Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 07:51 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times

Advertisements

We could go conspiracy theory here, right? OMG, these are both red counties. What if they added these lost votes just now to create doubt? *gasp*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 07:53 PM

1,253 posts, read 503,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not saying anyone's hallucinating.

I'm thinking what the hell happened? Did some poll worker reach into his jacket pocket today and say whoa, what the heck, I forgot to return this data thumb drive?

Really, from a procedural aspect, inexcusable that TWO thumb drives from Red county polling locations were misplaced and then somehow turned up. SLOPPY.
I agree Clara and this is why we need to do a thorough review from the top down and bottom up. Regardless of the outcome of this election, we owe it to every citizen that we ensure every single voter can feel confident in the system going forward. At first there was no evidence of any issues. Now issue after issue is arising. How many more are there?

Old 11-17-2020, 07:59 PM

1,253 posts, read 503,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This appears to be nearing a done deal.

Despite the two thumb drives that showed up today in red counties, that weren't nearly enough to change the results of this election, this is nearing an end.

And now Georgia has to prepare for the senate election to come in January.

Prayers they send at least one R, or the exec/leg branches will be all one party. Not good. Gum up the works.
Clara, any info on how the new votes affect the Senate races? They were much closer. I am with you 100% on gumming up the works. We should never have one party control, ever. Come on gridlock!

Old 11-17-2020, 08:03 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
This election is now illegitimate, how many more votes that have not been counted.
Im sorry, but this sounds a little too good for Trump, I would put 'cheating and fraud' beyond him to try to steal this election!

Seriously, has anyone even considered that possibility? Trump and fraud go hand in hand, stealing an election would be right up his alley, heck, he stole from his own charity! LOL

Old 11-17-2020, 08:14 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Why can't Republicans accept the election results like they told Democrats to in 2016?
4 years later and Dems still haven't accepted Trump won in 2016 ....lmao

Old 11-17-2020, 08:16 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I detest Trump, never voted for him and never will. That said the last people who should be squawking about accepting election results is the left. After 2016 the left really hasn't a thing to say about accepting results, acting adult or making up conspiracy theories to explain why their candidate lost.
Hillary conceded the day after the election. That says all you need to know.

The left was not screaming "fraud!" over PA, MI and WI. The left did not even particularly dispute Trump won those 3 states, and did not demand recounts. Because Hillary had already conceded the election, there was no point in them doing so.

They certainly thought the election was aided by Russia, but that's not the same as contesting the actual vote counts. The issue with Russia was more an issue of Russia doing shady things to persuade people to vote for Trump, rather than anybody casting large numbers of illegal votes.

Personally I was always ambivalent about the Russia thing. It was clear to me they were trying to influence the election, but whether that had much of an effect or not, I don't really know.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:16 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, a majority of the people who happen to vote didn’t want another 4 years of Trump, which isn’t the same thing as what you stated.

The people who voted for candidates other than Trump are a subset of the people who voted, who are a subset of the people registered to vote, who are a subset of the people eligible to vote, who are a subset of the overall population. (and no, I’m not a Trump supporter, nor a Republican)
Whatever. trump lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im sorry, but this sounds a little too good for Trump, I would put 'cheating and fraud' beyond him to try to steal this election!

Seriously, has anyone even considered that possibility? Trump and fraud go hand in hand, stealing an election would be right up his alley, heck, he stole from his own charity! LOL
I agree, and I don’t think trump supporters would have a problem with that. Main objective is to keep him in office, regardless of the methods.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Duh. Maybe because there was no alleged fraud in 2016. Sure the Dems whined about the EC, but that's not fraud....
Refer to Post #39. If you don't have proof, do yourself a favor and shut the Hell up about the alleged fraud.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
I agree Clara and this is why we need to do a thorough review from the top down and bottom up. Regardless of the outcome of this election, we owe it to every citizen that we ensure every single voter can feel confident in the system going forward. At first there was no evidence of any issues. Now issue after issue is arising. How many more are there?
What issues are real and which are just fake news and conspiracy theory? I have not heard any report of any credible issue. There were allegedly sharpie issues with Arizona dominion ballots, yet Maricopa County prefered the use of sharpies and did so for weeks before the allegations of sharpie-gate started. Within a week, the idea of sharpie-gate was dropped.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:30 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'm waiting for some Dominion employees whistleblowers to squeal for the reward money! Money ALWAYS gets people to talk.
So does immunity from prosecution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies