Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 09:41 PM

1,109 posts, read 745,272 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if they even read their own articles.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2020, 10:01 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
"Fact checking" is the new method of editorialising by the left. In this example even the premise they are supposedly checking is false.

Their readers lap this stuff up and it becomes truth. This is gaslighting.

Some on here even admit they won't read anything unless it has been approved as a suitable source by a "bias checker".

How far can a society devolve before they realise it's 1984?

Old 11-19-2020, 10:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
The poster needs to reread. Smartmatic and Dominion are clearly not the same companies. He's looking for things between the lines not even there. It also seems he didn't bother to read between his red and blue lines.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:28 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
No surprise, when the fact checkers go to great lengths to explain why their favored party did no wrong instead of just stating the facts

Old 11-20-2020, 04:39 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The poster needs to reread. Smartmatic and Dominion are clearly not the same companies. He's looking for things between the lines not even there. It also seems he didn't bother to read between his red and blue lines.
Both sides are tap dancing with facts, not to mention the concept “corporate ties” is extremely broad and therefore open to interpretation. Fact checking is often a misnomer, it’s like they just can’t help tossing a little slant in the mix because they are so intent of explaining it instead of just bullet listing raw facts for your own interpretation, and this is no exception.

Regardless, hopefully the biggest take away everyone gets from this election is that we need some serious election reform, especially if we are going to insist voting in person is just asking too great a sacrifice or its too much of a bother. Whether there was actually fraud or no fraud is not really the debate, There has been proof this has happened in the past and Lord know there have been plenty of anecdotal, but credible, stories of probable past steals. No, the real question is more about where on the range it falls. There is a big difference between your typical independent bad actors that have as their goal very limited to no impact on just local elections, let alone on the national election and the deliberate systematic fraud designed to significantly alter multiple and/or the national election, including the presidency.

One thing I will tell you for certain, the good old adage “because of stringent signature checking you can be assured mail-in ballots are legitimate” that was held out as irrefutable truth will never cut it again with a large portion of the population.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:12 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
EVERYONE should be concerned about any potential shenanigans within our election system, ESPECIALLY if it may involve foreign actors, and ESPECIALLY if it may affect machines in wide use around the country.

This transcends politics.

I don't understand the people fighting against finding out what's going on with this, or with any of the issues which have been brought up post-election.

Unadulterated elections are the CORNERSTONE of our republic. If we can't trust our elections, we have no nation. Believing that the system functions as intended, even with all it's problems, is what makes a country. Take that belief away - and we're almost to that point now - and the nation falls apart. The only thing which can hold it together at that point is a heavy handed authoritarian regime, e.g. NoKo.

I'm saddened, but not surprised, that so many are treating all this like the other surface level political bs they bicker about every day. This is SO not that, but they can't see the difference, I guess.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:21 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
EVERYONE should be concerned about any potential shenanigans within our election system, ESPECIALLY if it may involve foreign actors, and ESPECIALLY if it may affect machines in wide use around the country.

This transcends politics.

I don't understand the people fighting against finding out what's going on with this, or with any of the issues which have been brought up post-election.

Unadulterated elections are the CORNERSTONE of our republic. If we can't trust our elections, we have no nation. Believing that the system functions as intended, even with all it's problems, is what makes a country. Take that belief away - and we're almost to that point now - and the nation falls apart. The only thing which can hold it together at that point is a heavy handed authoritarian regime, e.g. NoKo.

I'm saddened, but not surprised, that so many are treating all this like the other surface level political bs they bicker about every day. This is SO not that, but they can't see the difference, I guess.
That makes two of us. It is absolutely crucial that these issues be resolved prior to 2022 and “fact checks” like these do not help in the least. Right now a huge chunk of America has lost faith in our elections and, news flash, it’s not just people who voted for Trump. This is a critical non-partisan issue.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:23 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
https://elamerican.com/dominion-the-...tions/?lang=en

This goes through the history of Smartmatic, and it is rather long, but in short:

"Court documents unearthed at the time revealed that Smartmatic still retained much of the financial control of Sequoia. Smartmatic also continued to retain, due to the contract signed, ownership of the rights to some of the products that Sequoia had deployed throughout the United States. In fact, Sequoia’s CEO at the time was Jack Blaine, who had been an executive at Smartmatic."

"Finally, pressure was applied and the owners of Sequoia, who had been exposed shortly before, sold the company on June 4, 2010. The buyer, this time, was a small Canadian company that manufactures electronic voting equipment and optical scanners: Dominion Voting Systems."

"That day the Canadian company not only bought Sequoia, but also acquired all the software and technological development that Smartmatic had patented and which the controversial company linked to Chavismo still owned."

So, that is the history. I know Biden's bullies aren't into history, but it is important.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:27 AM

5,318 posts, read 3,204,475 times
The bigger concern, to me, is that the people yelling "FRAUD" the loudest are the people lacking basic comprehension skills in addition to an inability to use Google to clarify unclear items.

Now, I will say that CNN could have done a better job explaining that Smartmatic is not Dominion. At the end of the day, it is the responsibility of the user to say "hmmm the article is using two different names, let me Google and see if they are related or not".

Secondly providing a service to a third party does not mean they have "corporate ties" to the Clinton Foundation. The Clinton Foundation does the heavy lifting in emerging third world countries, Dominion simply provides the service.

Nobody can take you seriously if you won't even take a moment of time to think about what you're posting.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:31 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
After four years of trying to take Trump down by any means, this is the perfect scheme to get Trump out. They had four years of any means to an end. We know Obama had communists all around him . CNN hires Van Jones an avowed communist who has been a communist since the early nineties when he founded the communist organization called "STORM" .

Van Jones was found out and Obama let him go and CNN picked him up .They like communists. Brennan voted for a communist. Obama was a radical communist in college. The democrats want power and they will work with anyone, communists, globalists, communist China, dictators, anyone to get Trump out. It is not Trump per say. It could have been anyone , they want power and Trump was too good a president and was changing our country away from the globalists, and the communist big government , so this was the worst kind of president that actually put the interests back to the people. the elitists had to brainwash all those that watched MSM.. and how they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies