Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 06:27 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times

Advertisements

There he goes, trying to use reason and logic in the Trump White House. But I appreciate his courage and candor in this era of cowering Republicans. :-P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 06:31 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
You could be corrupt smart and competent
The third Reich had lots of them
Mr trump hired lots of people that stabbed him in the back -he is like me -he trusted people he did not trust -he wanted to give them a chance - because it was the right thing to do
How fitting you compare trump to hitler. Go ahead & try to backpedal.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:04 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Breaking on twitter. trump gets more pathetic by the hour.
I don't know if Krebs deserved to be fired or not. I doubt if anyone here does. Given how long the "Russiagate" investigation went on, my first impression was when CISA released their memo it seemed rather quick. I would think you'd wait and see what pops up as things progressed. It took the U.S. intelligence community and law enforcement months to uncover the Russia attempts at interference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why did Trump appoint a deep state agent? I thought he hired only the best?
A president has 4,000 or so positions to appoint. Most people don't know that many people to put into positions, they rely on recommendations of others. Krebs had the qualifications, but it appears maybe not the temperment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Right... Get rid of all the competent career public servants because that's gonna make it all better.
Krebs was not a career public servant. He came from Microsoft in 2017. I also think he might have worked for Obama's DHS at some point, but his background isn't detailed in his bio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Krebs is a Trump appointee and was widely respected on both sides of the aisle for his work in hardening US election systems. He is a former Microsoft guy.
See above. His "work", meaning the actual job he did, might have been competent enough. I don't think that is what is in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
trump is making Nixon look like an amateur.
Bill Clinton made Nixon look like the rankest of amateurs and yet he is still treated with the greatest respect.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:16 PM

1,049 posts, read 652,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No evidence has been introduced in any court yet. Trump has lost every case.
You just not following the right sources.

My man on Realpatriotsformurica.blogspot and some random person on OAN have all the goods.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:20 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
Who cares he can fire and hire whoever he likes.
And the American people can fire him, which they did.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:30 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Breaking on twitter.

trump gets more pathetic by the hour.
The Executive Committee that put out that statement apparently includes the heads of Dominion and the other software that are reputed to be problems. The committee (I'm quoting a poster on another board-I've been able to verify everything he claimed except I haven't been able to track down a list of who is actually on their executive committee-which is listed below per him). So its basically a statement by an industry group that their products are perfect. (Agency's website: https://www.cisa.gov/leadership)

"...Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Arrikan, Inc./Chaves Consulting, Inc.
Associated Press (AP) Elections
BPro, Inc.
Clear Ballot Group
Crosscheck
DemTech Voting Solutions
Democracy Live
Democracy Works
DMF Associates
Dominion Voting Systems
Election Systems & Software (ES&S)
Electronic Registration Information Center (ERIC)
Freeman, Craft, McGregor Group
Hart InterCivic
KNOWInk
Microsoft
Microvote General Corp.
NTS Data Services
PCC Technology Inc.
Pro V&V
Runbeck Election Services
SCYTL
SLI Compliance
Smartmatic
Tenex Software Solutions
The Canton Group
Unisyn Voting Solutions
Voatz
VOTEC
Votem
Voting Works
VR Systems..."

Old 11-17-2020, 07:32 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I don't know if Krebs deserved to be fired or not. I doubt if anyone here does. Given how long the "Russiagate" investigation went on, my first impression was when CISA released their memo it seemed rather quick. I would think you'd wait and see what pops up as things progressed. It took the U.S. intelligence community and law enforcement months to uncover the Russia attempts at interference.

A president has 4,000 or so positions to appoint. Most people don't know that many people to put into positions, they rely on recommendations of others. Krebs had the qualifications, but it appears maybe not the temperment.

Krebs was not a career public servant. He came from Microsoft in 2017. I also think he might have worked for Obama's DHS at some point, but his background isn't detailed in his bio.

See above. His "work", meaning the actual job he did, might have been competent enough. I don't think that is what is in question.

Bill Clinton made Nixon look like the rankest of amateurs and yet he is still treated with the greatest respect.
Why do you say he didn't have the temperament? Because he refused to go along with Trumps delusions?

Old 11-17-2020, 07:36 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Cyber expert tells Trump no fraud, Doesn’t line up with what Trump believes so he fires him. Par for the course for Trump.
Doesn't line up with the facts. Good riddance to the traitor.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:39 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Doesn't line up with the facts. Good riddance to the traitor.
Anyone that doesn’t agree with Trump gets fired. This is standard procedure for Trump.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:41 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Anyone that doesn’t agree with Trump gets fired. This is standard procedure for Trump.
So? He is the boss, this clown was a swamp creature who was OBVIOUSLY a partisan hack who lied through his teeth about the election being good to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies