Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 08:06 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times

Advertisements

Look - all you libs do whatever you want. Stay inside, wear masks while you drive in your car, hide in your basements, whatever.....I'm fine with that. Just don't expect everyone to do what you do. People know the risks, and if they're willing to take them, so be it. IF they end up dead, it's on them. Why do you care? You don't like conservatives anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 08:11 AM

1,253 posts, read 502,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I wish the FL governor had the backbone to suspend air travel to FL from TX and other hot-spots.
As a Florida native and resident, I am so thankful how our great Governor has handled everything. I did not vote for him, but he has won me over.

Old 11-23-2020, 08:50 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Look - all you libs do whatever you want. Stay inside, wear masks while you drive in your car, hide in your basements, whatever.....I'm fine with that. Just don't expect everyone to do what you do. People know the risks, and if they're willing to take them, so be it. IF they end up dead, it's on them. Why do you care? You don't like conservatives anyway...
Meanwhile in Ft. Lauderdale a bar was shut down because people were not abiding by CDC guidelines. From what I read they will stay closed until they comply. People can take whatever risks they want. But their options may be limited as to where they can take those risks.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:07 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Meanwhile in Ft. Lauderdale a bar was shut down because people were not abiding by CDC guidelines. From what I read they will stay closed until they comply. People can take whatever risks they want. But their options may be limited as to where they can take those risks.
The CDC shut them down?

Old 11-23-2020, 09:18 AM

130 posts, read 77,221 times
Cant the GOV overturn that and tell them they can re-open??

Old 11-23-2020, 09:24 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
And 3 MILLION already didn’t listen and took planes so far. . Well never get this under control. Too many dingbat Americans

Old 11-23-2020, 09:28 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
My mother died in the emergency room because there were no ICU beds available for 180 miles. They were all full of COVID patients.

So I care because other people's foolish choices affected someone I love.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:41 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
My mother died in the emergency room because there were no ICU beds available for 180 miles. They were all full of COVID patients.

So I care because other people's foolish choices affected someone I love.
They don't care.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:45 AM

811 posts, read 888,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
As a Florida native and resident, I am so thankful how our great Governor has handled everything. I did not vote for him, but he has won me over.
I lived in Florida for four months over the Summer before my company went bankrupt and I have to say, DeSantis is an awesome Governor. Any State would be lucky to have him, as he speaks common sense and doesn’t spread mass hysteria across the State.

Florida has been a success story for handling the Covid pandemic. Unfortunately where I am at now in Ohio, we are stuck with a terrible Governor who just wants to shut things down without any recourse for the mass unemployment and job loss along with poverty that would follow.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:51 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The CDC shut them down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcnghm View Post
Cant the GOV overturn that and tell them they can re-open??
They shut themselves down after receiving three citations over the course of 6 hours on Saturday and one on Friday. As it turns out, it is very difficult for staff to enforce social distancing and mask wearing requirements with huge group of young drunk people. They were also supposed to install plexiglass at the bars but had not. They have decided to stay shut down until they can operate normally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies