Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 02:12 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I didn't ask for recounts in 2016 and begrudgingly accepted the results.

You did not ask for a recount, because it was such a blow out.

Quote:
As for the question, it is entirely irrelevant to the fact i called out your hypocrisy.

No, it's very relevant, did you call out hillary for not? Yes, that is hypocrisy. Congrats.

Quote:
That is why I didn't answer it. Trying to say I'm a hypocrite doesn't negate me accusing you Trump supporters of being them.

You did not answer, because if you did, you'd have to tell the truth. Yes, I'm a trump supporter, so what?

Quote:
Now you answer, if Biden was an alleged victim of all you say would you want a recount or would tell his support the will of the people and accept the results of the election.

I would let the courts decide, just as trump is doing. Especially if there was as many anomalies that have gone on in this election.

You still have not answered my question, now answer (as I did your question), or your credibility is useless....

Did hillary say the word concede in 2016?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 02:15 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
None of the states cited in the post stopped counting votes altogether on Nov. 3.

Election officials in Fulton County, Ga., briefly paused counting ballots after a pipe burst at a facility in Atlanta. North Carolina stopped counting in-person votes once 100% of precincts were reported, but the state is still counting absentee ballots.

Delays in election results are due to an influx of mail-in ballots, spurred by the coronavirus pandemic.
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ting-votes-el/
That's one state - Georgia. (I heard it was a toilet somewhere that sprung a leak.) North Carolina stopped counting the in-person votes, but who said they could just stop and count mail-in's the next day? When was THAT decided?

As far as the others, "the influx of mail-in ballots" was ALREADY known. Why didn't they have a midnight shift come in? Or why didn't they announce, ahead of time, that they would count until midnight (or whenever), and then come back and complete the task the next day? NOPE. They saw that Trump was ahead, panicked, and shut down.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:16 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You did not ask for a recount, because it was such a blow out.

No, it's very relevant, did you call out hillary for not? Yes, that is hypocrisy. Congrats.

You did not answer, because if you did, you'd have to tell the truth. Yes, I'm a trump supporter, so what?

I would let the courts decide, just as trump is doing. Especially if there was as many anomalies that have gone on in this election.

You still have not answered my question, now answer (as I did your question), or your credibility is useless....

Did hillary say the word concede in 2016?
Not clear. But she absolutely made a classical concede speech shortly after the vote. So yes she clearly conceded whether she used the exact word or not.

Your quibbling semantics are simply an attempt at distraction.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's one state - Georgia. (I heard it was a toilet somewhere that sprung a leak.) North Carolina stopped counting the in-person votes, but who said they could just stop and count mail-in's the next day? When was THAT decided?

As far as the others, "the influx of mail-in ballots" was ALREADY known. Why didn't they have a midnight shift come in? Or why didn't they announce, ahead of time, that they would count until midnight (or whenever), and then come back and complete the task the next day? NOPE. They saw that Trump was ahead, panicked, and shut down.
You ask for the facts and then decline to read them. The others did not stop. Which is the point.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:28 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
You ask for the facts and then decline to read them. The others did not stop. Which is the point.
Yes, the others did stop. Stopping counting "mail-ins" with the announcement that they'll pick up tomorrow is STOPPING.

Listen. Almost HALF the voters think that Biden, should he, G-d forbid, get in, is an illegitimate president. And although I can pretty much guarantee you that conservatives won't start rioting and destroying property the way the leftists do, he will be a completely ineffective president. He can barely get a sentence out, even reading off the teleprompter, without garbling it.

Lord save us.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Not clear. But she absolutely made a classical concede speech shortly after the vote. So yes she clearly conceded whether she used the exact word or not.

Your quibbling semantics are simply an attempt at distraction.

Extremely clear.

No no, she never said that word, period end of story. She made a useless speech, that meant nothing, so no, whatever speech you are thinking about she never conceded. Did she realize she lost yes.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, the others did stop. Stopping counting "mail-ins" with the announcement that they'll pick up tomorrow is STOPPING.

Listen. Almost HALF the voters think that Biden, should he, G-d forbid, get in, is an illegitimate president. And although I can pretty much guarantee you that conservatives won't start rioting and destroying property the way the leftists do, he will be a completely ineffective president. He can barely get a sentence out, even reading off the teleprompter, without garbling it.

Lord save us.
Kindly read the cite...First line in the summary...

None of the states cited in the post stopped counting votes altogether on Nov. 3.
None means none...

Old 11-21-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Extremely clear.

No no, she never said that word, period end of story. She made a useless speech, that meant nothing, so no, whatever speech you are thinking about she never conceded. Did she realize she lost yes.
I suspect that in the period after the 2016 election Hilary said many things. And neither you nor anyone else can assert that she never said "concede" You simply do not know of such an utterance.

But she made the classical concession speech offering cooperation and a wish for a successful Presidency to Trump. Much more than the word "concede"

Old 11-21-2020, 02:43 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,200 times
Quote:
Extremely clear.

What do you think a concession is? Making a statement where you make sure to use that specific word so people know you mean it? Sign a paper? She made a concession speech.

It's just a formality in the end, not even an actual requirement as part of the process. She did do it. Trump could never even say any sort of concession speech ever and he will still end his presidency on Jan 21st.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I suspect that in the period after the 2016 election Hilary said many things. And neither you nor anyone else can assert that she never said "concede" You simply do not know of such an utterance.

Oh, o.k., lets play, since you like to play words. When did hillary, on the ole TV set say she conceded? By your thinking, trump has also conceded, since we don't know what he says off the TV.

Quote:
But she made the classical concession speech offering cooperation and a wish for a successful Presidency to Trump. Much more than the word "concede"

She made a pitiful poor me speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies