Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 05:55 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,092,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is my thought. I do not deny that the Black American population is a minority of the U.S. population, but overrepresented in violent crime, and incarceration. What is bothersome for me are people whose only reason for talking about it is to justify their hatred/disdain for Black people. That is my perspective on race and crime. The statistics themselves do not paint a pretty picture. On the other hand, discussing this issue is made very difficult because of WHY some people want to talk about it. It's not so much about the statistics themselves. I've put up on previous threads the Black homicide rate in states like Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. I've mentioned it willingly. On the flip side, as a Black man, I am not comfortable discussing this topic with those who only bring up race and crime to justify their disdain for Black people.
" What is bothersome for me are people whose only reason for talking about it is to justify their hatred/disdain for Black people"

That incorrect perspective is why we CAN'T have honest meaningful discussions on the issue.

Your "Preconceived" position makes it much more difficult to have such HONEST conversions.

Old 11-22-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
They WON'T read it because it goes against their biased beliefs AND it mentions Trump's name!

"The True Statistics of Interracial crime
Data shows white Americans are far more often victims of interracial crime than black Americans. In 2018, The Bureau of Justice Statistics released their survey of criminal victimization, breaking down 593,598 interracial violence between blacks and whites. Blacks committed 537,204 of those interracial felonies, or 90 percent, and whites committed 56,394 of them, or less than 10 percent. This information directly contradicts the Democratic claim of Trump-inspired white violence. In 2012-13, then President Obama’s DOJ recorded that black Americans committed 85 percent of all interracial victimizations between blacks and whites; white Americans only committed 15 percent."

Old 11-22-2020, 06:06 AM

14,801 posts, read 17,622,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
They WON'T read it because it goes against their biased beliefs AND it mentions Trump's name!

"The True Statistics of Interracial crime
Data shows white Americans are far more often victims of interracial crime than black Americans. In 2018, The Bureau of Justice Statistics released their survey of criminal victimization, breaking down 593,598 interracial violence between blacks and whites. Blacks committed 537,204 of those interracial felonies, or 90 percent, and whites committed 56,394 of them, or less than 10 percent. This information directly contradicts the Democratic claim of Trump-inspired white violence. In 2012-13, then President Obama’s DOJ recorded that black Americans committed 85 percent of all interracial victimizations between blacks and whites; white Americans only committed 15 percent."
The far left hates the truth and willfully ignores it or manufactures false information in an attempt to create alternative narratives.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:54 AM

26,346 posts, read 14,957,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
The far left hates the truth and willfully ignores it or manufactures false information in an attempt to create alternative narratives.
The left and the media play up any white on black crime and downplay or ignore black on white crime. This is a form of lying as it creates a false impression.

People are learning to think that whites run around committing crimes against minorities and it leads many to resent whites and many whites to resent themselves. My students think whites run around in large numbers killing blacks. An interview with BLM protestors showed that the average BLM protestor thought that for every time a black killed a white, 50 whites killed a black.

The fact that blacks are ~13% of the population but commit ~90% of the interracial violence shows that the media and left have successfully pushed a lie on the American public.

The left demands that we have this conversation and then demands that we can't bring up facts. That we play into their false reality. It is all very Orwellian.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:59 AM

724 posts, read 499,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I also cannot fathom why you seem to insist that I think so highly of myself"

And THAT is the problem. You DON'T see it.

Where exactly is the post I supposedly wrote in which I stated and/or implied that I think I'm oh so smart/think oh so highly of myself ?

Old 11-23-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
Where exactly is the post I supposedly wrote in which I stated and/or implied that I think I'm oh so smart/think oh so highly of myself ?
It is the attitude in most of your posts.

Old 11-23-2020, 04:47 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,695,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
As I see it, all races have their bad element, but the distinction with the black population is that unlike all the other races, the majority of the black community embraces their bad.

All the other races shun their bad element. Blacks will riot and loot any time one of their own gets the blunt end of the police. Even though whites get a higher percentage of cop justice they do not riot and loot...they have the attitude that the thug got what they were looking for.

I've seen a black grandmother complain about her grandson getting shot by the police by saying: :He ain't do nuffin wrong 'cept shoot a cop!" Excuse me...?

Another girl...sister of the thug said: " How else he gonna git his money?" when complaining her brother got killed by an elderly homeowner during his home invasion thievery. Seriously? THAT's the attitude? No wonder they commit the majority of crime...their own relatives and community tell them it's okay to do just that!
I honestly think you’re lying and using this as excuse of resentment for black people.

Old 11-23-2020, 04:51 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,695,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I don't support random profiling.

However, the police are constantly looking for suspects described as young black male, which makes them pay more attention to them.

Police also have to police more in high crime areas and that too often means black neighborhoods. One can't see the massive crime disparity of a group and then be shocked if they get more police attention.

Leftists look at bad police outcomes versus whites and blacks and shriek racism, while refusing to look at the higher crime rate and higher resisting arrest rates.

Leftists then ignore the fact that the gap between Asians and whites is bigger in terms of bad police outcomes. Are police racist in favor of Asians? Or does it go back to crime and resisting arrest rates?

The gap between men and women is also bigger than the gap between whites and blacks with bad police outcomes. Are cops sexist against men?

The gap between young men and old men is also bigger than the gap between whites and blacks.
But it’s not just blacks and whites.

One can look at Native Americans and see the same massive disparity in homicide, arrests, and crime, but you’ll ignore them and bring up Asian Americans as if other groups with generally high incarceration rates don’t exist.

Old 11-23-2020, 04:54 AM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
In light of some recent threads concerning the topic , I thought I'd fire up one of my own for the purpose of condensing my own thoughts on the matter .

So first of all I think the way data collection regarding the subject is done in this country is completely ridiculous , because it fails to take into consideration the huge class differences within a race with respect to this issue when comparing rates between different races ...

In other words were a proper study to be done , I'd bet an eighth ( or maybe even a quarter ) of my paycheck that one would find that the crime rate for lower/working class men of all races is fairly similar when compared to middle class men of all races , and so on up the line .

For example if one were to line up the white lower/working class boys and their black counterparts from my graduating year and go over their rap sheets , then you'd find that they would be much closer to each other than their middle class varieties of both racial counterparts .

Of course there would be major differences with respect to types of crime committed ( with the white boys leading the charge with respect to assault/violent crime and the black boys leading the charge with respect to drug offenses ) but said differences ( IMHO ) can be attributed to the different criminal cultural styles if you will , that exist between various races .

A topic that would take a whole different thread unto itself , yet suffice to say that certain racial/ethnic categories in this country have developed ( typically ) lower/working class criminal subcultures that exalt distinct criminal archetypes , two of which I'll be briefly fleshing out below .

One is the streetwise money making hustler , more prominent among White Ethnic ( Irish , Italian , Polish , etc. ) and Black American criminal , and the other more prominent among Old Stock ( for purposes of this discussion basically redneck ) White American and Hispanic criminals is the badass outlaw warrior .

Streetwise money making hustlers are pretty much money making oriented criminals , whereas badass outlaw warriors are pretty much action or muscle power oriented criminals , with the distinction perhaps seeming meaningless but still important as I'll describe below .

After all when one compares the Italian American Mafia ( representing White Ethnics ) and any of the sophisticated Black American drug syndicates ( like Rick Ross's organization ) to the Aryan Brotherhood or La Eme , then what are the two big differences one can immediately notice ?

One ( the Mafia and Black drug syndicates ) rules with brains/business finesse , while the other ( the AB and La Eme ) rules through fear via their propensity to dish out brutal violence .

Of course one aspect doesn't cancel the other , but the point is I highly doubt that one can dispute that LCN families and Black drug syndicates have derived much of their power from their knowledge of knowing how to game the system/play the angles , whereas the AB and La Eme have always mainly relied on the fact of inspiring sheer terror through their use of brutal violence .

These differences can be attributed to the specific cultural values the criminal subcultures from which these organizations have sprung forth from , as opposed to any intrinsic racial difference IMHO .

I could go on , but for the sake of brevity I'll continue on in my next post where I'll delve into why I think the Asian crime rate in this country is underreported and thus artificially low , as well as my thoughts on common non gang affiliated criminals of all races .
Brevity? I thought I had started "War and Peace".

Old 11-23-2020, 05:06 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Blacks didn't make up a disproportionate amount of violent criminals in the first half of the 1900s like they do today.
Do you have evidence for this? National crime records aren't good pre-1950. But I've data from individual cities showing very high black crime rates even back to the 19th century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.