Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 08:10 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
So cancelation of large groups for thanksgiving the poor will not be feed at food kitchens.
That would make sense. They can give out the food they normally do, it would be bad to crowd them in for a dinner and spread Covid among the poor and homeless population because of turkey and stuffing.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:16 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That would make sense. They can give out the food they normally do, it would be bad to crowd them in for a dinner and spread Covid among the poor and homeless population because of turkey and stuffing.
I'm guessing, dont actually know, in my area where it is generally the churches that provide Thanksgiving dinner for the poor and homeless that they will fix to-go type food trays for pick up and deliver it to those who can not pick it up.

Our High school had its first home basketball game this week. We can have consessions as long as all the food is packaged when it leaves the "kitchen".

Old 11-19-2020, 08:21 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I just know when the numbers increase so do the restrictions. It can get a lot worse. In many areas yes hospitalizations are rising and tp is disappearing from shelves again. Now is a bad time for gatherings.
and Noon time is a bad time to cross a busy street.so why not wait for Midnight. Why ? Because we are living NOW and we need to be across now.
Thanksgiving is now not next year..The family members we dont see this Thanksgiving my get the Virus in June and pass and we will never see them. We lost the opportunity this November

Old 11-19-2020, 08:57 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
and Noon time is a bad time to cross a busy street.so why not wait for Midnight. Why ? Because we are living NOW and we need to be across now.
Thanksgiving is now not next year..The family members we dont see this Thanksgiving my get the Virus in June and pass and we will never see them. We lost the opportunity this November
Exactly. These panicked Karens have my pity and disgust. The mortality rate for COVID-19 is tiny. The panicked response is totally disproportionate, irrational, and anti-scientific.

Old 11-19-2020, 09:21 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
If you live here in Cuyahoga County, you cannot have more than 10 people in your house now for gatherings.

Old 11-19-2020, 09:22 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Exactly. These panicked Karens have my pity and disgust. The mortality rate for COVID-19 is tiny. The panicked response is totally disproportionate, irrational, and anti-scientific.
The hyperbole is rooted in insecurity. Some can't handle when it gets real so they deny and/or attack, and often in exaggerated terms. The type to not wear masks or social distance or admit they have Covid when they're gasping on the vent. How insecure must one be to exist in such denial.

Old 11-19-2020, 09:44 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
How many times do you deniers need this explained to you...just because only 1% have died who have contracted Covid, doesn't mean that a lot more who have contracted it aren't either A) Really sick, and B) won't have ongoing health issues because of it...researchers are finding a lot of people who contracted it are now having heart issues even though they didnt' before and they didn't get really sick.

Why are there so many selfish people here? Do you not care about people's health?

Old 11-19-2020, 09:48 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
How many times do you deniers need this explained to you...just because only 1% have died who have contracted Covid, doesn't mean that a lot more who have contracted it aren't either A) Really sick, and B) won't have ongoing health issues because of it...researchers are finding a lot of people who contracted it are now having heart issues even though they didnt' before and they didn't get really sick.

Why are there so many selfish people here? Do you not care about people's health?
There's a woman in S. Dakota, she just lost her husband to covid. He was 61, no pre-existing at all. She got it and lived, but he died. Very unpredictable, who will do well and who won't. Some really old people survive it and some young one's don't. Who'd want to risk that by not doing necessary public health recommended precautions?

Old 11-19-2020, 09:54 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Basically playing the lottery with your loved ones...

Old 11-19-2020, 09:57 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
There's a woman in S. Dakota, she just lost her husband to covid. He was 61, no pre-existing at all. She got it and lived, but he died. Very unpredictable, who will do well and who won't. Some really old people survive it and some young one's don't. Who'd want to risk that by not doing necessary public health recommended precautions?
I've seen the same here. Older, obese people surviving or even having a mild case while healthier younger people get very sick or die. No rhyme or reason.

Unfortunately no one on this board will listen. There are a few trunp supporters on here who take the virus seriously but most don't. I've seen the same in my personal life.

If Jeb or Mitt had won in 2016 I don't believe the virus would have been politicized. It is only because trunp had to be told he did the most amazing job EVAH! handling it that his supporters won't acknowledge what a disaster our response has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies