Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times

Advertisements

The age old debate as to whether we should force people to comply with some mandate or not. I'm pro-vax. There are anti-vax types on the fringes of both the left and right likely in equal numbers based on my observation.

That that communist utopia some lefties here aspire for, you simply take it or die I'd imagine. The populace would brainwashed into compliance by the state run propaganda outlets that you wouldn't have the problem of people resisting. That's ultimately the goal of all the elites.... to get the masses to stop resisting things and simply do as they're told.

I don't really have an opinion on this one except to say... people who don't want the vaccine should sign a waiver which says they get no health coverage for the associated illness if they get sick... they have to pay out of pocket... same with any other vaccine we typically give.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:01 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you get your immunization for covid, why in the name of God would you give a rat's rear end if someone else decides not to? Why should it matter to you? You are supposedly protected from getting covid at that point. A person who hasn't been immunized, should he or she contract covid, is NO threat to you at all. Zero. Nada. Nil.

So then, why the "concern"? First thing that comes to my mind is that you wish to control the actions of others, whether or not their actions affect you or not. So the guy dies... what's it to you?

I had a smallpox vaccine way back in the dark ages. I couldn't care less if you did or not. I'm protected. That's the extent of my authority. Myself.
Agreed. I don't get what the concern is if others don't get it.

Take care of you. That's all you can do.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
The sheer stupidity that exists in the world population is just mind boggling... the efforts of these heroic scientists who have tirelessly worked to get the mRNA vaccines working will all be in vain if these fools prevail. The vaccine is our only shot at getting ourselves out of this horrible mess and here we have a movement of imbeciles trying to throw a wrench into the solution...

If you got your vax and you are sporting your mask to virtue signal the world... Why in the hell would you worry about me, unless it is only a powertrip and you think I am someone's PROPERTY?

Old 11-18-2020, 08:29 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The age old debate as to whether we should force people to comply with some mandate or not. I'm pro-vax. There are anti-vax types on the fringes of both the left and right likely in equal numbers based on my observation.

That that communist utopia some lefties here aspire for, you simply take it or die I'd imagine. The populace would brainwashed into compliance by the state run propaganda outlets that you wouldn't have the problem of people resisting. That's ultimately the goal of all the elites.... to get the masses to stop resisting things and simply do as they're told.

I don't really have an opinion on this one except to say... people who don't want the vaccine should sign a waiver which says they get no health coverage for the associated illness if they get sick... they have to pay out of pocket... same with any other vaccine we typically give.
Should people also sign waivers if they buy Oreos and mountain dew and then get denied care if they have diabetes?

Old 11-18-2020, 08:39 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Unfortunately Democrats, especially Harris/Biden, played politics with Covid & the vaccine and they have scared people out of wanting to get the vaccine. They will have blood on their hands.
Remember Harris, "I wouldn't trust a Trump vaccine."

Old 11-18-2020, 08:54 PM

18,716 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Our new threat - the anti-vaxxers

They are only a threat to themselves.

Why worry about them?

Old 11-18-2020, 08:57 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,199,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Our new threat - the anti-vaxxers

They are only a threat to themselves.

Why worry about them?
Yeah... I don’t get it either. If they want to infect each other with corona, sad, but not my problem.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:03 PM

23,448 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
1. No one knows what's really in them
2. Vaccines don't take 8-9 measly months to make (legit ones). They take 5-10 years. Science has came a long ways but not THAT long. What are they using alien technology now?
3. This world is full of psycho CEOs that care more about a measly stock price than other people's health (Many already cashing out.. Tells me all I need to know about the "effectiveness" of this crap)
4. Make sure ALL politicians and Corporate executives are very first in line to get a new groundbreaking vaccine of their choice. Will They? HA!
5. How is this getting rushed through FDA and various other defense lines and distributed already?

I'm not anti-vaxx in general but these ones I sure as hell am. I'm not well steeped in the vaccination field, but I have common sense. This REAKS of corporate profit and malpractice
It's not like they're working from the ground up. They've been studying corona for more than 50 years trying to come up with a vaccine for the common cold. Sars has been around since about 2003, and most likely they've been studying that, too. They already know the basics of those two, the next step is dealing with the combined version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you get your immunization for covid, why in the name of God would you give a rat's rear end if someone else decides not to? Why should it matter to you? You are supposedly protected from getting covid at that point. A person who hasn't been immunized, should he or she contract covid, is NO threat to you at all. Zero. Nada. Nil.

So then, why the "concern"? First thing that comes to my mind is that you wish to control the actions of others, whether or not their actions affect you or not. So the guy dies... what's it to you?

I had a smallpox vaccine way back in the dark ages. I couldn't care less if you did or not. I'm protected. That's the extent of my authority. Myself.
This^

Maybe the OP doesn't want to take it and is hoping everyone else will take it so s/he doesn't have to.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:19 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,554,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

Yes their choices, their consequences.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:35 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
The sheer stupidity that exists in the world population is just mind boggling... the efforts of these heroic scientists who have tirelessly worked to get the mRNA vaccines working will all be in vain if these fools prevail. The vaccine is our only shot at getting ourselves out of this horrible mess and here we have a movement of imbeciles trying to throw a wrench into the solution...

Cry until the cows come home, NO ONE in my immediate family is getting the vaccine, not me not my wife not our 5 kids. You want it? BE MY GUEST! We are 100% anti vaccine and its amazing how healthy my kids stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies