Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2020, 11:40 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times

Advertisements

I will be getting the vaccine the first day I can get one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 11:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times
The federal government struggles to get decent IT talent due to lower wages and more importantly, strict marijuana drug testing. Private sector doesn't test IT for marijuana at all. Those guys love their weed.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:03 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
The federal government struggles to get decent IT talent due to lower wages and more importantly, strict marijuana drug testing. Private sector doesn't test IT for marijuana at all. Those guys love their weed.
Not True my company just sent out email saying they will continue to test for Marijuana after Prop 206 passed here decriminalizing it. If your caught can be terminated for it.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:13 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,366,655 times
As far as testing for Marijuana, it will be treated just like coming to work drunk. Either way, most companies will terminate you. There is one major difference as far as drug testing. Alcohol is detectable in your system for 7-12 hours. THC, depending on the 'dose', is detectable for 3 to 30 days.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:20 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
As far as testing for Marijuana, it will be treated just like coming to work drunk. Either way, most companies will terminate you. There is one major difference as far as drug testing. Alcohol is detectable in your system for 7-12 hours. THC, depending on the 'dose', is detectable for 3 to 30 days.
It's different at least at my company they consider it an illegal drug under federal law. You are allowed to drink alcohol as long as your not working. I have even been to company parties where Alcohol is served mostly upper management, VP, CEO board member types.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:31 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Well, even that, having alcohol in your system does not make you drunk, nor does having MJ in your system make you high, however, there is generally zero tolerance for the MJ, versus alcohol where it is if you are drunk at work, not if you were drunk or even had a few drinks the night before.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:53 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
I will bet anything that my employer is going to require it. At that point what I will try to do is make a deal with the doctor (probably a nurse will administer it) that says they gave me the shot, but not actually give me the shot. No one will know.
Do you really think your doctor would want to risk medical board action and loss of license to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yeah.
There won't any forced vaccinations. No one who wants one will need to be forced, and there are more than enough of them to reach the 80% mark, the percentage that makes a vaccine effective in stopping the spread.

There will likely be more than 80% who want to be vaccinated, but it's all good past 80%. It will take a while to get there, though.

There will be a few mandatory vaccinations; those who work in the medical community with Covid patients will be the first, and their vaccinations will be mandatory, but other than EMTs and some associated related personnel, there won't be many others who are mandated to be vaccinated.
Any business could require it. A small business may have to close if an employee gets it; it may leave it short staffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you work in healthcare, even if you work in a back office as a file clerk and never see a patient, or work in the executive offices of a hospital, you must have an annual flu shot.

I don't understand the control freaks who shame anti vaxxers. If they feel protected with a shot, how will someone else not getting one threaten them?
Because some people will not be protected even if vaccinated and some will be unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I bet this lady is regretting participating in the vaccine trial. https://www.gofundme.com/f/medical-a...-care-expenses
As others have pointed out if she got the placebo then it is not due to the vaccine.

There is a program for those who have severe side effects from investigational drugs, including vaccines.

https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp/filing-benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Makes me think that either that's being misrepresented or that the sores are due to something else. If she received the placebo, for example, then it's likely from something else she took.
^^^
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
It is truly startling the number of vaccinations kids get today. On the other hand, I was around before we had a polio vaccination. Twins were rare back then, one of my playmates who had a twin died of polio. Virginia is marking this year as the 70th anniversary of the Summer Without Children. In 1950, Virginia was hit with a polio outbreak notable for how widespread it was and how deadly it was - polio was horrible, but until this outbreak, the death rates had not been so high. Point is that vaccines can't simply be dismissed.

Of course, the corollary to the polio vaccine is the "Cutler Incident" where the vaccine gave people polio.

https://blueridgecountry.com/newssta...hout-children/
The "Cutter Incident" was due to improper manufacturing process by a company unfamiliar with vaccine production. Other companies made the same vaccine without difficulty.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:54 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
can someone explain this to me - if the Phizer vaccine has to be kept at 94 degrees below 0, do they warm it up before they inject it into you, or can your body handle a liquid at 94 degrees below zero???

I dont understand this.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:58 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
can someone explain this to me - if the Phizer vaccine has to be kept at 94 degrees below 0, do they warm it up before they inject it into you, or can your body handle a liquid at 94 degrees below zero???

I dont understand this.
Pfizer.

That is for storage and transportation. Any frozen vaccine is thawed before administration.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:00 PM

8,229 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post

I dont understand this.
I've been wondering about that since I saw it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies