Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 10:08 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
There is absolutely no proof of widespread vote fraud in multiple states. Only the insane believe these baseless fraud accusations.
I know of two people personally who want Trump dead! Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 11:18 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I think part of the problem this time has been how the TV media reported the results. They did not change their routine manner of reporting even though this was clearly going to be a difficult election. If you paid attention to the percent of precincts reported you were misled to think that there were only a few votes left to be counted. And yet, the votes kept piling up. Those mail-in votes and absentees were adding to the total beyond what the home viewer expected as the residue of uncounted votes. Percent reported is not the percent of votes. In many states the late reporting precincts are the huge urban centers. Perhaps another measure needs to be devised. One way would be to report the number of votes cast in the prior presidential election and show the percentage of that as the numbers grow. In this election, (maybe many elections) most states would have surpassed that prior number at some point. That would maybe bring more light and less heat into the post-election conversations for some people.
The media would do us all a favor and walk through how elections are actually administered.

It really is a no-brainer when you look at the process.

Hell - even candidates know that they have to campaign differently because voters have their ballots an entire month before the actual Election end date with Vote By Mail.

You should never be denied having your vote count if it was postmarked appropriately - and the post office fails to deliver it in a timely manner.

Additionally - we should properly fund the United States Post Office and not make them pay 75 years in advance for their own pensions.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:34 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
It's all turning sick and totally dysfunctional. You give the proof and still they refuse to believe it... I saddens me our folks have becomes so obtuse and delusional. I hear some of the comments and nothing even ads up of what they say... word salad

Old 11-21-2020, 11:56 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then what explains why Trump won in Florida, North Carolina and Ohio? Did Trump supporters engage in mail in vote fraud there to make sure he won?
Simple. The left targeted Pennsylvania and the upper Midwest as the swing states they HAD TO HAVE.

Old 11-21-2020, 12:15 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but Trump supporters don’t read the WSJ, nor would they trust it if they did.

You know which Republicans do read it? Never Trumpers.

So congrats, you’ve convinced the Never Trumpers that Trump didn’t win. But I figure they were already convinced, seeing as how they didn’t vote for him in the first place.
73% of the counties means nothing. If there's significan corruption in Fulton County, which there was, that would easily account for 12,000 votes. Just 1 corrupt County could change the outcome...and likely has.

Old 11-21-2020, 12:34 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Sure seems like there was evidence of fraud.....at least enough to give it a good looking into. The public has to trust (and I use that word completely tongue in cheek now) that election officials are acting honorably and ethically. In addition, I believe if there was any overwhelming evidence that the election could be swayed, someone somewhere would have that evidence and a legal ruling would have been made by now. That hasn't happened and I believe it is time for Trump to conceded.
I guess one would just have to assume going forward that our elections are sloppy and biased and 'there is always going to be some fraud,' and move on with your life.

And I didn't see anyone attacking minorities. I did see the challenges in the heavily liberal areas.
When you are a hammer, all you see are nails.
No. My post said attacking the AREAS where minorities came out in numbers. No one said anything about attacking minorities themselves. Who’s seeing nails again? Anyway, pay attention to the areas where the challenges lie. The Republicans were not as successful with their normal attempts at voter disenfranchisement due to the options extended as a result of COVID and the fact that minority communities mobilized to ensure their people had the opportunity to vote.

They are trying to do on the back end what they could not achieve prior to the elections. Not this time. People saw it early with the attempt to slow the mail and the closing of voting locations in minority areas. They made sure to find a way to vote.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:57 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No. My post said attacking the AREAS where minorities came out in numbers. No one said anything about attacking minorities themselves. Who’s seeing nails again? Anyway, pay attention to the areas where the challenges lie. The Republicans were not as successful with their normal attempts at voter disenfranchisement due to the options extended as a result of COVID and the fact that minority communities mobilized to ensure their people had the opportunity to vote.

They are trying to do on the back end what they could not achieve prior to the elections. Not this time. People saw it early with the attempt to slow the mail and the closing of voting locations in minority areas. They made sure to find a way to vote.

What it amounts to, is that despite the attempts by Trump to suppress voting by democrats, by various means, such as partially disabling the Postal Service and removing ballot drop boxes, Biden won by more than 6 million votes. Imagine how many more votes he would have gotten, without Trump's interference in the voting. All this posturing by Trump and groundless claims of voting fraud he's making, while he and his minions are the ones who are committing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies