Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 12:34 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post
I just checked again, and it was reversed as of last night. I stand corrected. It was passed that those votes are certified.

My apologies.

Thank you, SkyDog77, for making me research again the results.
All good. I’ve certainly been caught a few times in these fast moving news cycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 12:44 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm sure that if there were any credible evidence of significant malfeasance, we'd be hearing about it non-stop. This is just desperation by the election loser. Any minor fraud being discovered is stochastic in nature.
True. If Trump had any proof, he couldn't stop himself from tweeting about it, even if it were "an ongoing investigation" and even if saying so jeopardized the outcome.

If there were proof, Trump would be burning Twitter up like an Apollo mission on reentry.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
I dunno, Id argue that the number of ballots lost or delayed by dejoys damage to the postal system might be relevant. Might even be why some Republicans took some house seats. But that ones all factual and true, so not something the Republicans here want to look at. They might realize theyre the bad guys here.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:53 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Sometimes it's not clear from the reporting what they're showing. For example, North Carolina stopped counting in the middle of the night because they so-called ran out of votes. That referred to only the in-person votes. For some reason NC didn't immediately access or then start to count the provisional and (was it?) mail-in ballots.
Republican controlled General Assembly in Raleigh (I live in Cary, a suburb of Raleigh, same county). NC does not allow mail-in voting to be counted before the election day ends.

I'm not saying that's good or bad (it's probably both), I'm just saying that whatever the reason, it's team GOP who is in power and who mandates it, so Trump complaining about a Democratic Conspiracy doesn't make much sense....

Old 11-18-2020, 12:59 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
True. If Trump had any proof, he couldn't stop himself from tweeting about it, even if it were "an ongoing investigation" and even if saying so jeopardized the outcome.

If there were proof, Trump would be burning Twitter up like an Apollo mission on reentry.
Oh, don't you know

Old 11-18-2020, 12:59 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
No verifiable proof, no.

I'm sure there was small scale fraud, it would be silly not to believe it could happen (and it was just as likely to be the right as the left).

Large scale. No. No actual evidence.

I mean, unless you count far right wing sources and conspiracies... and a frightening number of people are prey to them.

Old 11-18-2020, 01:00 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryclaire View Post
https://api.parler.com/l/AHvyk

Here’s some...
Did you read the actual link. You have smart Trump supporters explaining why this data is no good. I read every single response. Read the one from the Ph.D guy.

This is so funny!!!

Old 11-18-2020, 01:02 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Why does even same day delivery from the local post office to the local election office raise eyebrows? In our town they are literally across the street from each other and ballots get expedited processing.
I guess you are young and don't use paper mail!

Old 11-18-2020, 01:04 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The Republican election official suggested it would have been found - when he was discussing Floyd. Course that's a hypothetical. Attention was turned to the recount. If Georgia works like Detroit the poll count would not have matched the vote account. For 2,000 plus votes in a county you go looking. Not so much for the single digit votes in the Detroit precincts when margins are in thousands. That doesn't - or shouldn't stop certification.
The results were already in. It wasn't counted. They never processed the box. It just sat in a corner.

In the other county they never read the votes on a particular chip.

Not that these were fraud, but they were really sloppy.

Old 11-18-2020, 01:06 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
This should make everyone feel very good about our checks and balances. A very (relatively) small fraud was caught before it ever happened.

In a juristiction of 5.8 million people, they tried to manufacture 8000 votes. Of those 8000 I think they said that only 29 were able to even get ballots, and of the 29 ballots, not a single one was tabulated (eg: Zero Fraud actually committed). The people were caught, and I assume and HOPE they will be held accountable to the full extent of the law.

So I know that President Snowflake has been very worried about voter fraud (at least the fraud that doesn't benefit him), but this should ease his anxiety and reassure him that the checks and balances are not only in place, but they are working.

So far (page 1) the answer remains "no". No verifiable proof of fraud.
And in Nevada they sent in absentee requests in a test and 8 of 9 with fake signatures got through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies