Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 06:39 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,279,142 times

Advertisements

I'm apprehensive for all of us. Because we as a nation have failed to control the spread of disease, we're all going to see friends and family get sick and (hopefully not) die.

Two friends in my close circle were diagnosed this month; both have . One was sick for about two weeks - she'd had surgery in early October and needed a negative Covid test to go back to work. She was shocked when she got a positive test, because she hadn't been anywhere for a month and had no symptoms. She started feeling it a couple days later. The other just got a positive test earlier this week. I'm worried about her because she has a few big risk factors.

I'm worried about other friends who are nurses, doctors, health technicians. I'm worried about the older members of my family, especially those that aren't taking the pandemic seriously.

I'm worried about friends and family whose livelihoods have been impacted. My sister lost her job. I haven't been impacted economically, but that's not out of the question. You never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
All I know is that we're back in lock down mode again, and people's quality of life is in the chitter. COVID is not a hoax obviously, but it's blown way out of proportion.
How is that, exactly?

Quote:
Just sad, especially at this time of the year which should be all about family and friends, and large festive gatherings.
Yeah, it's going to suck. But so does being on a ventilator. Your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 06:46 PM

17,461 posts, read 14,691,657 times
Not concerned for me personally. I'll only wear a mask if I'm required by the business I'm in.

What I am concerned for it's the hundreds of thousands of people who now have PTSD over this.

I'm concerned for the kids who've been pulled out of school when it's been proved that the infection rate in schools is FAR less than the general public.

As an aside, people should be less concerned w/ the infection rate and take a look at the fatality rate. And then, dig deeper to find that the fatality rate contains a majority of people who've died WITH covid than because of covid.

And before anyone responds with some hollow virtual signaling and concerns about killing grandma, save it. The only person you're impressing with that is the circle jerk of pearl clutchers you surround yourself with.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:17 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Not concerned for me personally. I'll only wear a mask if I'm required by the business I'm in.

What I am concerned for it's the hundreds of thousands of people who now have PTSD over this.

I'm concerned for the kids who've been pulled out of school when it's been proved that the infection rate in schools is FAR less than the general public.

As an aside, people should be less concerned w/ the infection rate and take a look at the fatality rate. And then, dig deeper to find that the fatality rate contains a majority of people who've died WITH covid than because of covid.

And before anyone responds with some hollow virtual signaling and concerns about killing grandma, save it. The only person you're impressing with that is the circle jerk of pearl clutchers you surround yourself with.
I agree, and I'm also concerned about our economy and the ability for the bread winners to feed their families and pay their bills.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:23 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,300,829 times
How I feel about COVID? I wear a mask when it makes sense, I don't when it doesn't. I eat out, inside and out, have guests over, go to stores, go to the office and fly if I want to. Other than that, life goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies