Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 02:14 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Most people already do this in everyday life.
I'm not. I'm simply wearing a mask and practicing social distancing when I'm required to. I also wash my hands when needed.

A real lockdown is what we experienced a few months ago such as no outdoor or indoor dining in restaurants, movie theaters were closed, all but essential businesses were closed, gyms, golf courses, private community pools, etc. were closed. Curfews were implemented. That's over kill, IMO and I don't want to see that again as it's an infringement on our freedoms.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Covid didn't go away on Nov-3. The virus is real, and will infect people regardless of race, sex, or political leanings. And no, the Governor is not a RINO for doing this, he is doing it to protect the citizens.

LIVE: Ohio reports 7,079 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday; three-week curfew begins Thursday

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...17/6317088002/

Ohioans under curfew starting Thursday night
Ohioans will be under a stay-at-home order from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night starting Thursday evening. The curfew will be in place for 21 days.

The order does not shut down stores or businesses, and people are able to go to a store or business to get supplies for emergencies or a restaurant to get takeout during those hours. The forthcoming order won't affect third-shift manufacturing or others who have to work during those hours, a governor's spokesman clarified.

"We believe this going to help," DeWine said. "It will reduce some of the contacts that are taking place."
Generally speaking, the later the hour, the sloppier things get, especially in places where masses gather. Not a good optic in the midst of a global pandemic where Covid is surging.

Not that it should matter, the governor is Republican and Republicans are the majority in both chambers.

Attempting to protect the state’s hospital systems from being overwhelmed is not partisan.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:33 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
All that partying up the day after election with no care in the world for the virus is now coming back to haunt us.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So the virus is only dangerous at night?
This is all about people being in close proximity to each other for extended periods of time while inside.

The later the hour, the more likely people tend to get sloppier.

It’s interesting how each state has taken a different approach, influenced in part by the status of hospitals at any point in time.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:50 PM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
cases are at least 5 times higher, but deaths are no greater

Yep - younger cases, better treatments. Death is not the problem - overwhelmed doctors are. Dead people don't need doctors.

Meantime - As when you were in High School - "Curfew" is code for "no party for you." C'mon folks...think about it...

Where do MOST cases come from right now? One guy out after 10pm? No. A large group of partying bozos? Yep.

Is that something most folks can live without for a few weeks - as opposed to shutting down restaurants? Yep.
Yawn. Yes, we know you will do whatever you're told to do by the government. Do you ever have any disagreement with the government? Now that would be interesting to hear.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm not. I'm simply wearing a mask and practicing social distancing when I'm required to. I also wash my hands when needed.

A real lockdown is what we experienced a few months ago such as no outdoor or indoor dining in restaurants, movie theaters were closed, all but essential businesses were closed, gyms, golf courses, private community pools, etc. were closed. Curfews were implemented. That's over kill, IMO and I don't want to see that again as it's an infringement on our freedoms.
There have been no lockdowns in the US. That one could not have a meal in a restaurant in many cities, counties and states is hardly a lockdown.

Heck, nothing compels anyone who tests positive to self quarantine.

Don’t get me wrong here, made no sense Big Box could remain open but Mike’s Men’s wear or Cindy’s Boutique could not.

Perhaps the difference was in the level of confidence a state/ county/ city had in Walmart being able to limit capacity, deny entry to unmasked people and the size of these stores.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:55 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Ahhh yes the "half pregnant" approach. Been working great so far. LOL

Idiots

Old 11-17-2020, 03:00 PM

811 posts, read 887,463 times
As someone who is firmly against lockdowns/shutdowns, I can get behind the curfew. In my opinion, not much good happens after the sun goes down, and most people are home in bed or with their families.

Thankfully, 3rd shift workers can still work and people can still go get food and groceries at night, but this curfew was largely targeting night clubs, bars and late night restauraunts.

Hopefully this curfew does not create a situation in which people leave the bars and take the party to a household. Most Sheriff's and local cops in Ohio will not enforce the curfew, regardless.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:03 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Other States and counties will follow suit. Miami has not even lifted the old curfew yet (they are under State Of Emergency), and pretty much all SE Florida businesses require masks.

It might be a good idea to shut down holiday travel from the heavy hit Northern States and Texas
what do you want to do, build a wall?

Old 11-17-2020, 03:09 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
So why aren’t masks protecting Ohio? They’ve had a mask order for quite some time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies