Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 08:00 AM
bu2 bu2 started this thread

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailywire.com/news/exper...ans-won-all-27

Regardless of whether anything of significance is found in President Trump's efforts, there was a clear fraud related to the election--the "experts" and pollsters. Now the article says Cook is considered non-partisan, but its long been obvious to me it is a Democratic run group. Its as non-partisan as Nate "I don't want to scare anyone but Trump might win" Silver.

"...Ahead of the 2020 election, Cook listed 27 races as “toss-ups,” meaning they were too close to predict one way or the other. Republicans won all 27.

That’s not a typo. Despite being assured by that conservatism was about to drown beneath an impending “blue wave,” Republicans won every single close race.

Republicans also won all 26 races deemed “leaning or likely Republican,” and even picked up 7 of the 36 seats listed as “leaning or likely Democrat.”

Despite nearly unanimous predictions that Democrats would further cement control of the House, they now hold just a 218-204 advantage, with Republicans poised to pick up more seats, as they lead in 8 of the remaining 13 races.

Republican dominance in supposedly 50-50 districts is yet another reminder of just how wrong polls were in 2020, and how wrong they have been for some time. What should embarrass pollsters most, though, is not the fact that they were wrong, but how one-sided they were in the process.

Across the board, pollsters routinely underrepresented support for Republicans while falsely painting a picture of impending Democrat dominance. Are the American people supposed to think that it’s a coincidence that nearly every time a poll missed the mark in 2020 — which was often — it was in favor of Democrats?..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 12:06 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
Personally, I think that when voters aren't really too keen on the presidential candidates, they are more likely to split their ticket. They may have wanted to oust Trump, but not hands the reins of the government to 100% Democratic control either.

In 2016, I think no one expected Trump to win. I think you had voters assuming we'd have a Democratic President (Clinton) and a Republican House and Senate. But Trump eked out a win with 77,000 votes across WI, MI and PA. I think what we are seeing this time is simply a repeat of that mentality except the Democrat actually won the election this time around.

I know there are plenty of people on forums like these that would obviously want a Republican President/Senate/House or a Democratic President/Senate/House. However, a decent swath of America probably doesn't want one-party control. So, they split their ticket when they aren't too keen on the candidates.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:47 PM
bu2 bu2 started this thread

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Personally, I think that when voters aren't really too keen on the presidential candidates, they are more likely to split their ticket. They may have wanted to oust Trump, but not hands the reins of the government to 100% Democratic control either.

In 2016, I think no one expected Trump to win. I think you had voters assuming we'd have a Democratic President (Clinton) and a Republican House and Senate. But Trump eked out a win with 77,000 votes across WI, MI and PA. I think what we are seeing this time is simply a repeat of that mentality except the Democrat actually won the election this time around.

I know there are plenty of people on forums like these that would obviously want a Republican President/Senate/House or a Democratic President/Senate/House. However, a decent swath of America probably doesn't want one-party control. So, they split their ticket when they aren't too keen on the candidates.
I don't know if its true (you have to take anything with a grain of salt these days) but there were supposedly tens or hundreds of thousands of ballots with only Biden marked. So either the Democrats cheated with mass numbers on mail in ballots (easier to just mark 1 election) or there were a lot of people who didn't care about anything but beating Trump, or a combination of the two.

There were some odd patterns. The Democrat won Maine 2 and Trump won that district by a similar margin. The reverse was true in Nebraska 2. The Republican won the House race and Biden won by a similar margin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies