Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 05:45 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times

Advertisements

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny...clq-story.html

I know probably 70% of the people on this board call her "mad cow" and mock her, but I'm posting it in case any of them have empathy for her as a fellow human being.

She's been off the air for two weeks and I'd heard she was quarantining because she's been exposed to Covid. She broadcasted last night from her home and revealed that her partner of 21 years has it. It was apparently a very bad case and they thought she might die. She is on the mend now thankfully.

Her words about the love she has for her partner and the fact that you might not worry about getting it yourself but having to watch the person you love more than anything suffer was so much worse were incredibly moving.

We are hopefully within six months of having a vaccine widely available that could bring us back to some semblance of normalcy in this country. Let's try to band together and get through the holidays as safely as possible. It's going to be a rough winter but hopefully a promising spring.

Be well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 05:46 AM

7,342 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Well they both were clearly not following the rules like social distancing and mask wearing. That is what happens when you don't follow the science.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:50 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
I can imagine the hate from her if this was to happen to someone like Hannity.

She probably got it going out to dinner with Governor Cuomo or Newsom.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:04 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I actually think she quite off mentally and I would doubt the entire story. If it’s true I would wish her the best. She’s a terrible, tabloid, fake journalist.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:00 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
If her warnings help prevent cases/hospitalizations/deaths then good for her. And good for for her and her partner that they believe the worst is behind them.

she might have done more good if she provided any details of how they know/think her partner contracted the virus.

You do more good when you say "Hey, we screwed up and attended a party and weren't wearing masks. And it turns out somebody was sick 2 days later, and she probably got it from them."

or even

"We have no idea. She was cautious with masks, distancing, washing. It goes to show you cannot completely avoid it."

but when you expose your own emotional issues, and claim "she was about to die" when you never went to the hospital, say there's "no place for you at the hospital", and essentially admonish everyone else without acknowledging your own deficiencies, leftist lectures don't sit very well.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:05 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I actually think she quite off mentally and I would doubt the entire story. If it’s true I would wish her the best. She’s a terrible, tabloid, fake journalist.
Agree. I do think she has some mental health issues, and seems like the unhappiest person on TV when I have seen her. Angry, vile and unhappy. It is her life, and if that how she wants to spent it, fine with me. I have only seen her a few times in passing, just "yuck"!

Old 11-20-2020, 07:23 AM

1,253 posts, read 502,471 times
Maddow should try showing love for people who are not Democrats if she wants people to show her love. Just saying. You get what you give.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:34 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
With her, its hard to say if its real emotion or just BS like she spews every day. I'd doubt its real and she certainly used it for her own purposes. 95% BS probability. So many have been exposed to Covid and had it and had no symptoms so... its not a big deal unless you were seriously ill with it.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:37 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Did she admit that masks don’t work?

Old 11-20-2020, 07:46 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Trump possibly faked having COVID after calling it a hoax.

Maddow may be spinning yarns for personal gain too.

It’s what Marxists do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies