Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2020, 10:07 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
So, Trump should have used the National Security Threat card and locked everyone in their homes, from coast-to-coast, and called on the military to enforce it?

People are doing what they want to do, independent (anarchy) in thought on the situation, the only way to combat that, is through the use of force.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
People are being motivated by political power, not market pressure.

Political power is force. Market pressure is capitalism.

Surely you can see that Trump’s approach to COVID was political in spirit despite less intrusive direct force?

Do you think he or Emperor Cuomo have done all they’ve done regarding this mess, two completely different approaches, for the sake of the market or individual rights?

C’mon man! To quote Mumbles.
When I was a child and I was behaving in a manner that my grandmother did not like she would say to me --- 'you're only doing that because so-in-so, acts that way and they have influenced you'.

The problem that I had with her assessment is she was virtually saying that I did not have a brain and therefore I could not think for myself and I required others to do my thinking for me.

You are looking at the anarchist in the same way.

Quote:
Surely you can see that Trump’s approach to COVID was political in spirit despite less intrusive direct force?
The man literally thinks the office of the WH, is a joke and has all his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 11:51 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
To put this in context, a typical high school has around 2,000 students. If 0.1% of the students died, that would be two students. Now imagine that two students from every public high school in the country died. That's 18,000 schools, for a total of 36,000 students, not including private or home-schooled students.

Maybe you can blow off losing 36,000 people. Maybe you don't work in an environment where you interact with thousands of other people every day. But I can tell you that losing two students to COVID out of every student body in the country would make an impact on each and every school. Two empty desks in classes spread throughout the building during the school-day. Two empty seats in the cafeteria. Two members of extracurricular activities ranging from the arts to robotics to vocational clubs to athletics no longer a part of something greater. Two empty seats at graduation, this year or in years to come for those kids who never get to walk across the stage to pick up their diplomas.

Most people can empathize when they see others go through a situation in which they could imagine themselves. And maybe the lack of imagination is intentional, a defense mechanism that keeps one from accepting in his heart that "There but for the grace of God, go I." I think I'm being charitable in calling the absence of empathy a lack of imagination. I'd rather not say what I really think it is.
maybe if you used accurate #'s (for example a total of 117 0-17 have died), and pondered them in comparison to teen suicides, reckless car deaths, drug & alcohol deaths.

But yes, it is true that "There but for the grace of God go I"

Old 11-20-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
No, it’s not.

Trumpers/Republicans simply listened to Trump to spite Democrats. They just went federal as opposed to state which is odd considering they have traditionally been about “states’ rights”.

They are literally dying to score political points.
I must admit, you've lost me. All I can say is that I have social distanced appropriately and all the R's I know have as well.

Old 11-20-2020, 12:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
When I was a child and I was behaving in a manner that my grandmother did not like she would say to me --- 'you're only doing that because so-in-so, acts that way and they have influenced you'.

The problem that I had with her assessment is she was virtually saying that I did not have a brain and therefore I could not think for myself and I required others to do my thinking for me.

You are looking at the anarchist in the same way.
What anarchists? Where?

There's like a total of 23 of us total in the whole country, on a good day.

You have to admit that the vast majority of folks who aren't following the science are doing so because of a political bent. Team Blue bad, science aligns with Team Blue's political stance on this issue for the most part, and so I ignore science to spite Team Blue because I'm a Trumper. It's that simple. They aren't apolitical...they're Republicans/Trumpers.

AnCaps strongly strive for an apolitical society especially in the realm of science. I'm not validating the legitimacy of the CDC, FDA, or the State by looking at what they're doing and then thinking on my own knowing they are political organizations first and foremost...then I reach my own conclusion. That's not what is being done here overall though. People are walking through stores purposely coughing on others for God's sake.

Of course they have every right in the world to do as they wish as long as the uphold the non-aggression principle and property rights. No government has the right to mandate anything.

I just find it fascinating that so many statists are getting sick and dying in the name of political spite. It's their right to do so. I just hope they aren't taking any innocents with them and there's the rub: the coughing on others, not wearing masks when the property owner mandates it, etc.

Ya know, just because Team Blue says there are 456 million genders and recycling a soda can will "save the planet" for billions upon billions of years doesn't mean I purposely go out and pollute the earth or demand they claim there are only 2 genders. They're insane and since I have no political bent I just let it go on their faulty science on those issues. Same deal here: Trumpers/Republicans want to pretend that washing your hands is overrated and Covid is a hoax...fine...you're insane too.

As always, just uphold the NAP and respect property rights.

Old 11-20-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I must admit, you've lost me. All I can say is that I have social distanced appropriately and all the R's I know have as well.
Nah, it's primarily Republicans/Trumpers fighting off the scientific recommendations. Team Blue is pretty compliant with the exception of its overlords: Queen Nancy, Emperor Cuomo, Prince NewSCUM, etc.

Trump put it the heads of his minions that if you wash your heads, socially distance, or wear a mask you're making a political statement.

Just like how the SJWs claim if you throw out a soda can or refer to someone by a pronoun they don't like you're making a political statement.

No, moronic statists, I'm just not insane like you. Reason and logic guide my actions...not political points.

Old 11-20-2020, 12:23 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Nah, it's primarily Republicans/Trumpers fighting off the scientific recommendations. Team Blue is pretty compliant with the exception of its overlords: Queen Nancy, Emperor Cuomo, Prince NewSCUM, etc.

Trump put it the heads of his minions that if you wash your heads, socially distance, or wear a mask you're making a political statement.

Just like how the SJWs claim if you throw out a soda can or refer to someone by a pronoun they don't like you're making a political statement.

No, moronic statists, I'm just not insane like you. Reason and logic guide my actions...not political points.
More lies. President Trump recommended all those things. He even criticized the Republican governor of Georgia for loosening restrictions too early. But you are too brainwashed to remember that.

People started ignoring it all for two reasons:
1) They got tired of it by late May, especially young people of all political persuasions.
2) Extremist governors undermined any credibility anyone had. They ignored it themselves and then encouraged people to do mass protests which violated all protocols. Those who pushed hardest for extreme measures then said it was all nonsense if you ignored it for a good cause.

Conservatives are less willing to let government tell them what to do. And they likely weren't at the protests so they weren't blinded by ideology from seeing the hypocrisy of the lockdown governors.

Old 11-20-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
More lies. President Trump recommended all those things. He even criticized the Republican governor of Georgia for loosening restrictions too early. But you are too brainwashed to remember that.

People started ignoring it all for two reasons:
1) They got tired of it by late May, especially young people of all political persuasions.
2) Extremist governors undermined any credibility anyone had. They ignored it themselves and then encouraged people to do mass protests which violated all protocols. Those who pushed hardest for extreme measures then said it was all nonsense if you ignored it for a good cause.

Conservatives are less willing to let government tell them what to do. And they likely weren't at the protests so they weren't blinded by ideology from seeing the hypocrisy of the lockdown governors.
Team Blue was being consistent with their doctrine on the protests. You always virtue signal as your highest priority. That's why they were "allowed" to riot and push the restrictions envelope. Their ultimate science is that of feelings and virtue signaling.

Team Red has played off that for the most part. Trump's whole M.O. has been "Here's what's on my website, but here's what I really mean...wink wink". That's called reverse psychology and doing what the government wants you to do, ultimately, if you consider Trump part of the government.

Quit playing coy. He did it for political posturing and to fire up his base. It worked too. They had to cheat him to get the WH from his Orange hands.

Old 11-20-2020, 12:32 PM

445 posts, read 167,960 times
Hopefully the South Dakoata govenor isn't as dumb as the North Dakoata govenor and ignores the liberal horse crap.

Old 11-20-2020, 12:40 PM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Before everyone continues blaming the OTHER party for being the problem you should look at these numbers.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6941e1.htm

In short, while the right has more of the "covid is not big deal" no mask etc. types, it's young people that are mostly left that are the ones spreading the disease around much more vigorously than the older voters by not isolating etc.

There are tons of news articles, coverage etc. like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xM9r0Y4FM8

Old 11-20-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:

ok, so the point that Republicans are literally sacrificing themselves ... is there some stat on this? I mean, even if you go by Red v Blue state, it's hard to tell who is dying/getting sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies