Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 02:30 PM

24,480 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

Thanksgiving and Christmas are not worth it this year and it has nothing to with the Covid.

What do we have to be thankful for when democracy died this past election day with the cheating and Jesus has been shown the door by the anarchists on the streets and the people that support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2020, 02:45 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Thanksgiving and Christmas are not worth it this year and it has nothing to with the Covid.

What do we have to be thankful for when democracy died this past election day with the cheating and Jesus has been shown the door by the anarchists on the streets and the people that support them.
Speaking of Jesus(im not all that religious and don’t really believe this article, but it is weird):
https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could...l-predictions/

Old 11-19-2020, 02:48 PM

5,957 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
The United States is having an explosion in cases this year with cases topping over 100k per day. Hospitals are being overran, and many states are running out of beds. Simply put, the virus is out of control. Now here is the issue for the Holiday season if people are determined to celebrate those Holidays with large families.
1) A massive increase in travel will expand the virus across the United States. As a result more states and areas will be infected.
2) Hospital beds are running out in many states, and the need to triage patients or deny treatment may be put into place.
3) Cold and flu season has started and will also spread along with the coronavirus. In 2019 alone, over 400k people were hospitalized from the flu. That means hundreds of thousands beds will not be available for COVID patients because they are treating people with the flu.
This is why the scientific community is warning people not to go out for the Holidays. It is to prevent the system from collapsing, not some deep state takeover.
So nobody has invited you over for the Holidays ,shame ,just like last year.

Old 11-19-2020, 02:48 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,174,665 times
I think it's still possible to enjoy the holidays without parties and lots of people. I guess i feel lucky that i'm an introvert.

Old 11-19-2020, 02:55 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Do what's best for you.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:08 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Another Karen panicked over a virus with a mortality rate of less than 0.5%

Do yourself a favor and turn off your television.
Did you miss the part about hospitals already being overrun? Let's see how well you like it when you need to go to the hospital for some other kind of emergency and at best, they stick you out in a hallway waiting 24-36 hours before a doctor sees you?

Old 11-19-2020, 03:12 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
"Why Thanksgiving and Christmas are not worth it this year" is a determination that you are free to make for yourself but that I will not allow you to make for me and my family. Thankfully I live in a state that is mostly taking a hands off approach, so I am free to make my own decisions.
Oh, a state that lets adults think for themselves! Don't let that secret out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Well, that is gloomy! The election is not over, and they always cheat, just not to this great of extend. As far as "Jesus", I won't go there. But, have faith in the system until it is proven a failure, as election fraud is being investigated, and I think looking promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
So nobody has invited you over for the Holidays ,shame ,just like last year.
The sad thing is that during the early part of the pandemic (plandemic), medications for psychological medications went up 30%. Suicides skyrocketed as people could not deal with the isolation, although some of that 30% in drugs for depression and anxiety have a side effect of possible suicide. MSM is playing them, and trying to play us all. They are trying to distract from what is going on politically, and many aren't buying it. I just cannot imagine locking myself away after reading everything available on the internet early on regarding the "plandemic". This won't be the last one, and if we don't take back normal soon, it will be gone. Other than these Democratic states/cities, I think most people are relaxed about the situation and going on with their lives. We should always take some precautions against becoming ill anyway.

Believing what the CDC says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Do what's best for you.
Many are trying unless they live in one of the states that is not allowing it, and even then, many are rebelling. Most of the Dem governors want a position in the fictional Biden administration, thus they want to show that they can bully the residents to make an impression that they would be a good fit for his fictional administration.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:12 PM

8,754 posts, read 5,050,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Not changing plans. Flying to my Thanksgiving vacation Saturday. Leaving laptop and unplugging from this non-sense. Mountains, Fishing , Beer, and skiing awaits me . I will let you know if I survived.
Now that sounds pretty safe to me. Enjoy!

Old 11-19-2020, 03:43 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
This sounds more like our state despot, Jay Inslee, who decided to prohibit family gatherings within households because it might spread covid 19. The fatality rate for the coronavirus in the United States is 2.2%.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Canceling Thanksgiving and Christmas because you have a very small chance of dying from covid would be like never crossing the street again because you might get hit by a car.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:47 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,067,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
I will not change my life style during these holidays. I will visit my family and celebrate as normal as possible. If im out in public will wear my mask but in doors no mask.
I will go about my business as usual taking precautions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies