Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 07:47 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Forget they stole a presidential election. You now Have yang, Hollywood and big high tech telling millions of democrats to flood Georgia to commit voter fraud. And their they’re doing in right in the open and they don’t give a dam. I don’t want see the country descend into a bloody civil war but I don’t see an alternative. Do you?
How exactly did they steal the election. No one has yet to provide any evidence. Has it ever occurred to you that most of the country think he is a horrible leader. People gave him a chance and he failed. Time to move on. What it so hard about understanding that.

Old 11-18-2020, 07:51 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
While I don't believe people being allowed to move to Georgia and vote is 'fair', I don't believe it any more 'unfair' than then the antiquated Electoral College that in a nation that supposedly values democracy allows losers of the popular vote to be put in office. In both cases, blame the laws and change them democratically if you believe they need to be changed.
Reasonable minds can agree to disagree on the EC. But I did notice that until 2016, the EC wasn't this horrible idea that had to be eliminated. Now since The Orange Blossom won in '16 due to EC, it's an issue. Why is that?

Old 11-18-2020, 07:53 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
No, we would have been a lot better off if the Republican North let the Democrat South secede.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:05 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
I'm well armed and ready.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:07 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Forget they stole a presidential election. You now Have yang, Hollywood and big high tech telling millions of democrats to flood Georgia to commit voter fraud. And their they’re doing in right in the open and they don’t give a dam. I don’t want see the country descend into a bloody civil war but I don’t see an alternative. Do you?
Oh I beg to differ. I think you would revel in it. But it’s never going to happen.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:07 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Reasonable minds can agree to disagree on the EC. But I did notice that until 2016, the EC wasn't this horrible idea that had to be eliminated. Now since The Orange Blossom won in '16 due to EC, it's an issue. Why is that?

Not for me. I can honestly say the first time I ever seriously considered the EC, high school in the late '60s, I thought it was the silliest thing I'd ever heard for a country that believed in democracy.

Then again I never bought into Vietnam being our problem either.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:08 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How exactly did they steal the election. No one has yet to provide any evidence. Has it ever occurred to you that most of the country think he is a horrible leader. People gave him a chance and he failed. Time to move on. What it so hard about understanding that.
Just like everything Trump ever said, there's no proof because it's just another lie.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:23 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Just like everything Trump ever said, there's no proof because it's just another lie.
Ben Shapiro is someone I disagree with on more things than not but one thing beyond reproach is his intelligence and credentials, as well as his ability to chew up and spit out one woke liberal after another who tries to debate him. Despite his defense of many Trump policies, he’s one of the few people further to the right who I have a lot of respect for. And I will continue to respect him because he’s not a sheep. He knows the election fraud BS is just that: BS. He knows this is all part of a melodramatic episode of a megalomaniac, and has more to do with Trump’s personality flaws than objective reality.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:24 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You are utterly clueless about life itself to dump this off-topic rubbish here. Look for the argument you crave elsewhere. I've seen lots of ridiculous posts here over time, but this one is over the top....even for this thread.

My life, my decisions, and why I make them are nobody's business but mine. GO....AWAY!
1. It’s not off topic. The topic is the next step being a civil war because people disagree so vehemently, which is presenting to be the case with us..

2. You’re right, you’re life and your decisions. However, You don’t make your beliefs a secret, and you don’t make the state you live in a secret (some here do), and you’re stating those on an Internet forum that invites commentary/posting. So if someone sees an inconsistency to some extent (I did, my larger point being that many people really don’t dislike some things as much as they claim to and are, to some extent, ‘armchair complainers’....which is a good thing. It means things aren’t as bad as they might seem), it shouldn’t be a surprise that someone might point it out, as I did. The only logical reason (feel free to point out another potential one) I see that this might upset you is that, on some level, you think I’m right, and you don’t like me pointing that out. If you thought my point was devoid of any validity, you’d dismiss it in your mind and ignore it, but you didn’t.

There, I’ve said my peace .

Old 11-18-2020, 08:34 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
LOL.

Just when I hadn’t heart a new one of the thousands of Trump monikers in eons, you post a new one.

I have a feeling there will never be another POTUS who will (I hate to use the word)....’inspire’ as many monikers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies