm curious why you put this claim in this thread. Are you trying to provide an example of what the OP is talking about when you mention this Trump tweet that actually is light years away from the real story?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies